Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258198 times)

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2015, 10:22:51 am »

Various - DOA (punk documentary from 1980; revolves around the Sex Pistols tour of the U.S.  Lots of
Been trying to track this down since a teenager
D.O.A.: A Rite of Passage

But it's like $100 for a VHS tape
Wish someone would stream it

http://www.j4hi.com/page5/page144/D.O.A._dvd.html

Excellent, I heard that a Japanese version came out but it was one of those weird region issues and you couldn't watch it

That youtube was a trailer not the whole movie.

Did come across this but haven't had a chance to view it

?Another State Of Mind,? from 1982 is a very cool documentary of a summer punk rock tour with Social Distortion, Youth Brigade, and Minor Threat. Mike Ness, Keith Morris and various street kids explain the scene, slam dancing, discrimination of punks, among other social commentary.  This ?Decline of the Western Civilization? style doc makes me miss my punk rock roots growing up in SoCal. Viva La Revolution!
?People say that punks are rebels without a cause, but that?s not true,  I mean we have plenty of things to fight for?    -Shawn Stern

Another State Of Mind  looks like the whole thing
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2015, 12:12:20 pm »
Watched Muscle Shoals this weekend. Really awesome.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2015, 12:43:31 pm »
I saw Wild Tales at E Street Cinema the other week, best movie I've seen in quite some time.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2015, 10:31:30 am »
Was told over the weekend that "It Follows" was a fun movie. Was also intrigued by "Ex Machina"... Anyone seen either of these? Wanna head out to the movies and catch one of these.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2015, 10:57:53 am »
AV Club Picks Best Movies of the Decade (so far)

Don't know about The Master as #1.  Great movie?  Sure.  The best one?  I don't know. 

I heartily approve the choice of A Separation at #2.  If you told me I was going to love an Iranian domestic drama, I would have said you were crazy.  But the characters and the storytelling made the film awesome.  One of the best movie endings ever.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:00:19 am by ggw »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:45 am »
I think The Master is legitimately one of the best films of all time.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2015, 11:25:54 am »
Dang, I'm so behind on movies. Surprised to see Scott Pilgrim on that list. Super fun movie though.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2015, 07:55:18 am »
We saw While We're Young this weekend. What a waste of time. Just once I would like to see a movie about people who don't have kids who just are FINE not having them. It's very annoying. The whole movie was annoying. Ugh.

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2015, 09:10:25 am »
I saw Boyhood when it debuted on Showtime this weekend. It was an odd film but I liked it alot. It's hard to determine how much of that was from the unusual concept versus the actual story/acting/etc. I'll probably watch it again in a few months.
LVMH

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2015, 03:24:05 pm »
Ok still really no new news on this....but there is a Blade Runner 2 coming out

It?s official: Blade Runner 2 is on, and the boys are back together again. Original director Ridley Scott is producing, Harrison Ford is back as detective Deckard, and the screenplay is co-written by the original?s Hampton Fancher, based on an idea by him and Scott. Prisoners/Enemy director Denis Villeneuve is due to direct it next summer, and Ford says the script is ?the best thing he?s ever read?. Is it too good to be true?

but I hate to get my hopes up as I know they are going to screw it up
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »
sounds like they will ruin the life that is the first film.  and besides, can we get back to talking about that prince albert of yours.  oh, my.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2015, 07:19:11 am »
I must be the only person on the planet earth, that thinks the new Avengers movie, was a piece of shit.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2015, 09:29:20 am »
Did anyone see Mad Max? Thought it was super fun. It's insanely unapologetic about it being "Cars exploding for 2 hours. Deal with it." lol
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2015, 09:41:53 am »
that's next on my list!  Saw a trailer for a new Adam Sandler film about video games that attack the earth. It looks like the biggest piece of shit ever created.

« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:34 am »
I must be the only person on the planet earth, that thinks the new Avengers movie, was a piece of shit.
I assumed it was but I haven't seen it as I am a grown adult.
LVMH