Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258280 times)

Bagley

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #286 on: March 21, 2016, 11:51:41 am »
Meru -  Breathtaking documentary about climbing in the Himalayas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvS6O9lVkkg

Space Freely

« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2016, 10:46:32 am »
My daughter proclaimed Zootopia "the best movie I've ever seen, except for the (straight to video/streaming) Buddies movies."

Yada

« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2016, 10:56:33 am »
My daughter proclaimed Zootopia "the best movie I've ever seen, except for the (straight to video/streaming) Buddies movies."

I ventured out this weekend and took my daughter to her first movie, it was a great success... possibly a bit too scary in a few parts, but all in all a fun daddy/daugther adventure. Looking forward to the secret life of pets!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2016, 10:59:55 am »
I'm curious about this, heard it's pretty good.

@ Yada - the previews for that movie are hilarious. Definitely on my list as well!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:10:43 am by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼

Relaxer

« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2016, 11:07:16 am »
I end up seeing every kid movie there is. Based on the dynamic of kid movies, Zootopia was better than average. It wasn't Wreck It Ralph or Rise of the Guardians (which I loved for some reason), but it was way better than, say, Cloudy Meatballs (the worst of the worst) or Hotel Transylvania (as generic and slapdash as they come). Zootopia actually had an interesting mystery story behind it, so I wasn't ever bored.
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2016, 11:11:21 am »
Kids movies are hit or miss and I tend to miss them until they're out on Netflix or on demand. Definitely intrigued by the word of mouth for Zootopia.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2016, 08:51:47 pm »

I ventured out this weekend and took my daughter to her first movie, it was a great success... possibly a bit too scary in a few parts, but all in all a fun daddy/daugther adventure. Looking forward to the secret life of pets!
actually took the kids to this too and enjoyed it as well
the secret life of pets looks really good
scary how topical zootopia was by not really intending to be

our thing of late is the Studio Ghibli that came out in the 90s
I'd missed some of them, so it's been great

haven't seen the PeeWee one yet, my wife's opinion of Pee wee is similar to her opinion of the 3 stooges
not worth watching (so it's been hard to lobby it for movie night)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:12:33 pm by SideBernt |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2016, 09:02:07 pm »
I was 28, she was 19. I'm sure Smackie would approve.

Edit: She HAD great tits. I haven't seen her in 15 years, I'm guessing time took it's toll like it did on her mom.

Two good rules there.  The Smackie corollary broken as she was under half your age plus seven, but since you've already looked at the mom and knew it couldn't last, give it a hearty go.
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2016, 09:15:21 pm »
Those are all great.  I enjoyed every movie that they made (I think I saw all of them, I don't feel like looking them all up right now).

Space Freely

« Reply #295 on: April 04, 2016, 09:56:50 pm »
I was 28, she was 19. I'm sure Smackie would approve.

Edit: She HAD great tits. I haven't seen her in 15 years, I'm guessing time took it's toll like it did on her mom.

Two good rules there.  The Smackie corollary broken as she was under half your age plus seven, but since you've already looked at the mom and knew it couldn't last, give it a hearty go.

I think she lied and told her mom i was 23 or 24 as well...24 would have nailed your rule...

Space Freely

« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2016, 09:58:19 pm »
Those are all great.  I enjoyed every movie that they made (I think I saw all of them, I don't feel like looking them all up right now).

Four thumbs up fro my wife an daughter.

« Reply #297 on: April 04, 2016, 10:00:46 pm »

I see we might have had more than 6oz tonight...
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #298 on: April 05, 2016, 10:45:10 am »
Anyone excited for Hardcore Henry? I remember seeing the short pop up on YouTube a bit ago and thought it was great. Not sure how it'll translate to being a full length movie and on a giant screen.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #299 on: April 05, 2016, 10:50:03 am »

I see we might have had more than 6oz tonight...

LOL, that's what I get for being on the internet during the bedtime process. Only had half of an Allagash White, I swear.