Author Topic: Morrissey  (Read 32106 times)

930clubber

Re: Morrissey
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »
For future, emergency reference, how does one befriend the Moz uber-fan Julia?

I'll be in section OOOOOOOOO

TheDirector217

« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »
Last tour in years my ass . . .

Morrissey Eyeing New Album, 2008 Tour
 Morrissey

November 02, 2007, 8:20 AM PT

Evie Nagy, N.Y.
 As his marathon tour in support of the 2006 album "Ringleader of the Tormentors" winds down, Morrissey is already making plans for the future. The artist has two new releases in the works and will be back on the road early next year, according to his manager, Merck Mercuriadis.

Mercuriadis says Morrissey, who was last inked to Sanctuary, will sign a new record deal to be announced soon. A greatest hits collection with two new songs and a new studio record produced by Jerry Finn, who was behind the boards for 2004's "You Are the Quarry," are on tap for 2008.

And while Morrissey has tended to stay off the road for long periods, the upcoming break will last only a few months, given the high demand to see the man in person.
 "He'll be back out in January," Mercuriadis says. "We'll take a short break and then start again in March."

Launched in mid-March 2006, the "Ringleader" tour was initially set to end in the United Kingdom the following December. But from the start, the routing philosophy was to "take it to the people instead of having the people come to us," according to Mercuriadis.

"He loves to play off the beaten track," Mercuriadis says. "Playing Merrillville, Ind., is at least as important to him as playing the major markets. It's also what allows him to continue going for 18 months. Everything is a fresh experience."

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2007, 04:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Morrissey

A greatest hits collection with two new songs and a new studio record produced by Jerry Finn, who was behind the boards for 2004's "You Are the Quarry," are on tap for 2008.

Wow!  Really?  A compilation from Morrissey!  That's a first isn't it?  He's NEVER had any of his work collected on a compilation has he?  He's like AC/DC or Radiohead in that regard!

Brian

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2007, 04:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Morrissey

A greatest hits collection with two new songs and a new studio record produced by Jerry Finn, who was behind the boards for 2004's "You Are the Quarry," are on tap for 2008.

Wow!  Really?  A compilation from Morrissey!  That's a first isn't it?  He's NEVER had any of his work collected on a compilation has he?  He's like AC/DC or Radiohead in that regard!

Brian [/b]
He's done one other compilation album you fucking drama queen....

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Morrissey

Brian [/b]
He's done one other compilation album you fucking drama queen.... [/b]
Au Contraire!

What do you think "Bona Drag" is?

You have

Bona Drag
 World of Morrissey
 Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey
 My Early Burglary Years
 The Best Of Morrissey

and this one would make SIX!

Brian

frazman

« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »
This show has me very excited indeed. always nice to see a true original in person

Sage 703

« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »

Morrissey

Brian [/b]
And the name of that Radiohead compilation is....?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »

Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Morrissey

Brian [/b]
He's done one other compilation album you fucking drama queen.... [/b]
Au Contraire!

What do you think "Bona Drag" is?

You have

Bona Drag
 World of Morrissey
 Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey
 My Early Burglary Years
 The Best Of Morrissey

and this one would make SIX!

Brian [/b]
Ah yes....he takes the bait..ziiiiiiinnnnng, reel him in!

BTW, google works well doesn't it?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:

Morrissey

Brian [/b]
And the name of that Radiohead compilation is....? [/b]
Actually, it's only a single!~

saintangelsin

« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2007, 07:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
 [/qb]
girlfriend? it is rumoured that Kristeen Young might have been involved with him after her comment at last tuesday's show (which she got fired from the tour right after). my friends and i thought nothing of her comment on morrissey giving head but it definitely fueled speculation.

Julia runs truetoyou.net or something like that. forgot the site. she goes to all of his shows, and morrissey fans dont like her in general for all of her special attention - although i did meet her (and know others who did) and shes nice enough.

if you google julia and morrissey - you can read all you ever wanted (and then some). plus theres pics of her floating around as everyone gets so curious. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that Kristeen Young fueled speculation. I thought she was Tony Viscotti's girlfriend. My friend said that she's the reason Tiger Army were kicked off of Morrissey's tour. All these rumors are crazy I must admit.

Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Julia isn't his girlfriend.  Just a fan who's been following him around forever.  She was at the 2004 show a few rows in front of us.

We'll be there tonight...I think in row O orchestra.
Yeah I know she's not, but it's been questioned. I've heard she's nice.

I hope everyone has fun tonight at the gig.

bearman🐻

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2007, 12:14:00 am »
I had an absolute blast tonight. K8teebug, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. I met some really, really cool people tonight though and everyone was awesome. Great setlist, I really enjoyed hearing "Interesting Drug", "The Boy With the Thorn In His Side", "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself", "Tomorrow" and "How Soon Is Now?". Not to mention "Stretch Out and Wait" and "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want". Hope that you all had fun too!

frazman

« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2007, 03:24:00 am »
It was awesome, to use the local vernacular. Show me a better show. Please.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2007, 07:51:00 am »
Did Brian Walalce attend the show? Here's a review from morrissey-solo. Makes me think Brian was there:

Morrissey and the band do well wherever they are. But this place (and the people in it) did everything they could to ruin that. Everyone was INCREDIBLY uptight about the seats. I remember being in the pit at a show last year, and when Moz came on tons of people poured into the pit next to me. I didn't care. The more the merrier. But the concert-goers in the front here were flipping out when people tried to squeeze next to them. Granted, a lot of them were middle-aged and probably don't go to too many Moz shows (let alone GA ones), but come on. You don't need all that elbow room when there are some really desperate fans just behind you, who paid the same for tickets. That's the problem with seated shows: unlike GA, they really don't reward the more devoted fans, the ones who want a front space more. Security wanted everyone in their seat, and most of the people were only too happy to comply. D.C. is full of rigid and uptight people, I know, but you'd expect Moz fans to be a bit more...well, enthusiastic about Moz shows. Not so insensitive and stodgy.
(_|_)

shemptiness

« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2007, 09:58:00 am »
Sounds like a case of DAR to me.

K8teebug

« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2007, 10:03:00 am »
Bearman, sorry I missed you too!  

LOVED the show.  So much better than the 2004 show.  Also glad he played the tree songs I wanted to hear (Stop Me, Tomorrow, Boy with the Thorn in His Side).  Morrissey sounded awesome, the band was in top form, and the fans were super nice (aside from the 3 assholes who wouldn't stop talking in the beginning, but they left after 3 songs).

Just a terrific, awesome show.