Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258305 times)

K8teebug

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2015, 09:11:40 am »
I just saw Rosemary's Baby for the first time. Holy awesome.

Space Freely

« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2015, 09:22:44 am »
Far From the Madding Crowd

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2015, 09:54:40 am »
Love and Mercy

I was pretty shocked at how good I thought this movie was.

Bagley

« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:21 am »
Far From the Madding Crowd

Lovely Victorian period piece.  Beautiful costumes and cinematography.

walk,on,by

« Reply #214 on: October 31, 2015, 01:11:27 pm »

killsaly

« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2015, 08:49:00 pm »
Halloween horror movie time!  I am not sure what I am going to watch but Debug, Howl, Exeter, the new Poltergeist, the first four episodes of this season of American Horror Story, and the last three episodes of the last season of Walking Dead and however many new ones from this season...

walk,on,by

« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2015, 10:57:20 pm »
The Ninth Gate

K8teebug

« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2015, 09:44:11 am »
We watched Babadook and it was good.

Relaxer

« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2015, 10:03:35 am »
On Friday night, I hosted "Scary Movie Night" for a pile of 11 yr olds, all full of balls and bravery about watching the scariest movie ever even though most (including my son) had never seen a real horror movie. I wanted to scare them poopless but also remember that they're 11 so after we debated Nightmare on Elm Street, the original Alien, and Halloween, we somehow settled on the original Poltergeist.

And holy shit, that movie is MUCH scarier than I'd remembered. And man did it ever hit my nostalgia pleasure centers having been 11 yo when it was filmed. And the kids were absolutely terrified. It's the perfect 'first horror movie' for kids because while it's scary as hell, no one dies and there's no gore apart from that bathroom mirror scene.

A+ would watch again
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2015, 11:01:53 am »
Watched Insidious over the weekend, was surprised at how left field it goes at the end. It was creepy/weird enough and then it just goes off the deep end. Although I'm also kind of happy to see movies kind of stay dedicated to their weirdness lol.

Also caught Sicario. Damn good movie! Would definitely suggest if you're a fan of police drama/drug cartel type movies. The lead actress gets a little annoying, but Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin are great.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2015, 11:59:52 am »
Watched Insidious over the weekend, was surprised at how left field it goes at the end. It was creepy/weird enough and then it just goes off the deep end. Although I'm also kind of happy to see movies kind of stay dedicated to their weirdness lol.
Insidious 2 is pretty good too.  I also really enjoyed Insidious 3, the prequel.  It tells the story of how the investigation team was formed.  I watched it a week ago.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2015, 12:37:27 pm »
Oh that prequel sounds wicked! I did like how it ended with the super ominous tone but super obviously open ended for a sequel.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »
On Friday night, I hosted "Scary Movie Night" for a pile of 11 yr olds, all full of balls and bravery about watching the scariest movie ever even though most (including my son) had never seen a real horror movie. I wanted to scare them poopless but also remember that they're 11 so after we debated Nightmare on Elm Street, the original Alien, and Halloween, we somehow settled on the original Poltergeist.

And holy shit, that movie is MUCH scarier than I'd remembered. And man did it ever hit my nostalgia pleasure centers having been 11 yo when it was filmed. And the kids were absolutely terrified. It's the perfect 'first horror movie' for kids because while it's scary as hell, no one dies and there's no gore apart from that bathroom mirror scene.

A+ would watch again

I was just talking about how Poltergiest was way scarier this weekend! So far, our scary movies this year were The Exorcist (yes, I'd never seen it. I didn't really like it. It was gross and not scary), Rosemary's Baby, Zombieland (an annual tradition, whatever happened to the sequel?), Halloween, Babadook, and Charlie Brown.

« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2015, 02:49:46 pm »

A+ would watch again

I was just talking about how Poltergiest was way scarier this weekend! So far, our scary movies this year were The Exorcist (yes, I'd never seen it. I didn't really like it. It was gross and not scary), Rosemary's Baby, Zombieland (an annual tradition, whatever happened to the sequel?), Halloween, Babadook, and Charlie Brown.
Evil Dead 2
slack

Relaxer

« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2015, 02:50:54 pm »
K8t, you mentioned, on this very page!, two movies that I need to get around to watching: Rosemary's Baby and Babadook. I've heard Babadook is difficult/un-fun to watch if you're a parent. I can't stand kids-in-peril movies, and this did affect me while watching Poltergeist but I knew no one dies so I wasn't that bent outta shape about it.

Oh yeah, also watched It Follows a week or so ago. A lotta hype for a perfectly fine horror movie that I'll never think about again. Interesting concept though.

Just downloaded Bone Tomahawk, a horror-western, and am looking forward to checking that out this week.
oword