Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258320 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #885 on: June 03, 2021, 10:26:32 pm »
Shit. Now I'm possessed too. Please do not watch this movie. The last thing we need is a whole board of possessed people.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #886 on: June 03, 2021, 10:26:58 pm »
Or do we?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #887 on: June 03, 2021, 10:38:37 pm »
The last thing we need is a whole board of possessed people.
How the hell would you know what we do or do not need? You’re getting awful big for your britches.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #888 on: June 04, 2021, 07:23:09 am »
Or do we?

I did allow for other possibilities. I mean, if you're gonn...grbh... grrrgh... ARRRGRRRUHH

« Reply #889 on: June 04, 2021, 07:44:55 am »
if you're gonn...grbh... grrrgh... ARRRGRRRUHH
are these the tell-tale signs of demonic possession?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #890 on: June 04, 2021, 10:29:50 am »
Since my daughter kept referring to it as a movie prior to watching it, I'll drop it in this thread

The new Bo Burnham special on Netflix is really good

WALKonBack

« Reply #891 on: June 28, 2021, 06:35:50 pm »
About to consume Blade Runner 2049, in the theatre!  Watched Blade Runner, The Final Cut last night, in preparation.

God, I love being able to return to the, theater.

Space Freely

« Reply #892 on: July 20, 2021, 03:33:15 pm »
"Nobody," streaming in Prime.

I love Bob Odenkirk and plan on watching this movie at some point, but I want to say that I would pay money to see 9:30 Forum Hutch play this role.

Summary: When two thieves break into his suburban home one night, Hutch (Bob Odenkirk) declines to defend himself or his family, hoping to prevent serious violence. His teenage son, Blake (Gage Munroe), is disappointed in him and his wife, Becca (Connie Nielsen), seems to pull only further away. The aftermath of the incident strikes a match to Hutch’s long-simmering rage, triggering dormant instincts and propelling him on a brutal path that will surface dark secrets and lethal skills. In a barrage of fists, gunfire and squealing tires, Hutch must save his family from a dangerous adversary (Aleksey Serebryakov)—and ensure that he will never be underestimated as a nobody again.

I'm not usually a fan of films with lots of violence, but this one was thoroughly entertaining.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #893 on: July 20, 2021, 06:18:19 pm »
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #894 on: August 16, 2021, 10:11:14 am »
add to the chorus of Summer of Soul being a must see, it's amazing and the highlight is probably Nina Simone's appearance..

one interesting tidbit was the very end after the credits, Stevie Wonder is seen with a member of his band and i was thinking he looks familiar... someone did the research and it turns it was Gene Key who was his musical director at the time... Gene was a friend of my parents and a well respected arranger.
T.Rex

Bagley

« Reply #895 on: August 16, 2021, 10:47:03 am »
add to the chorus of Summer of Soul being a must see, it's amazing and the highlight is probably Nina Simone's appearance..

one interesting tidbit was the very end after the credits, Stevie Wonder is seen with a member of his band and i was thinking he looks familiar... someone did the research and it turns it was Gene Key who was his musical director at the time... Gene was a friend of my parents and a well respected arranger.

Cool seeing Stevie behind the drum kit

« Reply #896 on: August 16, 2021, 10:58:28 am »

Cool seeing Stevie behind the drum kit
One of my favorite scenes
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #897 on: August 16, 2021, 11:02:20 am »

You buried the lede: everyone on the board is now three degrees of separation from Stevie Wonder.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #898 on: August 16, 2021, 11:12:42 am »

You buried the lede: everyone on the board is now three degrees of separation from Stevie Wonder.
Speak for yourself.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #899 on: August 16, 2021, 11:56:24 am »

technically it's two degrees... as I've met Thomas "Beans" Bowels who was a Funk Brother playing Flute and Saxophone.  He is credited with doing a flute solo on Fingertips for an obscure album called "The Jazz Soul of Little Stevie Wonder".  That flute solo eventually became the Harmonic solo in a little ditty called Fingertips part 2...
T.Rex