Author Topic: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist  (Read 80067 times)

sonickteam2

Re: V-Fest Prediction / Wishlist
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
lol

killsaly

« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »
Kanye West sucks.  I would pay to NOT see him perform.  I would much rather have someone else.  looks like I am going to be skipping him at Bonnaroo and V fest.
 Im not a Foo fan, but I am glad to be able to see NIN and Jack Johnson again, and to be able to see STP for the first time.  
 Hopefully, the rest of the lineup is better.  Maybe some MGMT, Tegan and Sara, DCFC, or Black Kids.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »
Blast furnace August heat......this lineup......nope......maybe next year....

burning6down

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »
Umm...yeah, I really want to be in a hot, sweaty dance tent in mid-day 100 degree heat...no thanks.
 Kanya  sucks, but seeing a rant is always a treat.
 Jack Johnson just makes me queasy.  :p

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dr. Anton Phibes:
  Blast furnace August heat......this lineup......nope......maybe next year....
ditto
T.Rex

iceman

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »
pendulum and deadmau5 would be worth the price of admission alone or dont you know who they are???

lukiedookie89

« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »
Guys, guys, guys. Keep your heads up. Has the board been really happy with the headliners in the past? Maybe Smashing Pumpkins last year, I guess. Anyway, there are definitely gonna be some bands worth seeing that easily beat out the headliners (for most of us here anyway).
 And, IN MY OWN OPINION, STP will be a sick act to see and Jack Johnson tours with an incredible band and they put on an incredible show.

wml7

« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »
I can see the other bands being like MGMT and Vampire Weekend, Rogue Wave, and crap like that.  Just like all the other festivals with the same bands.

wml7

« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »
Which isn't bad because I like those bands haha.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »
I really hope Underworld pops in Saturday. I have ALWAYS wanted to see them.

I think Muse, QOTSA, Vampire Weekend, Bloc Party, Metric, Feist, and Kings Of Leon are all also possibilities.

PigIron

« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:00 pm »
I hope this year's festival is a big success - I want it to remain in Baltimore.  I'll probably like future lineups down the line. I had a good time at the last two. I just don't really like the headliners this year.  As headliners, I'll take the Beastie Boys and Modest Mouse and the Police over Kanye West and Jack Johnson any day.  And can someone tell me when the Stone Temple Pilots stopped being the laughing stock of music, the derivative of all bad radio rock, the bane of the musical world, the Creed-before-there-was-a-Creed....and started becoming acceptable to people other than the fratboy crowd?  It seems that their return is being welcomed by many.  I may have missed a memo on this one.

wml7

« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2008, 10:37:00 pm »
I saw Kanye at whfs festival at Merrieweather and I thought he was pretty good.  Maybe thats just me.  But I was impressed.

taperkat

« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »
I saw Velvet Revolver at HOB, and I adore NIN but I'll pass for the heat. Not a bad lineup, just nothing to pull me in.

however if the Swell Season get booked, I will have no choice but to go. :3

wml7

« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2008, 11:00:00 pm »
Yeah I saw Velvet Revolver last year at the vfest.  Pretty much same as STP will be this year.  Not too shabby.

bkrome

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2008, 11:40:00 pm »
STP is the first headliner I have really disliked in the now 3rd of the festival. Foo Fighters will put on a good show as will NIN.  What I have liked most about Virgin the last 2 years is the quality of acts for the whole day.  I am hopeful both days will be filled in quite nicely.  I think last year only The Police, Pumpkins and Beastie Boys were announced in the press release prior to the whole lineup coming out yet big time acts like Modest Mouse, 311 and Ben Harper ended up on the bill too.