Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1757137 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5370 on: October 22, 2015, 12:22:19 pm »
They like to talk a big game but it's all image and no substance.

they got rail-roaded into playing ONE show at a non-public-transpo available venue, out of like 100+ shows on the tour.  they are indeed complete, unmitigated frauds.
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #5371 on: October 22, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »

they got rail-roaded into playing ONE show at a non-public-transpo available venue, out of like 100+ shows on the tour.  they are indeed complete, unmitigated frauds.

Whatevs....Look at the other dates on that tour.  Chula Vista, CA - no public transit.  Santa Barbara Bowl - no public transit.  Blossom Music Center - no public transit.  Verizon Center (Indianapolis - but really in Noblesville, IN) - no public transit.  See a trend here?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5372 on: October 22, 2015, 01:15:32 pm »

Whatevs....Look at the other dates on that tour.  Chula Vista, CA - no public transit.  Santa Barbara Bowl - no public transit.  Blossom Music Center - no public transit.  Verizon Center (Indianapolis - but really in Noblesville, IN) - no public transit.  See a trend here?

in fact i did look at the other dates on the tour.  you've cherry-picked 5 outta 66 (7.6% of venues).  perhaps you need a primer on what constitutes a trend.

someone tries to incorporate an ideal into their plan, can't be 100% successful, so the entire plan is null and void.  got it.
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #5373 on: October 22, 2015, 01:18:02 pm »
im, so glad I started this.

ggw

« Reply #5374 on: October 22, 2015, 01:36:01 pm »

in fact i did look at the other dates on the tour.  you've cherry-picked 5 outta 66 (7.6% of venues).  perhaps you need a primer on what constitutes a trend.

someone tries to incorporate an ideal into their plan, can't be 100% successful, so the entire plan is null and void.  got it.

Actually, I only looked at the 21 US dates and even then, only verified a handful.  Not sure about public transit for the Texas and southeast shows, but I bet a few of them are also suburban sheds without public transit access. 

I'm sorry that Thom Yorke is a false god.

vansmack

« Reply #5375 on: October 22, 2015, 01:43:10 pm »
If you go back to that Radiohead thread I dropped off before I left, we've gone through this public transportation, GMO Free venues, reclaimated water in the urinals, no corporate influence, sweatshop free merchandise that costs a little "extra" but is totally worth it conversation.

There are two camps: 

People that hate everything Radiohead does.
People who worship the ground they walk on.

It's still fun every time they tour or release an album though, because at least we all agree that all of their recent albums are pure garbage.  And by recent I mean everything after OK Computer.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5376 on: October 22, 2015, 01:53:19 pm »
Actually, I only looked at the 21 US dates and even then, only verified a handful.

well either you're exceptionally lucky, and just happened to pick the only five on the tour; or you're lying and hoped that you wouldn't be called out for cherry-picking.  

Not sure about public transit for the Texas and southeast shows, but I bet a few of them are also suburban sheds without public transit access. 

i was at both texas shows, both accessible by public transpo.  just google mapped the other southeast shows, all have public transo options.

I'm sorry that snark is my false god.

fixed that for you.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5377 on: October 22, 2015, 02:03:00 pm »
at least we all agree that all of their recent albums are pure garbage.  And by recent I mean everything after OK Computer.
What? I'll call Amnesiac and King Of Limbs mostly crap but Kid A and In Rainbows were really good, imo.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #5378 on: October 22, 2015, 02:04:38 pm »
I picked the California shows because you can't get anywhere without a car in California and I'd been to Deer Creek and Blossom.  Also, Charlotte mentions a municipal bus that goes "near" the venue.  Hardly a workable plan for getting several thousand people to a show.  And how did you get to the Houston show?  I can't find anything about public transit.  Lots of offers for private shuttles though.

« Reply #5379 on: October 22, 2015, 02:15:29 pm »
im, so glad I started this.
I know...Seth must love when we blather on and on in this thread about nothing related to 'hey seth'
slack

vansmack

« Reply #5380 on: October 22, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »
Not true.

Seth can fix all of this by offering another 930 Club show for boardies only.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #5381 on: October 22, 2015, 04:21:50 pm »
I picked the California shows because you can't get anywhere without a car in California

Sounds like you need to come for a visit.  There will be no need to sit in my Polluter TDI.
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #5382 on: October 22, 2015, 04:29:08 pm »

ggw

« Reply #5383 on: October 22, 2015, 05:23:53 pm »
I picked the California shows because you can't get anywhere without a car in California

Sounds like you need to come for a visit.  There will be no need to sit in my Polluter TDI.

In SF you can definitely get around on public transportation.  But in Chula Vista and Santa Barbara?

hutch

« Reply #5384 on: October 23, 2015, 04:14:14 pm »
Raffi please!!! he has a new album coming out.....

I think he'd be a great Lincoln Theatre show.. of course a club show would be ideal...

I am serious.