Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10619980 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #17055 on: April 17, 2009, 04:28:45 pm »
rusty, do you want to see PJ harvey naked?
<sig>

mdh9857

« Reply #17056 on: April 17, 2009, 04:43:01 pm »
We can always count of mdh9857 for the heavy hitting concert announcements! First Demi Lavata, now this...

Beyonce
Verizon Center
June 24, 2009
Presale: April 20, 2009
On Sale: April 25, 2009

I just post whatever I find out about in the area.  Just because the majority of people on the board don't care about certain shows does not mean the same for everyone.  I've posted enough shows that I could care less about for people here.

Out of curiosity, how do you find out about the shows you post, given that most of them aren't posted anywhere else...

Mostly Live Daily or Pollstar.  Usually I just come across them on band pages or news sites.  I don't really know to be honest, nothing special though.

By the way, Beyonce's prices are $20-$125.  She said that every venue she plays will have 2,000 tickets at $20.  That's a pretty good deal.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #17057 on: April 17, 2009, 04:55:53 pm »
DC9 4/22:

Tesco Vee and the legendary Meatmen
American Speedway
the Electricutions
Copstabber

As much as I want to see The Meatmen again...4 bands on a Wednesday?  Ugh.

Sage 703

« Reply #17058 on: April 17, 2009, 05:05:35 pm »

Mostly Live Daily or Pollstar.  Usually I just come across them on band pages or news sites.  I don't really know to be honest, nothing special though.

Nice - I didn't know about Live Daily.  Good tip.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #17059 on: April 18, 2009, 07:41:17 am »
Does anyone have a clue as to when the Flaming Lips set will be on the Mall on Sunday?  What time has this festival ended in past years? 

My parents are visiting that day and I would be able to drag them to the show for an hour or two, but they are not going to have the stamina to hang out for a long time.  I would hate to time it wrong and end up having to sit through moe instead.

Chulahoma

« Reply #17060 on: April 18, 2009, 08:59:24 am »
Does anyone have a clue as to when the Flaming Lips set will be on the Mall on Sunday?  What time has this festival ended in past years? 

My parents are visiting that day and I would be able to drag them to the show for an hour or two, but they are not going to have the stamina to hang out for a long time.  I would hate to time it wrong and end up having to sit through moe instead.

6pm

wml7

walkonby

« Reply #17062 on: April 18, 2009, 09:59:40 am »

here's an idea.  go for the fact that it's a earth day celebration.  you know that thing we live on called a planet that we are destroying.  go learn something useful about how you can make a difference.  the music is just a bonus, not the sole reason to show up.

wml7

« Reply #17063 on: April 18, 2009, 10:04:08 am »

here's an idea.  go for the fact that it's a earth day celebration.  you know that thing we live on called a planet that we are destroying.  go learn something useful about how you can make a difference.  the music is just a bonus, not the sole reason to show up.

I'm going to make sure I leave on all my lights, my tv, leave the water running, and my car idiling before I go to this.

walkonby

« Reply #17064 on: April 18, 2009, 10:08:07 am »
you're so snarky . . . it's killing the atmosphere.  ;D

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #17065 on: April 19, 2009, 07:35:52 pm »

6pm

Where did you find that out? I should have checked the forum, I passed on today because I didn't want to show up at 12 and have to wait six hours to see them play, or show up later and miss them. Am eager to hear how it went.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #17066 on: April 19, 2009, 07:36:37 pm »

I hope you're kidding.

andyrichter

« Reply #17067 on: April 19, 2009, 10:41:32 pm »
Thursday 06.25.09
Pansy Division, Static Jacks @ Velvet Lounge
Doors 7:30pm/Show 9pm/18+!/$10

Smylie

« Reply #17068 on: April 20, 2009, 06:18:16 am »

6pm

Where did you find that out? I should have checked the forum, I passed on today because I didn't want to show up at 12 and have to wait six hours to see them play, or show up later and miss them. Am eager to hear how it went.

Race For the Prize
Lightning Strikes the Postman
Borderline(Madonna cover)
Fight Test
Pompeii Am Gotterdammerung
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
The WAND
She Don't Use Jelly
Do You Realize??

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17069 on: April 20, 2009, 09:42:11 am »