Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10653720 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #28515 on: January 28, 2013, 05:48:50 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

Youenjoy

« Reply #28516 on: January 28, 2013, 05:54:04 pm »
Anyone have an extra ticket for Ty?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28517 on: January 28, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »
Whatever dude.... Bottom line if the music doesn't stir my soul, why should I force myself to like it.  It has nothing to with how popular it is.   

No one else told you had to like popular music.  But the fact that you like shitty bands that no one else likes and you then go on about other acts that actually have talent and are popular it gets pretty old.  I saw Graham Parker in this is 40 and I just knew you would like him. You know why? He is incredibly boring and his music lacks any imagination.  Geez get over yourself already.  You like bad music.  Ok so what.  THe db's? They are one of the least talented bands i have managed to see in the last 35 years.  And it is not only that they aren't talented they are not even trying to do anything original.

But you like them and more power to you for it.  Not everyone has good taste in music and I wouldn't knock you for it.  You know to each his own. But the arrogance that goes along with your bad taste is what gets me.  How you think you are superior for liking boring music.  People who aren't even trying very hard to make good music.  

The hypocrisy in this post is mind boggling.

best/worst poster here

vansmack

« Reply #28518 on: January 28, 2013, 06:04:05 pm »
As I have all my life, I let the teenage girls tell me what's good and what's not.  You all should try it.

Hit me up on snapchat!
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #28519 on: January 28, 2013, 07:12:57 pm »

i just love those internet picture things with words that make people laugh and think all silly like.   

stevewizzle

« Reply #28520 on: January 28, 2013, 08:20:02 pm »
OK, well, for those who want to debate the Lumineers' history of concerts in this area over the last ~18 months:

10/23/11 - Jammin' Java (opening for Hey Marseilles)
4/22/12 - Jammin' Java (headliner) - sold out
6/28/12 - Wolf Trap (opening for Brandi Carlile & Josh Ritter)
7/1/12 - Rams Head Live (headliner)
12/18/12 - 1st Mariner Arena (opening for Dave Matthews Band)

They didn't exactly just jump from headlinging JJ to DAR/Merriweather; they've been touring pretty consistently over the past year-plus, both headlining shows and opening for other bands.  I agree that they'll probably be a bit of a flash-in-the-pan, but they have been getting out there and touring quite a bit and getting in front of other bands' audiences.

Also, in the summer of last year, "the lumineers" was one of the most common search phrases that landed people on ShowlistDC. (which is one reason I got to that Brandi Carlile show early enough to see them; I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.)  So I wouldn't say that they just blew up over the last few weeks.

they opened for old crow medicine show at the club as well.

stevewizzle

« Reply #28521 on: January 28, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »
Anyone have an extra ticket for Ty?

POTY

stevewizzle

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:48:56 pm by stevewizzle »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #28523 on: January 28, 2013, 09:39:58 pm »
You guys are pathetic.  You have turned into the old guys who say "Things were better in my day".   I really feel sorry for you.   If you don't like a band don't see them.  Stop going on like little bitches about it all the time.  I mean it would be one thing if you were into artsy music or something but most of you guys like the shitiest music out there.   I bet a bunch of you even like Elvis Costello for god's sake.   you know if you were listening to ponytail, xiu xiu and coco rosie I would appreciate your opinion.  But you don't even like Beach House for god's sake. 

You guys are music snobs who like shitty music.  You are like beer snobs who only drink nattie boh and pabst.  Guess what? Music can't be quantified as to which one is better.  You go to your shows filled with a bunch of old geeky guys and tell yourself how great the bands are when most of them don't even know how to play their instruments any more.  I will go see the talented bands that people actually like because they enjoy listening to the band's music. 

You hate bands that are popular quickly because you hate the popular kids. 

The Reader's Digest version of this post...  If you don't like the same music as I do, you listen to shitty music and your opinion does not count.
FUKIT

mdh9857

« Reply #28524 on: January 28, 2013, 10:05:51 pm »
OK, well, for those who want to debate the Lumineers' history of concerts in this area over the last ~18 months:

10/23/11 - Jammin' Java (opening for Hey Marseilles)
4/22/12 - Jammin' Java (headliner) - sold out
6/28/12 - Wolf Trap (opening for Brandi Carlile & Josh Ritter)
7/1/12 - Rams Head Live (headliner)
12/18/12 - 1st Mariner Arena (opening for Dave Matthews Band)

They didn't exactly just jump from headlinging JJ to DAR/Merriweather; they've been touring pretty consistently over the past year-plus, both headlining shows and opening for other bands.  I agree that they'll probably be a bit of a flash-in-the-pan, but they have been getting out there and touring quite a bit and getting in front of other bands' audiences.

Also, in the summer of last year, "the lumineers" was one of the most common search phrases that landed people on ShowlistDC. (which is one reason I got to that Brandi Carlile show early enough to see them; I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.)  So I wouldn't say that they just blew up over the last few weeks.

Don't forget they are coming to DAR on 1/30/2013 for $44.45 after fees and it's been Sold Out for a while.

atomicfront

« Reply #28525 on: January 28, 2013, 10:57:25 pm »
You guys are pathetic.  You have turned into the old guys who say "Things were better in my day".   I really feel sorry for you.   If you don't like a band don't see them.  Stop going on like little bitches about it all the time.  I mean it would be one thing if you were into artsy music or something but most of you guys like the shitiest music out there.   I bet a bunch of you even like Elvis Costello for god's sake.   you know if you were listening to ponytail, xiu xiu and coco rosie I would appreciate your opinion.  But you don't even like Beach House for god's sake. 

You guys are music snobs who like shitty music.  You are like beer snobs who only drink nattie boh and pabst.  Guess what? Music can't be quantified as to which one is better.  You go to your shows filled with a bunch of old geeky guys and tell yourself how great the bands are when most of them don't even know how to play their instruments any more.  I will go see the talented bands that people actually like because they enjoy listening to the band's music. 

You hate bands that are popular quickly because you hate the popular kids. 

The Reader's Digest version of this post...  If you don't like the same music as I do, you listen to shitty music and your opinion does not count.

actually that is their opinion.  I don't come on here with a million posts about how ty segall sucks.  or nick cave sucks.   Actually I haven't even had one post on the subject.    I also like how they are experts on who has one hit.  I didn't even know the Lumineers had hits. I don't listen to the radio too often so I don't know what is popular and what is not popular.  I am guessing they listen to the radio so they can figure out who not to like.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:59:02 pm by atomicfront »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #28526 on: January 29, 2013, 07:33:04 am »

Sounds amazingly irrational and illogical to "if you commit a misdemeanor computer crime it's like I broke into every house on the block just to watch a little TV at each place. The point is I broke in...."

Idiot.

James Ford

« Reply #28527 on: January 29, 2013, 08:51:39 am »
I think it's funny that two 50 year old men are seriously arguing over contemporary pop music. You can tell that neither of them have children.

Whatever dude.... Bottom line if the music doesn't stir my soul, why should I force myself to like it.  It has nothing to with how popular it is.   

No one else told you had to like popular music.  But the fact that you like shitty bands that no one else likes and you then go on about other acts that actually have talent and are popular it gets pretty old.  I saw Graham Parker in this is 40 and I just knew you would like him. You know why? He is incredibly boring and his music lacks any imagination.  Geez get over yourself already.  You like bad music.  Ok so what.  THe db's? They are one of the least talented bands i have managed to see in the last 35 years.  And it is not only that they aren't talented they are not even trying to do anything original.

But you like them and more power to you for it.  Not everyone has good taste in music and I wouldn't knock you for it.  You know to each his own. But the arrogance that goes along with your bad taste is what gets me.  How you think you are superior for liking boring music.  People who aren't even trying very hard to make good music.  

The hypocrisy in this post is mind boggling.

best/worst poster here

Relaxer

« Reply #28528 on: January 29, 2013, 10:17:47 am »
I would argue long and hard about Carly Rae Jepsen but I just assume everyone already knows how brilliant she is.
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #28529 on: January 29, 2013, 11:02:24 am »
wavves/fidler
RNR hotel
4/13
(_|_)