Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10656077 times)

MonkeyPants

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #20925 on: July 22, 2010, 01:23:45 pm »
Basia Bulat
9.26.10 @ DC9
PANTS

mdh9857

« Reply #20926 on: July 22, 2010, 01:50:47 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

Montreal a few days earlier.  Those are the only 2 North American dates announced right now, although they say it will be around 20 dates, so I would bet DC is included.

wml7

« Reply #20927 on: July 22, 2010, 02:26:50 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

Montreal a few days earlier.  Those are the only 2 North American dates announced right now, although they say it will be around 20 dates, so I would bet DC is included.

I call Patriot or Verizon  ;D

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #20928 on: July 22, 2010, 04:02:53 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

Which of the myriad of Gorillaz "guests" are touring with them?  I assume Lou Reed and Snoop Dogg may show up for the NYC and L.A. shows respectively but that's it.   Will Mick Jones and Paul Simonon be putting on their sailor outfits for these shows?

Brian

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20929 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:13 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

They'd never get Verizon, Patriot for sure though. They could get Verizon is Lady Gaga was their special guest. And Katy Perry. And Kesha.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #20930 on: July 22, 2010, 05:06:48 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

That would be one empty Verizon Center.

I wonder if it's the smaller stage connected to MSG??

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #20931 on: July 22, 2010, 05:11:39 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

See, that's what I don't get. The Gorillaz headlined Coachella and Glastonbury (albiet as a replacement to U2) but are they really that popular? I always figured them to be a band that would sell like 3,000 seats. I'm guessing I'm completely wrong.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20932 on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:44 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

See, that's what I don't get. The Gorillaz headlined Coachella and Glastonbury (albiet as a replacement to U2) but are they really that popular? I always figured them to be a band that would sell like 3,000 seats. I'm guessing I'm completely wrong.
The people who go to those festivals aren't the people who would shovel out the money to see them play at the Verizon Center, just the sheer amount wouldn't fill 1/2 of the place
‼‼?‼‼

Vas Deferens

« Reply #20933 on: July 22, 2010, 05:20:42 pm »
for killsaly and Jaguar:

THE FLYING EYES, SCREEN VINYL IMAGE, THRUSHES, THE VANDELLES
Ottobar
9/18
(_|_)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #20934 on: July 22, 2010, 05:35:17 pm »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

The people who go to those festivals aren't the people who would shovel out the money to see them play at the Verizon Center, just the sheer amount wouldn't fill 1/2 of the place

As long as they keep ticket prices relatively cheap I think they'll do pretty well.  I remember seeing them at the Electric Factory in Philly when they were PLAYING BEHIND A SCREEN and it still was pretty cool multi-media experience.  "Plastic Beach" is a pretty acclaimed album...half of the Clash will be probably be playing...REALLY cool cartoons/visuals...and a pretty-wide fan base (I know a couple of hardcore hip-hop fans who like them) means the tour should do pretty well.  They're like Madonna, though.  A show like that only really works on a big stage.  "Feel Good, Inc." and "Clint Eastwood" were pretty big singles.  I'd think more people would go to see Gorillaz than, say, M.I.A.

Brian

killsaly

« Reply #20935 on: July 22, 2010, 05:38:56 pm »
for killsaly and Jaguar:

THE FLYING EYES, SCREEN VINYL IMAGE, THRUSHES, THE VANDELLES
Ottobar
9/18
Sweet, Im definitely there. 

DotTheEyes

« Reply #20936 on: July 22, 2010, 08:44:10 pm »
GORILLAZ   ;D

So everyone assumes they would play the Patriot Center?  Not DAR?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20937 on: July 23, 2010, 09:15:46 am »
Gorillaz
Madison Square Garden
10/8/2010

As long as they keep ticket prices relatively cheap I think they'll do pretty well.  I remember seeing them at the Electric Factory in Philly when they were PLAYING BEHIND A SCREEN and it still was pretty cool multi-media experience.  "Plastic Beach" is a pretty acclaimed album...half of the Clash will be probably be playing...REALLY cool cartoons/visuals...and a pretty-wide fan base (I know a couple of hardcore hip-hop fans who like them) means the tour should do pretty well.  They're like Madonna, though.  A show like that only really works on a big stage.  "Feel Good, Inc." and "Clint Eastwood" were pretty big singles.  I'd think more people would go to see Gorillaz than, say, M.I.A.

Brian
I feel like you're overestimating the general public. Outside of Feel Good Inc. and possibly Clint Eastwood, I'd say most of the general public doesn't even know that the Gorillaz have released another album.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20938 on: July 23, 2010, 03:10:16 pm »
drumroll, please:

Jónsi
930 Club
8 November

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<sig>

TheREALHunter