Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258227 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2017, 01:14:02 pm »
Switching into horror movie gear. Watched It Follows and Hush last night. It Follows was a great throwback horror, Hush was heart pounding! I felt exhausted watching those 2 back to back.

Tonight I'll finally FINALLY see The Babadook and I think The Invitation.

Has anyone see Raw or The Lure!? They both sound so good!
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #451 on: September 28, 2017, 11:05:43 am »
I am also switching into horror movie gear! Will definitely be watching It Follows this year. Loved Babadook and We are who we are last year. Hope to get to the Invitation this year.

Anyone else have other suggestions?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #452 on: October 02, 2017, 11:18:42 am »
I am also switching into horror movie gear! Will definitely be watching It Follows this year. Loved Babadook and We are who we are last year. Hope to get to the Invitation this year.

Anyone else have other suggestions?
The Invitation is a crazy slow burner and plays it super close to the vest almost until the very end. I caught Green Inferno [Eli Roth] and it was absolutely horrible. The gore may have been even too much if it was supposed to be a camp horror... I just did not understand it. Also watched Creep and that was very odd... A super fun "found footage" type. Surprised to see they're making a sequel with the same killer in it. The ending is awesome.

I have a huge list I keep adding to. Finally going to go see IT this week as well!
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #453 on: October 02, 2017, 11:32:15 am »
Switching into horror movie gear. Watched It Follows and Hush last night. It Follows was a great throwback horror, Hush was heart pounding! I felt exhausted watching those 2 back to back.

Tonight I'll finally FINALLY see The Babadook and I think The Invitation.

Has anyone see Raw or The Lure!? They both sound so good!

I saw Raw. It was pointless garbage. I'm sure you'll love it.

herman otto

« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2017, 12:41:59 am »
I am starting my annual horror film month.  so far, gurrrl . . . I am just going to admit it.  Madea Boo is a damn good movie.  Can't wait for the sequel this month.  rewatched Thir13en Ghosts which is a great great ghost movie.  soon fright night will be devoured, because it holds a special place in my heart as a vampire flick.  plus, watch dead alive.  lawnmowers.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #455 on: October 05, 2017, 02:09:40 pm »
Caught IT last night. I thought they did a super good job of keep the scares going besides just jump scares. Some sequences in the movie feel like they on forever and it's terrifying. Literally like a nightmare you can't wake up from. What a fun Halloween movie!
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #456 on: October 09, 2017, 09:10:13 am »
Watched Green Room last night. Not what I thought it would be. Is the camera work in Creep super shaky? That gives me motion sickness if it's too bad.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #457 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:38 am »
Naw, I think most of the "found footage" stuff these days is pretty good. At least to me it's not bad. Creep's camera work wasn't anything I noticed as being a distraction. At certain points it feels like you're watching a movie vs "found footage".

Watched XX last night and it was definitely weird. Anthology type movie with 4 stories, all women directors, I think one was directed by St. Vincent. Not gory, but definitely weird. Change of pace from a lot of stuff I've been watching.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #458 on: November 22, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »
Given its 100% Rotten Tomatoes score and 94 Metacritic score, I was expecting Lady Bird to blow me away.  It didn't, but it was still very good.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is better, IMHO.

Space Freely

« Reply #459 on: November 27, 2017, 10:29:35 am »
A big thumbs up from my 10 year old for the film "Wonder."

That's the type of film you go see at the theater when you have a ten year old!

The preppy bully who mocked the film's hero's unattractive physical appearance was named "Julian."

Two things to note:

1. Owen Wilson is perfectly cast as the dad of a kid with a facial deformity.
2. Julia Roberts is aging quite gracefully.

K8teebug

« Reply #460 on: November 27, 2017, 02:17:59 pm »
Given its 100% Rotten Tomatoes score and 94 Metacritic score, I was expecting Lady Bird to blow me away.  It didn't, but it was still very good.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is better, IMHO.

I think Lady Bird is a movie for women. I loved it.

Can't wait to see three billboards

Space Freely

« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2017, 02:03:58 pm »
I really liked Wind River, another score for Hell or High Water screenwriter Taylor Sheridan.

Bagley

« Reply #462 on: December 13, 2017, 04:57:44 pm »
Harry Dean Stanton's last film Lucky is tremendous.  An existential tour de force about growing old and facing death. David Lynch, whose beside himself because of his lost tortoise, plays a regular in a bar that Stanton's character frequents.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #463 on: December 13, 2017, 06:09:48 pm »
Loved the Big Sick - free on Amazon Prime.

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89OP78l9oF0&feature=youtu.be

ggw

« Reply #464 on: December 13, 2017, 06:49:49 pm »
Wondering if your favorite movie or TV show have been tarnished by sexual misconduct charges?  Rotten Apples lets you check