Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1877164 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4920 on: September 22, 2022, 09:20:15 pm »
I’m old enough to remember when Maroon 5 was Kara’s Flowers

However, the band had little success

[/quot

However, the band had little success

It however is a nifty little Power Pop album and I got to see them once when they in the midst of an appearance change, etc… got what would have been a rare pre M5 demo CDR of theirs which of course completely rotted out :(
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4921 on: September 22, 2022, 10:04:25 pm »
Not sure id brag about that, Bro, but I’ll send you my friends’ daughters insta if you PM me, Bro.
LVMH

« Reply #4923 on: September 23, 2022, 11:52:04 am »
I think she's done a photoshoot or two for like a bikini line or whey protein but her Instagram paid promotion/youtube clicks/and her non-nudity OnlyFans "workout tips" [her thing is she's a white girl with an enormous muscular ass] is how she puts a roof over her head.
maybe someone should let this guy know there is money in this
slack

« Reply #4924 on: September 25, 2022, 10:56:57 pm »

I'm pretty sure we all are....
this checks a lot of boxes

slack

« Reply #4925 on: October 04, 2022, 04:50:06 pm »
Smackie, indulge me in a hypothetical. Yankees are closing out their season with a three game stand against the dogshit Texas Rangers. If Tony Beasley instructed his pitchers to intentionally walk Aaron Judge every at bat in the doubleheader today and then stated his intention in the postgame presser to do the same in the final game of the season tomorrow, what would the reaction be from various baseball stakeholders (the writers, the Yankees, etc) be overnight? Would he be fired immediately? Would the commissioners office step in? And on a second level, from an eyes and ears and column inches and minutes on Sportscenter perspective, would this be actually in the best interests of baseball?
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4926 on: October 04, 2022, 06:34:08 pm »
Smackie, indulge me in a hypothetical. Yankees are closing out their season with a three game stand against the dogshit Texas Rangers. If Tony Beasley instructed his pitchers to intentionally walk Aaron Judge every at bat in the doubleheader today and then stated his intention in the postgame presser to do the same in the final game of the season tomorrow, what would the reaction be from various baseball stakeholders (the writers, the Yankees, etc) be overnight? Would he be fired immediately? Would the commissioners office step in? And on a second level, from an eyes and ears and column inches and minutes on Sportscenter perspective, would this be actually in the best interests of baseball?

(1) First, I don't think his players would go along with that, and if he took them out it would be AWESOME to watch, but he would definitely get fired.
(2) Yes, the league would probably suspend him, but he would/could appeal.  The Rangers would probably fire him if he appealed because it's in Texas and ticket sales would be impacted if Judge wasn't hitting.
(3) The Yankees and the NY Media would absolutely lose their shit and it would be fun to watch.  This would be the main reason why I would do it.
(4) The Sportscenter angle is interesting.  Many hot takes, many people taking different sides, but yes, so long as Beasley never wanted to be a head coach again, it would make people talk about baseball like they haven't in a long time....
27>34

« Reply #4927 on: October 04, 2022, 06:52:37 pm »
Great response. Appreciate your points, especially #2 which I did not account for.

Indulge me once more: Beasley goes Magnus Carlson and doesn’t say 100% in libelous fashion that he thinks Judge is juicing but he highly alludes to it. Does this flip the entire scenario on its head? Has he, at minimum, forced ownership/the leagues hand to not suspend/fire him on the spot so he can coach #162 and carry out his nefarious Yankee-hating plot?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 06:54:09 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #4928 on: October 07, 2022, 11:51:37 am »
this really seemed like the appropriate thread for this

slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4929 on: October 07, 2022, 11:54:41 am »
😐 🎶

« Reply #4930 on: October 07, 2022, 12:13:06 pm »
For a second, I thought you made that on the fly to look like a Smiths cover and was like "bravo"...but now know it was the real cover
this is a great read
https://www.nme.com/photos/the-smiths-the-stories-behind-all-27-of-their-provocative-album-and-single-sleeves-1424816
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4931 on: October 07, 2022, 12:26:56 pm »
When I first saw the cover, I recognized the speaker ad right away from the stereo mags I read as a teen.
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #4932 on: October 13, 2022, 07:45:44 pm »
For a second, I thought you made that on the fly to look like a Smiths cover and was like "bravo"...but now know it was the real cover
this is a great read
https://www.nme.com/photos/the-smiths-the-stories-behind-all-27-of-their-provocative-album-and-single-sleeves-1424816

I've seen this article, and yes I read it through again.   Great share.
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #4934 on: January 05, 2023, 03:38:58 pm »
Don't care how nerdy this would be, I wish I could get this:

Maryland firm auctions off Apple’s first trade sign
😐 🎶