Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10620825 times)

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #16875 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:25 am »
Agreed, though they'll announce alot more stuff.

Glad I went last year, the lineup was much better.

I love some of the idiotic comments on the Bumbershoot website. Here's a couple. Note to idiot: no way can you put on a music festival and only charge $5 for admission. Unless the Brindley Brothers and Exit Clox are your headliners.

It's also funny that someone who calls Sheryl Crow a "has been" and Modest Mouse a "one hit wonder" pines to see Alice in Chains (dude, Payne Staley is still dead) and Faith No More, and longs for the days of Third Eye Blind, David Lee Roth, and Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Homer217 said?
Remember the days of David Lee Roth, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Third Eye Blind?now we have bands that are has-beens Sheryl Crow overrated Perry and one hit wonders Modest Mouse. What about Alice and Chains, Queens of the Stoneage. The sad thing is even looking at the Coachella festival that lineup sucks too. You have to go to england to see any good festivals any more. Faith No More is reforming to play over there hopefully they have a us tour.

Melissa said?
also, earlier someone said, ?look at the cheap prices.. what a bargain.?
$26. a day is NOT a bargain.
I remember when Bumbershoot was a measly $5 a day, it was four days, for $15, you got the entire weekend, and each day had enough shows that whatever genre of music you were into you could still have a full day, AND you didn?t have to wait in line all day to see shows at smaller venues (I think waiting in line for 4 hours to attend a comedy stage is beyond ridiculous)?. Bumbershoot is losing it?s fun. I don?t even go for the music anymore, I just go for the art, because the music just isn?t worth it, and even the art isn?t what it used to be? I mean, am I the only one who misses the closing festivities? Those events (the parade, the bonfire) made Bumbershoot feel small, like a community, now it feels like a battle of the fittest.

Mostly crap.

The word is out! An early look at the 2009 Bumbershoot lineup has been unveiled including the artist roster below. If you haven?t picked up your ticket yet, what are you waiting for? An advance 3-day pass is only $80? Um, that?s $26.67 a day?and if you really wanted to boil it down, say you checked out 10 things a day (not tough to do!)? using our expert math skills, that comes out to just $2.67 per show. It?s a wonder you don?t spell ?bargain,? B-U-M-B-E-R-S-H-O-O-T.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:17:26 am by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer »

redsock

« Reply #16876 on: April 03, 2009, 09:38:02 am »
I love some of the idiotic comments on the Bumbershoot website. Here's a couple. Note to idiot: no way can you put on a music festival and only charge $5 for admission. Unless the Brindley Brothers and Exit Clox are your headliners.

It's also funny that someone who calls Sheryl Crow a "has been" and Modest Mouse a "one hit wonder" pines to see Alice in Chains (dude, Payne Staley is still dead) and Faith No More, and longs for the days of Third Eye Blind, David Lee Roth, and Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Dude, it is Exit Clov, and Layne Staley.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16877 on: April 03, 2009, 09:50:57 am »
Way to sleep on this, guys:

Korn
Starland Ballroom
Sayreville, NJ
Tue, 05/19/09

on sale today
‼‼?‼‼

Christine Moritz

« Reply #16878 on: April 03, 2009, 11:05:13 am »
has been been announced

Elbow
Tuesday, 8/4/09, 7:00PM EDT 

9:30 Club
Washington, DC, USA
Ooh, nice!!

walkonby

« Reply #16879 on: April 03, 2009, 11:21:30 am »
Way to sleep on this, guys:

Korn
Starland Ballroom
Sayreville, NJ
Tue, 05/19/09

on sale today

number one, it is korn
number two (and i mean number two) it is jersey.
we slept on nothing.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #16880 on: April 03, 2009, 11:38:37 am »
My point is ITS KORN

you slept.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #16881 on: April 03, 2009, 11:44:29 am »
1992 through 1999, yes we would of slept.
now they are sleeping . . . on a world of a scene that doesn't care.
the end.

eltee

« Reply #16882 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:58 pm »

Rhett, canya start your own thread regarding this festival? Or, the very least, keep the JA thread clog-free w/o posts from another msg. board. Thanks!

« Reply #16883 on: April 03, 2009, 12:41:44 pm »
If you can get azagli to start his own thread about Camp Bisco, I'll start my own thread about Bumbershoot.

Rhett, canya start your own thread regarding this festival? Or, the very least, keep the JA thread clog-free w/o posts from another msg. board. Thanks!

eltee

« Reply #16884 on: April 03, 2009, 12:52:53 pm »
Are we at the terrible 2's?  ;D

Sorry to single you out, but I didn't really notice azag's comments b/c they were direct to the festival. Everyone, myself included, is guilty of side-commenting in the JA thread. Just as of late, there has been more extensive junking up with posts that could be put into a new discussion thread.

Whatever, though, I'm not the monitor, I just want to see the announcements more easily and not miss them b/w the Bumbersweat poasts.

« Reply #16885 on: April 03, 2009, 12:58:48 pm »
Ok, I'll get things back on track...

Mother's Day Special!
featuring Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, Peggy Seeger, & Deborah Tannen "A Night of Song & Story"
Date: Saturday 5/9/2009
Time: 7:30 PM
Cost: $29.50
Birchmere

redsock

« Reply #16886 on: April 03, 2009, 01:24:40 pm »
Eh, I'd rather hear folks rant about bumbershoot...

Mother's Day Special!
featuring Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, Peggy Seeger, & Deborah Tannen "A Night of Song & Story"
Birchmere

walkonby

« Reply #16887 on: April 03, 2009, 01:32:24 pm »
Eh, I'd rather hear folks rant about bumbershoot...

Mother's Day Special!
Birchmere

but is the food as good?

« Reply #16888 on: April 03, 2009, 01:34:04 pm »
Is Peggy Seeger related to Bob Seeger?

bellenseb

« Reply #16889 on: April 03, 2009, 01:53:46 pm »
Wheat