Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10608386 times)

Bags

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #17850 on: July 09, 2009, 11:29:07 am »
I went directly to Ticketmaster, and at 10 a.m. the site went live for tickets with the password from the SP website.  I did notice that the link on the SP website never went live,  but I assumed it would a TM link.

Sep 25 - Washington DC, Constitution Hall  - Pre sale begins Thursday 9th July at 10am EDT

How did u get in Bags?

Bags

« Reply #17851 on: July 09, 2009, 11:30:43 am »
You did better than I -- I pulled section F or some crap initially, near the back.  A few tries later I got Orch EE.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I pulled Orch AA and thought it was front row until I checked the seating chart. The best I could get was Orch N.

mdh9857

« Reply #17852 on: July 09, 2009, 03:45:21 pm »
Pearl Jam
October 28 and October 30
The Spectrum
Philly, PA

Dolores O'Riordan
9:30 Club
9/26/2009

MonkeyPants

« Reply #17853 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:52 pm »
oooo good stuff at RnR (supposedly)

Noisettes :)
August 12th - $10!

3rd Year Anniversary Party with "SURPRISE SPECIAL GUEST (believe us, it's super special!)"
August 14th - also $10 :)
Other good local stuff listed for their 3rd Anniversary Weekend

Did anyone mention Throw Me The Statute on Sept 4th?
I know Sunshine mentioned AA Bondy :)
PANTS

azaghal1981

« Reply #17854 on: July 09, 2009, 11:32:01 pm »
The National:
Sat Sept 26 - BUJU BANTON
Thu Oct 8 - CLUTCH

Buju Banton at the club would be a sweet nostalgia trip.
احمد

jd930

« Reply #17855 on: July 10, 2009, 11:35:12 am »
I was wondering what happened with this. Thanks for the update. I'm glad I didn't bother with it.

Wanna know how this played out?

It was put on by a bunch of kids who bit off way more than they could chew. They misrepresented this festival as a bunch of art installations with a little bit of music on the side while they acquired the permits; needless to say, the shit hit the fan. They were shut down on the second day of the festival after neighbors complained and everyone who attended was kicked out by police who raided the site. Artists still remain unpaid and patrons most likely will not see refunds. The promoters are putting forth a joke of an attempt at a suit against Frederick County (hah!) at which a judge will undoubtedly laugh hysterically as he/she throws both the kids and the suit out of his/her courtroom.

Their "official statement" is good for a laugh or seven.

RE: that private farm show:
Summer Solstice PROJEKT Arts Festival JUNE 18-21 in Harmony, MD

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17856 on: July 10, 2009, 03:07:25 pm »
Fiery Furnaces/White Rabbits (co-headline)
@ The National
Sun 8/16 ($15)

Citizen Cope
@ The National
Sat 10/10
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:10:28 pm by Julian, Certified WEBLEBRITY »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17857 on: July 10, 2009, 03:37:10 pm »
if you wanna hear some shpongle, go to the sonar show tonight.  simon spins a shpongle set (on the upbeat/dancey side) after the younger brother set. 

saw the show in NYC last night, excellent stuff.  i should write up a full review, but won't have time until tonight or tomorrow...

I was wondering what happened with this. Thanks for the update. I'm glad I didn't bother with it.

Wanna know how this played out?

It was put on by a bunch of kids who bit off way more than they could chew. They misrepresented this festival as a bunch of art installations with a little bit of music on the side while they acquired the permits; needless to say, the shit hit the fan. They were shut down on the second day of the festival after neighbors complained and everyone who attended was kicked out by police who raided the site. Artists still remain unpaid and patrons most likely will not see refunds. The promoters are putting forth a joke of an attempt at a suit against Frederick County (hah!) at which a judge will undoubtedly laugh hysterically as he/she throws both the kids and the suit out of his/her courtroom.

Their "official statement" is good for a laugh or seven.

RE: that private farm show:
Summer Solstice PROJEKT Arts Festival JUNE 18-21 in Harmony, MD

<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #17858 on: July 11, 2009, 12:13:47 am »
Grizzly Bear/Beach House:
10-06 Norfolk, VA - The NorVA
10-07 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17859 on: July 11, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
isn't this like his third time at the club in a year?

Deadmau5
Nov 23
9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.

funny: the average person who is interested in this show doesn't have anywhere near the attention span required to do anything with this information :P
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #17860 on: July 11, 2009, 12:43:01 pm »
Ixkpd-bk and I caught about 15 minutes of his last set there. Everything about that show was repulsive from his subpar djing to his selections to the douchy crowd to the thick dank odor (smelled like a mixture of ass and hair jell) coming out of the main room once those doors were swung open.

احمد

slappy

« Reply #17861 on: July 11, 2009, 03:30:24 pm »
isn't this like his third time at the club in a year?

Deadmau5
Nov 23
9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.

funny: the average person who is interested in this show doesn't have anywhere near the attention span required to do anything with this information :P
I think you answered your own question. People that go to hear him don't have the attention span to remember. ... wait ... what we talking about?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17862 on: July 13, 2009, 10:43:14 am »
from Spin.com

Alt-rock kingpins the Pixies will make their live return to the U.S. this fall!

Frontman Frank Black tells SPIN.com that the Boston-born quartet will celebrate the 20th anniversary of their groundbreaking release, Doolittle, by playing the album in its entirety in Oakland, Los Angeles, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, New York City, and "maybe Montreal" this fall.

"I believe we're doing the Wang Center in Boston," he says of his hometown gig at the 3,600-capacity venue.

Exact dates have yet to be confirmed. The U.S. tour is expected to follow a run of Doolittle shows in Europe scheduled for October.

(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #17863 on: July 13, 2009, 11:07:17 am »
Obligatory prayer that this show is not booked for DAR.

walkonby

« Reply #17864 on: July 13, 2009, 11:25:14 am »
Obligatory prayer that this show is not booked for DAR.

velvet lounge . . . just for a thousand made up loves.