Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10027001 times)

Kubacheck

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #38175 on: May 04, 2016, 04:08:16 pm »
Luna
Sept 29
The Birchmere

Space Freely

« Reply #38176 on: May 04, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »
Luna
Sept 29
The Birchmere

That one makes me a bit sad. They deserve better.

hutch

« Reply #38177 on: May 04, 2016, 04:29:54 pm »
Luna
Sept 29
The Birchmere

wonderful news! I thought the sound at Holy Holy was great... and the venue will really suit Britta's opening slot...

Yada

« Reply #38178 on: May 04, 2016, 04:33:39 pm »
Hmmm... I don't have a dog in the fight here, but didn't their last show at 930 sell out instantly?

hutch

« Reply #38179 on: May 04, 2016, 04:37:17 pm »
Hmmm... I don't have a dog in the fight here, but didn't their last show at 930 sell out instantly?

I think it sold out towards the end..

I don't really understand what Space Jam is trying to say... I mean is he saying he supports them and has been at their shows every time? Cause I have..

what is this "they deserve betterr" crap?

i mean pop bands of any kind struggle when their fanbases hit middle age etc.. its hard to get people to come out... if Luna is happy playing a few shows a year I'm happy , very happy, to go see them

the birchmere is not a tiny venue... .tthree of their last shows pre-breakup were at the black cat and did not ever sell out.. they lost a big chunk of their fanbase around 2001 or so.. they never recovered it.. it happens...

like i said, i do hope Space Jam has been supporting them otherwise his comment is typical concern trolling.. like any band Luna can use the support.

hutch

« Reply #38180 on: May 04, 2016, 04:52:40 pm »
I mean WTF is "they deserve better" supposed to mean? the Velvet Underground played most of their shows before a handful of people....

As a huge fan- and Luna was the number one reunion I wanted to see- I'm real happy I will have another chance to see them...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #38181 on: May 04, 2016, 05:02:04 pm »
Birchmere food is overpriced and mediocre
Sit down shows blow
Early door time sucks
First come first served seating sucks
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:14:56 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

Bagley

« Reply #38182 on: May 04, 2016, 05:15:40 pm »

Sit down shows blow

Agreed.  It's all Seth's fault.  He's got us spoiled rotten.

« Reply #38183 on: May 04, 2016, 05:23:02 pm »
although luna is kind of a sit down band...and I never get the food at Birchmere

I just don't like having to get there really early to get a good seat
We kinda lucked out at the Holy holy show...
but way in the back on stg left or right would suck IMO
I think the sound is pretty good there
slack

« Reply #38184 on: May 04, 2016, 05:24:31 pm »

Sit down shows blow

well he has booked the Lincoln with bands that really shouldn't be seated
but he really has us spoiled rotten

I keep seening all those cranes on the waterfront and hoping that will be a destination for good music in the future
slack

hutch

« Reply #38185 on: May 04, 2016, 05:37:41 pm »

I really think the Birchmere is a very good break...it could have very easily been no DC show.....a lot of people who went to the reunion shows aren't going to go back... Seth and IMP bookers  knew this which is why the 930 was never an option

hutch

« Reply #38186 on: May 04, 2016, 05:41:14 pm »
Birchmere food is overpriced and mediocre
Sit down shows blow
Early door time sucks
First come first served seating sucks

ok seeing how I have been to one show the past 10 years I guess this is all true...

I'm just happy they got booked  in DC...

I just have a sneaking feelin' that Space Jam hasn't exactly been frequenting Luna shows the past 15 years... but maybe he will correct me and if so I will apologize... and I really dislike someone who hasn't supported a band in years saying "they deserve better"... it really fuckin' rankles me..

there is a reason they are playing the birchmere.. and a reason they broke up... anybody who watches the Luna DVD movie Tell me do you miss me knows the fuckin' score here.k..

hutch

« Reply #38187 on: May 04, 2016, 05:42:55 pm »

Sit down shows blow

I keep seening all those cranes on the waterfront and hoping that will be a destination for good music in the future

Last thing this town needs is yet ANOTHER music venue.. for pete's sake do people not understand that all these venues competing for talent are resulting in rapidly increasing ticket prices??? or they simply have cover bands playing...

« Reply #38188 on: May 04, 2016, 05:52:27 pm »

Sit down shows blow

Last thing this town needs is yet ANOTHER music venue.. for pete's sake do people not understand that all these venues competing for talent are resulting in rapidly increasing ticket prices??? or they simply have cover bands playing...

well it's an IMP venue and the solution to booking bands at Echo or DAR is my understanding
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #38189 on: May 04, 2016, 07:01:39 pm »
I mean WTF is "they deserve better" supposed to mean? the Velvet Underground played most of their shows before a handful of people....

As a huge fan- and Luna was the number one reunion I wanted to see- I'm real happy I will have another chance to see them...

I will answer this in length when i have a chance but my daughter is demanding i read July Blume to her right now before i cook the family dinner...