Author Topic: Morrissey  (Read 32124 times)

930clubber

Re: Morrissey
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »
thanks for the nudge xneverwherex, i'm nixing dan deacon for morrissey.  it was surprising to find the $19 last chance tickets still available at 5 PM.

who is julia?  is she the ticket gal at 930?

saintangelsin

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2007, 05:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  I used to know this girl who saw the Smiths at the Smith Center at GWU back in 1986. I guess they only played a few songs and someone threw something and hit Morrissey. He stomped off and that was it, but she got to hang with Mike Joyce and Johnny Marr and got a ton of photos with them. I would imagine they would be filling the Patriot Center if they toured nowadays.
They'd probably fill something a little larger than the Patriot Center maybe. I met someone last night who was telling me about The Smiths playing Merriweather. Did that actually happen back in 85?

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
 no november spawned a monster, eh?  halloween 1991 was one of my very first shows, and it was morrissey who opened with november spawned a monster.  course, he had less material to play back then. [/QB]
It's funny you mention that song. He played it at his DAR gig back in September of 2004. It was really cool to hear that one live.

saintangelsin

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2007, 05:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by 930clubber:
  thanks for the nudge xneverwherex, i'm nixing dan deacon for morrissey.  it was surprising to find the $19 last chance tickets still available at 5 PM.

Julia is this woman who follows Morrissey around. He always talks to her from the stage. It's been rumored that she's his girlfriend, but I don't know quite honestly. All I do know is that she always gets really good seats for his shows and she goes to a lot of them. And like I said already, he talks to her from the stage. He usually says something quirky like "How am I sounding tonight Julia? Do you know what song I'm going to perform next?" It's quite cute.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by saintangelsin:

Originally posted by 930clubber:

Julia is this woman who follows Morrissey around. He always talks to her from the stage. It's been rumored that she's his girlfriend, but I don't know quite honestly. All I do know is that she always gets really good seats for his shows and she goes to a lot of them. And like I said already, he talks to her from the stage. He usually says something quirky like "How am I sounding tonight Julia? Do you know what song I'm going to perform next?" It's quite cute. [/b]
girlfriend? it is rumoured that Kristeen Young might have been involved with him after her comment at last tuesday's show (which she got fired from the tour right after). my friends and i thought nothing of her comment on morrissey giving head but it definitely fueled speculation.

Julia runs truetoyou.net or something like that. forgot the site. she goes to all of his shows, and morrissey fans dont like her in general for all of her special attention - although i did meet her (and know others who did) and shes nice enough.

if you google julia and morrissey - you can read all you ever wanted (and then some). plus theres pics of her floating around as everyone gets so curious.
HeyLa

lukiedookie89

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2007, 10:30:00 pm »
I love the setlists that they use on-stage...
 Last night-

Loop
 Stosh
 P'Boyz
 Simapoet
 All Me Needs
 London
 Buddy
 Coma
 Oirish
 Throw Up
 Last Nightie
 Why Don't You F?
 Crashing B's
 I Like Yuh
 Shirtlifters
 2Morrer
 Stretch
 Paris
 Ditchco
 Rippah
 HSIN?
 First

K8teebug

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2007, 08:12:00 am »
Julia isn't his girlfriend.  Just a fan who's been following him around forever.  She was at the 2004 show a few rows in front of us.

We'll be there tonight...I think in row O orchestra.

bearman🐻

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2007, 09:29:00 am »
I'll be in row O as well...seat 109.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2007, 09:31:00 am »
i'm still debating going to this...
 may just walk over preshow and buy some tickets from people trying to dump them...

might also nap before band of horses. decisions, decisions.
nothx

bearman🐻

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2007, 09:42:00 am »
Go see Morrissey...I agree with thatguy, it will be interesting to see how security handles the throngs of people trying to get on the stage. This could be Morrissey's last DC gig for a long, long time.

TheDirector217

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2007, 10:03:00 am »
I'll be there in all my splendor.  6th row Orchestra.  Feel free to holla at me.  If you run into me, I'm sure you'll figure out it's me . . .

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2007, 10:06:00 am »
Is there anyplace to get one of those $19 tickets and not have to pay ticketmaster charges?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2007, 10:09:00 am »
box office before show...I think!

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Is there anyplace to get one of those $19 tickets and not have to pay ticketmaster charges?
(_|_)

K8teebug

« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
we will be right behind bearman in P 108 and 109. (at least that's where my man thinks our seats are located)

lomein

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2007, 11:40:00 am »
anyone know door times? guessing girl in a coma goes on at 8.

lagas

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2007, 11:53:00 am »
Ill be there also, it should be a great night!
zorra