Author Topic: Morrissey  (Read 33854 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: Morrissey
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2007, 10:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Ah yes....he takes the bait..ziiiiiiinnnnng, reel him in!

BTW, google works well doesn't it?
And you accuse ME of being a troll?  Don't you have better things to do, "Boy Racer Mankie"?  Like write a mash note to Morrissey and tell him how he changed your masculine, working-class life?

Originally posted by callat703:
  And the name of that Radiohead compilation is....?
Radiohead and AC/DC don't have any compilations.  I was being sarcastic.  AC/DC has none.  And Morrissey (with a much shorter career) will have SIX.  Not to mention the half a dozen Smiths compilations.  He's got to be the artist with the most compilations in relation to the amount of studio albums he's released.  He must think his fans are stupid and desperate.

"Paint A Vulgar Picture" indeed.

Brian

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
i was really surprised that DAR even allowed people to be standing in front of the stage for Moz, from the balcony it looked three people deep there..

i guess being selfish is an entitlement of being the biggest fan ever of such and such band   :roll:
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2007, 10:26:00 am »
well Morrissey has no say over the Smiths compilations, and most of his compilations include b-sides, etc which wouldn't be called a greatest hit  release.
T.Rex

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2007, 10:38:00 am »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
   He's got to be the artist with the most compilations in relation to the amount of studio albums he's released.
I submit for consideration: Bob Marley.

terry

« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2007, 10:44:00 am »
I only knew about three songs but really enjoyed the show. The most enjoyable part was watching people try to hug Moz. I think DAR needs thatguy.   :D  

I was surprised at how unsold-out the show was. Aside from a couple of sections in the balcony it seemed to be pretty empty from where I was sitting.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2007, 11:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Ah yes....he takes the bait..ziiiiiiinnnnng, reel him in!

BTW, google works well doesn't it?
And you accuse ME of being a troll?  Don't you have better things to do, "Boy Racer Mankie"?  Like write a mash note to Morrissey and tell him how he changed your masculine, working-class life?

Originally posted by callat703:
  And the name of that Radiohead compilation is....?
Radiohead and AC/DC don't have any compilations.  I was being sarcastic.  AC/DC has none.  And Morrissey (with a much shorter career) will have SIX.  Not to mention the half a dozen Smiths compilations.  He's got to be the artist with the most compilations in relation to the amount of studio albums he's released.  He must think his fans are stupid and desperate.

"Paint A Vulgar Picture" indeed.

Brian [/b]
When have I accused  you of being a troll? Trolls are quite charming in their own way and there's absolutely nothing remotely charming about you so I would never accuse you of being a Troll...

AC/DC and Radiohead 'greatest hits' albums would be singles, that's probably why they don't put them out...maybe they could do a joint one and make it an ep???

BookerT

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2007, 12:57:00 pm »
great show, of course. the bunch of empty seats didn't seem to bother moz, he seemed in fine spirits. nice setlist, very different from wolf trap back in july. i was down front about 6-7 rows back and man, there were some battles for those shirts that he threw into the crowd. not one, not two, but THREE shirt removals, hot damn. "interesting drug" and "tomorrow" were fantastic, but pretty much everything was. the stage invasions were very comical, power in numbers is the lesson, i suppose.

930clubber

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »
i'm surprised that more than 50% of the seats in the tiers were empty.  DAR is a reasonably small big venue but i need to be in the orchestra next time.  Moz looks like the celebrity chef Todd English from the tiers.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
Todd English looks more like David Byrne.

Sage 703

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2007, 12:07:00 pm »
i was shocked to see Matt Walker on drums.

But wow, what a show.  Far more than I ever expected from the guy.

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2023, 08:02:26 am »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2024, 02:17:32 pm »
because absolutely no one expected this...

Morrissey Cancels California Arena Shows Over “Unforeseen Circumstances”

rumor: due to poor ticket sales.  two back-to-back arena shows in the LA area, 20 miles apart, with high ticket prices.  he was supposed to perform You Are the Quarry for it's 20th anniversary.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2024, 02:36:33 pm »
I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again... how can anyone enjoy this dude??

nkotb

« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2024, 02:49:53 pm »
Also the Smiths are boring!!!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2024, 03:35:58 pm »
<sig>