Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10642367 times)

Yada

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #34050 on: December 01, 2014, 05:20:34 pm »

unfortunately at a Cracker show in 1992 or so Ardamus made the great mistake of playing some Dave Matthews Band (a local favorite who used to play there wednesday nights for $5) and Julian wigged out...
A girlfriend of mine in early 90's tended bar at the floodzone and would work on Wed nights.  She'd beg me to come to work with her.  Even with the promise of all the free booze I could hold it was always...."sorry honey, maybe next week."

yeah....wednesday's at Flood Zone was THE party for the fratfucks from U of R.... I can't picture you there...

by the way reading the article in Rolling Stone about the UVA gangrapes etc I was struck by how much it resembled the U of R I went too.... I always thought UVA was different...

My guess is the only difference is more rich white kids at UVA than at U of R.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #34051 on: December 01, 2014, 05:24:27 pm »
IDK about that. UVA is an extremely cost-effective public option in-state. UofR is like $35k (and private, obviously) and is basically known as a school for people who's parents saved up for them to go to an Ivy, but they're solid C+ students.

You probably have more top-level familial wealth at UVA, but median family income between the two? I'd take UofR easily.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #34052 on: December 01, 2014, 06:17:31 pm »
IDK about that. UVA is an extremely cost-effective public option in-state. UofR is like $35k (and private, obviously) and is basically known as a school for people who's parents saved up for them to go to an Ivy, but they're solid C+ students.

You probably have more top-level familial wealth at UVA, but median family income between the two? I'd take UofR easily.

You mean the University of New Jersey at Richmond or does that name predate you! :)
FUKIT

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #34053 on: December 01, 2014, 06:32:46 pm »

You mean the University of New Jersey at Richmond or does that name predate you! :)
Predates me moving here but spot on.
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #34054 on: December 01, 2014, 07:02:20 pm »
Cmon

22 Apr
Marian McLaughlin (Artist-In-Residence)
Strathmore 

hutch

« Reply #34055 on: December 01, 2014, 07:25:07 pm »

That is the one!

:)

hutch

« Reply #34056 on: December 01, 2014, 07:27:59 pm »
UofR is like $35k (and private, obviously) and is basically known as a school for people who's parents saved up for them to go to an Ivy, but they're solid C+ students.

in any case I went there on a full ride including room and board and travel stipend so I could care less...

but UVA is not a place I'd be excited about sending my kids to based on what I'm reading...its just like UR....

at least UR abolished fraternities shortly after I left..

azaghal1981

« Reply #34057 on: December 01, 2014, 07:44:18 pm »
Cmon

22 Apr
Marian McLaughlin (Artist-In-Residence)
Strathmore 
Also 4/8

Also also Wednesday.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:46:46 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #34058 on: December 01, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »
Yeah that one was for you (and to get everyone to shut the fuck up about Virginia universities or whatever nonsense that took over this thread).

Friends Records Anniversary celebration just added:
Bliss
Chester Endersby Gwazda
METH DAD
Outer Spaces

Day breakdown and set time coming this week...

azaghal1981

« Reply #34059 on: December 01, 2014, 09:45:57 pm »
Daniel Bachman/Nathan Bowles
12/20
Red Onion

I was hoping Nathan would come through with Elisa Ambrogio but this will do.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #34060 on: December 01, 2014, 10:14:33 pm »
Red Onion? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

I would love to see some shows announced that, you know, cater to more than 15 people, and, you know, more than 30 people know who they are!

This is like the early DC hardcore scene...50 rich kids from Georgetown Day Prep. WTF?

hutch

« Reply #34061 on: December 01, 2014, 10:20:07 pm »
homeless dude with guitar and crap sounding amp
some corner of Georgetown/Dupont
any night of the week

azaghal1981

« Reply #34062 on: December 01, 2014, 10:44:11 pm »
Red Onion? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

I would love to see some shows announced that, you know, cater to more than 15 people, and, you know, more than 30 people know who they are!

This is like the early DC hardcore scene...50 rich kids from Georgetown Day Prep. WTF?
Daniel Bachman
Nathan Bowles

Red Onion
احمد

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #34063 on: December 01, 2014, 10:52:01 pm »
Daniel and Nathan are amazing musicians.  You might even like them. 

A lot of different types of shows are announced here. 

Lana del Rey at Jiffy Lube was just mentioned. Plus with all the Foo Fighters and AC/DC talk, we got the stadium rock covered. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:56:36 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

hutch

« Reply #34064 on: December 01, 2014, 11:39:13 pm »

I'm a vinyl hound...I did plenty of shopping there for years until I decided the owner Josh is a freak and stopped going there..

but I question posting these kind of things