Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 260369 times)

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #870 on: April 28, 2021, 04:40:48 pm »
I'd see that
I think you're wife and kid should play those roles too
slack

hutch

« Reply #871 on: April 28, 2021, 08:12:04 pm »
Scared to look up this Bob O guy...

Maybe I should get into acting.. I could be that token Latino that can never gets any parts cause there are so few Latino roles

Space Freely

« Reply #872 on: April 28, 2021, 08:26:20 pm »
Scared to look up this Bob O guy...

Maybe I should get into acting.. I could be that token Latino that can never gets any parts cause there are so few Latino roles

He's the star of Better Call Saul.

Also, I was wrong. Not streaming on Prime.

hutch

« Reply #873 on: April 28, 2021, 09:54:04 pm »
No idea what that is

These are shows we watch with our kids:

Cobra 🐍 Kai ( l go read a book..too intense for me...everyone else loves it)
Queens gambit (I love chess and the main actress is practically Argentine so love her)
Young Sheldon
Schitt s Creek (nearing the end... not as good anymore... I think I have a crush on Alexis)
Emily in Paris

No more than an episode or two if it’s a 30 minute sitcom

We finished Big Bang theory.. it crashed and burned last few seasons...horrible

We actually need some new shows to add to rotation as are caught up with cobra 🐍 and Emily , near end with schitt creek and queen’s gambit etc so suggestions are very welcome

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:11:07 pm by hutch »

« Reply #874 on: May 13, 2021, 11:32:06 am »
weird to see all these dead hutch threads...

https://youtu.be/fyAHXMuf4es
To Be Someone
starring the original cast of the iconic, cult mods n' rockers film, Quadrophenia.

loosely related
 This film was however based on the book sequel, which itself was based on the rock opera. Ray Burdis has specifically said that the movie is not a sequel to the original Quadrophenia movie, though it does feature some of the characters, and is set in the mod subculture

Far as I can tell, no Who or The Jam (the title is taken from them) on the movie soundtrack
some pretty nice scoots tho!
slack

notme

« Reply #875 on: May 13, 2021, 09:13:33 pm »
what drives us

« Reply #876 on: May 26, 2021, 05:00:33 pm »
this looks to be really good
The Sparks Brothers - Official Trailer (2021) Edgar Wright

How can one rock band be successful, underrated, hugely influential, and criminally overlooked all at the same time? Edgar Wright's debut documentary THE SPARKS BROTHERS, which features commentary from celebrity fans Flea, Jane Wiedlin, Beck, Jack Antonoff, Jason Schwartzman, Neil Gaiman, and more, takes audiences on a musical odyssey through five weird and wonderful decades with brothers/bandmates Ron and Russell Mael celebrating the inspiring legacy of Sparks: your favorite band's favorite band.

I'm going to be totally honest, I never even heard of the sparks until A Giant Dog did a cover of Angst in my pants
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #877 on: May 27, 2021, 07:35:52 am »
My first exposure to The Sparks was that truly forgettable movie Rollercoaster (1977) and I was a bit creeped out by their image.  Never really got it to them, but their cult following is strong and I can take them in small doses now.  And honestly the FFS project resonates more with with me than straight up Sparks.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:47:10 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #878 on: May 27, 2021, 07:53:44 am »
speaking of Edgar Wright, the trailer for his new movie is out and it looks a bit creepy

Last Night In Soho

https://www.focusfeatures.com/last-night-in-soho

T.Rex

WALKonBack

« Reply #879 on: May 27, 2021, 05:26:47 pm »
Aliens of the Dead . . . I mean Army of the Dead.  WTF.  Really.  That much stolen from the Cameron masterpiece.  Too much story, too much  dialogue, too much not getting right to killing a fuck load of gruesome zombies.  Not even the zombie animals could save it.  The ending was shite too.

Game over man, game over.

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #880 on: May 27, 2021, 05:56:20 pm »
My first exposure to The Sparks was that truly forgettable movie Rollercoaster (1977) and I was a bit creeped out by their image.  Never really got it to them, but their cult following is strong and I can take them in small doses now.  And honestly the FFS project resonates more with with me than straight up Sparks.

My first exposure to Sparks was the dance scene in Rad (1986) where Bart Taylor and the Reynolds twins strut their stuff to Music You Can Dance To before Cru Jones and convict Lori Loughlin bicycle boogie to Real Life's Send Me An Angel.

« Reply #881 on: June 03, 2021, 12:51:22 pm »
This looks good
Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain
(Goes a thousand miles an hour)
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #882 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:25 pm »
Going to see the new Conjuring movie tomorrow.  Hope it is good!!  Watched the first Insidious movie last night.  FUCK, that is a great film!!  That ending!  I am felling fully, possessed.

« Reply #883 on: June 03, 2021, 01:59:54 pm »
was curious (but don't really like the genre), but this fact jumped out at me...especially since I never heard of it
Insidious was one of the most profitable films of 2011
a total of $97 million worldwide.
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #884 on: June 03, 2021, 08:00:24 pm »
Going to see the new Conjuring movie tomorrow.  Hope it is good!!  Watched the first Insidious movie last night.  FUCK, that is a great film!!  That ending!  I am felling fully, possessed.

I'm just now starting it...