Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10678691 times)

James Ford

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #26775 on: June 14, 2012, 12:46:51 pm »
Sounds like you need to put the mother in law to work on the child care front.

Is someone in Columbia who has never heard of John Mayer or Dave Matthews similiarly living under a rock?

oh pardon me.. I must have missed the "I'm so embarrassed I don't know who Juanes is.." bit.

And, yeah, if you've never heard of Juanes you're living under a rock but then again this is the same crowd who gets up in arms if someone even suggests the 930 book more (read ANY) Latin rock acts so why should I be surprised...

anyways my apologies to walkie if I misread his post which it seems i did.. I'm operating on short sleep here with a sick two year old, a mother in law in the house, and a two week old baby.. and more family than you can shake a stick at arriving later today.

hutch

« Reply #26776 on: June 14, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »

Is someone in Columbia who has never heard of John Mayer or Dave Matthews similiarly living under a rock?

oh pardon me.. I must have missed the "I'm so embarrassed I don't know who Juanes is.." bit.

And, yeah, if you've never heard of Juanes you're living under a rock but then again this is the same crowd who gets up in arms if someone even suggests the 930 book more (read ANY) Latin rock acts so why should I be surprised...

anyways my apologies to walkie if I misread his post which it seems i did.. I'm operating on short sleep here with a sick two year old, a mother in law in the house, and a two week old baby.. and more family than you can shake a stick at arriving later today.

yes, she]s downstairs resting... she bakes..that is her thing.. and it is appreciated

anyways, note i edited my original post. i'll leave it here.

hutch

« Reply #26777 on: June 14, 2012, 01:05:25 pm »
oh, and I know you misspelled Colombia on purpose!  ;D

nkotb

« Reply #26778 on: June 14, 2012, 01:05:45 pm »
Like Columbia, MD, or Colombia, Colombia?

;D

K8teebug

« Reply #26779 on: June 14, 2012, 02:35:13 pm »
Byrne played the Warner about 3 years ago I want to say... after that he played Wolftrap...

I saw him at Club Charles about 10 years ago.  it was awesome. 

K8teebug

« Reply #26780 on: June 14, 2012, 02:37:48 pm »
Juanes
Warner
7/26/2012
$62.50-170.50 (After Fees)

i'm so "american minded" . . . looked up this guy, apparently he is fucking huge and has won multiple latin grammy awards, sold millions of albums, women throw themselves at him, can charge $170 to play at warner.  and i have no fucking clue who he is or have never heard his name once mentioned in music.

He played the Walmart shareholders meeting last week.  My friend said everyone went nuts.  I had to look him up too.  Guess I'll go back under my rock in Columbia....

I don't know what this stupid "say something" or whatever song is either that everyone seems to know right now.  "call me maybe"....that's what it is.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26781 on: June 14, 2012, 04:00:40 pm »
nine thirty forum =  cheap therapy

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #26782 on: June 14, 2012, 04:40:53 pm »
Juanes
Warner
7/26/2012
$62.50-170.50 (After Fees)

i'm so "american minded" . . . looked up this guy, apparently he is fucking huge and has won multiple latin grammy awards, sold millions of albums, women throw themselves at him, can charge $170 to play at warner.  and i have no fucking clue who he is or have never heard his name once mentioned in music.

He played the Walmart shareholders meeting last week.  My friend said everyone went nuts.  I had to look him up too.  Guess I'll go back under my rock in Columbia....

I don't know what this stupid "say something" or whatever song is either that everyone seems to know right now.  "call me maybe"....that's what it is.

Gah, now I have Juanes going through my mind. Hispanic women fucking LOVE him. I don't know a single hispanic woman who doesn't love that guy.
‼‼?‼‼

RustyOrgan

« Reply #26783 on: June 14, 2012, 05:20:05 pm »
This guy sucks!

David Byrne
Warner
9/30

wml7

« Reply #26784 on: June 14, 2012, 05:50:40 pm »
Like Juanes Addiction
 ;D

nkotb

« Reply #26785 on: June 14, 2012, 09:17:24 pm »
Not knowing this song offended me to much I almost reported this to the Moderators out of principle. 

slappy

« Reply #26786 on: June 15, 2012, 11:53:14 am »
Like Juanes Addiction
 ;D
^ That made me  ;D

nine thirty forum = cheap comedy

slappy

« Reply #26787 on: June 15, 2012, 12:09:03 pm »

I don't know about Colombia, but I was in Curaçao a couple years ago and the radio was mega hyping Air Supply playing a gig.
"Próximamente en el centro de eventos, AIR SUPPLY, Air Supply, air supply..."
Latinos know their douche rock.

ggw

« Reply #26788 on: June 15, 2012, 06:05:26 pm »
Was this juanes guy in menudo?

wml7

« Reply #26789 on: June 15, 2012, 06:08:42 pm »
Was this juanes guy in menudo?

He's one of the guys from Los Del Rio
 ;D