Author Topic: Pogues tickets...  (Read 10112 times)

bikerchickdc

Re: Pogues tickets...
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 05:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:

What a grand idea for an all-girl goth/hip-hop outfit! [/b]
Yeah, I had that thought too!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2005, 05:42:00 pm »

Originally posted by MTB-Markie:
  Apparently the song is by Eazy- E.

Who are the white guys performing it that they play on DC 101, though? [/b]
Dynamite Hack, some defunct cover band
(o|o)

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2005, 05:50:00 pm »
Funny, when I click on the link, allmusic tells me "Welcome back, Peter"

Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Originally posted by MTB-Markie:
  Apparently the song is by Eazy- E.

Who are the white guys performing it that they play on DC 101, though? [/b]
Dynamite Hack, some defunct cover band [/b]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 05:50:00 pm »
the better white boy gangsta rap cover, though, is "gin and juice" by  the gourds (not phish, or barenaked ladies, or whoever other group the MP3s that many people had of this track were mistitled as)
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 05:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Etan de Balzac, Footie Ball Player:
  Funny, when I click on the link, allmusic tells me "Welcome back, Peter"

i guess that link includes some kind of sign-in info for me ... better take that down =)
(o|o)

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2005, 06:00:00 pm »
I'll second that. Excellent band, in spite of the fact that they are on GW Bush's ipod.

Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  the better white boy gangsta rap cover, though, is "gin and juice" by  the gourds (not phish, or barenaked ladies, or whoever other group the MP3s that many people had of this track were mistitled as)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2005, 06:35:00 pm »
show #2 coming

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2005, 06:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  show #2 coming
as one of the many who didn't get tix the 1st time around, lemme just say THANK YOU!   :)

Bags

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
  I don't see where it's bad karma to sell your concert tickets, if the money you will receive is good enough.
I think the karma comes in that you said in the other thread that you were specifically buying two additional tickets in order to scalp at a high price.  It's more directed than buying tickets to use then deciding to sell because the price has become so attractive.  That's the work of a professional scalper.  Not that there's any way to tell the difference from the outside, but as music fans, some of us think it's reflects a shitty heart.  And we're allowed to think that just as you're allowed to scalp those tickets.

Bags

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2005, 06:57:00 pm »
  I think you were limited to no more than four tickets per purchase for this show.
Nope, it was up to 8 or 10 (can't remember which, but I got 6 which was not the full amount I could buy).

Barcelona

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2005, 06:59:00 pm »
good, they deserve this recognition.

chokeychicken

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2005, 04:39:00 am »
whatever.  scalpers provide a service that the public yearns for, just like anything else you spend your money on.

muschi

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2005, 09:36:00 am »
i saw a pogues-like band at iota. seems as if you have some connection or make reference to something irish, however remote, and you sing like shit then you can play music like the pogues. tiresome. they're no eazy-e with such profoundly deep lyrics about pussies who hit women.    :roll:

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 10:18:00 am »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  whatever.  scalpers provide a service that the public yearns for
"The public" yearns for having tickets taken away from them at the regular price, and resold to them at many times higher the face value?  I don't think so.

A few losers make the choice to willingly get ripped off.  That doesn't mean they "yearn" for it.  I'm sure they'd pay face value if they could.
_\|/_

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
My plan was to buy two extra tickets and sell them for $150, thus cutting in half the cost of my own two tickets. I imagined that two tickets for $150 would be well worth it for some fan, particularly given how many rich people there are floating around this town. Obviously, there are many people willing to pay $75 for a concert ticket, whereas $25 is about my upper limit.

Originally posted by Bags:

I don't see where it's bad karma to sell your concert tickets, if the money you will receive is good enough.
I think the karma comes in that you said in the other thread that you were specifically buying two additional tickets in order to scalp at a high price.  It's more directed than buying tickets to use then deciding to sell because the price has become so attractive.  That's the work of a professional scalper.  Not that there's any way to tell the difference from the outside, but as music fans, some of us think it's reflects a shitty heart.  And we're allowed to think that just as you're allowed to scalp those tickets. [/b]