Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1876627 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4800 on: September 15, 2021, 04:41:02 pm »
Is this a California thing? I have NEVER heard of this. We've never ever ever paid the opposing attorneys fees after winning a trial (although virtually every action brought against my company is frivolous where people do not understand how "at will" employment works).

It might be.  It might also be that in combination with us being a state entity.  I don't know what their intention is, but it has led us to settle more often even if we think we'll win because it's more cost efficient.  Of course the downside to that is we're gaining a reputation of being easy to settle with and are seeing more suits.  Most of these are wrongful termination suits in a union environment...
27>34

« Reply #4801 on: September 15, 2021, 04:42:59 pm »
gaining a reputation of being easy
there was a lot of legalese in this thread, but I found gold
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4802 on: September 15, 2021, 04:51:52 pm »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4803 on: September 15, 2021, 05:39:16 pm »
Pump the breaks a little. I'm not sure "very very blue state" reaffirms they are "very very blue" is a model for the midterms generically. Perhaps its a blueprint for holding as many congressional seats in California and possibly the house by extension but I don't think there's a blueprint here that's applicable to Georgia, for example.

but I do agree with Juli, no way we can draw any conclusions from this abnormality of an election

I expect to see more narratives like this...Make it about the pandemic and the Republican (lack of) response to it. 

"Newsom has focused less on selling his accomplishments than on raising alarms that his Republican opponents will exacerbate the coronavirus pandemic by repealing the public-health protections, such as vaccine and mask mandates, that he has imposed to fight it. He’s linked the GOP candidates running to replace him not only to Donald Trump but also to Republican governors such as Ron DeSantis in Florida and Greg Abbott in Texas, who have blocked mandates and other measures to combat the disease."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/09/the-california-recall-could-be-a-road-map-for-democrats/620020/
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4804 on: September 17, 2021, 09:09:40 am »
my scattered thoughts on Star-crossed...

i will rank this one as my third favorite Kacey album as I could never really fully embrace Golden Hour, but glad it helped her crossover, etc

justified was a great first single... and i suspect either cherry blossom or breadwinner will be the next single

breadwinner continues in the vein of merry-go-round and biscuits, the a bit cheeky single

and her next tour will definitely open with star-crossed, one can almost see the stage lighting and her emerging from the smoke to open the show with it

the film was worth watching once, but nothing worthy of repeat viewing

kacey will always been something i will listen to when i'm having a less than stellar day..

and it amuses me that this is referred to as her fifth album if you count the christmas one, when it's actually her eight if you add in the early three independent album.. two of which were briefly streaming and are now long gone... given all the merch she is pushing these days, i'm  surprised those haven't been given deluxe re-issues given the fans will likely gobble them up.

T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #4805 on: September 17, 2021, 12:22:16 pm »
I agree with just about everything you said, Kosmo.

We're passing on seeing her tour this time.  Not because of the album, but because it's at a large indoor venue and we'll miss the intimacy of a Kacey show.  I saw her at Outside Lands in Golden Gate park and it wasn't the same...   
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4806 on: September 17, 2021, 01:22:13 pm »
speaking of all things Kacey, this just landed on my doorstop

T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #4807 on: September 21, 2021, 03:11:41 pm »
Did I ever tell you guys that my next foray into an environmentally friendly vehicle was a Chevy Bolt?

After Dieselgate and my settlement, we decided we would replace The Brand's Mini Cooper with a Chevy Bolt...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4808 on: September 23, 2021, 07:11:13 pm »
Pump the breaks a little. I'm not sure "very very blue state" reaffirms they are "very very blue" is a model for the midterms generically. Perhaps its a blueprint for holding as many congressional seats in California and possibly the house by extension but I don't think there's a blueprint here that's applicable to Georgia, for example.

but I do agree with Juli, no way we can draw any conclusions from this abnormality of an election

In addition to that Atlantic article....

McAuliffe Is Going With the Newsom Playbook in Virginia
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4809 on: September 24, 2021, 09:12:47 pm »
ICYMI

😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #4810 on: September 26, 2021, 12:14:42 pm »
Nice.  I'm pretty sure the comcast joke is better than the thievery idea.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4811 on: October 04, 2021, 11:35:18 am »
<sig>

« Reply #4812 on: October 04, 2021, 11:37:23 am »
isn't that a NKOTB thread posting
or is Smakie on the DL now
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4813 on: October 04, 2021, 12:03:38 pm »
Jesus.  I'm not dead yet....
27>34

« Reply #4814 on: October 04, 2021, 12:48:04 pm »
slack