Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759465 times)

Unsanity

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6120 on: September 21, 2017, 05:26:24 am »
how 'bout The Jesus Lizard

What!?! Are they back together? I'd be down for that.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6121 on: September 25, 2017, 09:24:39 am »
How about Jawbreaker and the Jesus Lizard at Anthem?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6122 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:21 am »
How about Jawbreaker and the Jesus Lizard at Anthem anywhere?
FTFY
LVMH

lily1

« Reply #6123 on: September 26, 2017, 10:56:55 pm »
Hey Seth, please bring back the set times! Either post on the site like you used to or post on Twitter (like RNR Hotel and Black Cat do).

I have a fucked work schedule and sometimes am still at work at 10pm or am actually going into work at 9pm.  So yeah, knowing the set times would be good for UHall, 930 and Anthem shows.

Plus, some of us still actually take the metro and it'd be good to know if I can make the last train back home after a show or should budget for a cab/uber.

And consider this: some of us try to pack in two shows at your venues in the same night. I'll start with UHall and then move to the 930. Would be good to know if I can comfortably make both shows.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #6124 on: September 27, 2017, 06:57:59 am »
+1

Would love to have set times back. It's incredibly helpful given my work schedule.

Yada

« Reply #6125 on: September 27, 2017, 08:38:19 am »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #6126 on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:46 am »
Set times help determine whether a show fits my erratic work schedule.  They also help determine the manner of transportation.

Without set times I am unlikely to gamble on whether these needs can be accommodated.

Bags

« Reply #6127 on: September 27, 2017, 12:52:51 pm »
Set times are extremely important, and 9:30 was the first to provide them.  Now many clubs do.  So what would be the reason to retreat on valued aspect of I.M.P.'s service? 

Often knowing set times (not just "show time," that says nothing at all...l) dictates when you have to leave work, what transportation you will be able to use, when you can meet friends, whether you can fit dinner in.

Again, my biggest question is why stop now after listing set times for a dozen years?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6128 on: September 27, 2017, 01:09:57 pm »
Again, my biggest question is why stop now after listing set times for a dozen years?
The simplest answer is usually the correct one: Seth does not care about his customers or music; he only cares about squeezing every last penny out of people. This is his prerogative as a business person.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6129 on: September 27, 2017, 01:40:51 pm »
The simplest answer is usually the correct one: Seth does not care about his customers or music; he only cares about squeezing every last penny out of people. This is his prerogative as a business person.

If he stepped up his beer game instead of offering the same garbage beers year after year, I might be inspired to go early to a show. As it is, I'd rather sit home and play with my pets until the last minutes.

hutch

« Reply #6130 on: September 27, 2017, 01:51:37 pm »
Geez..tough crowd...

bearman🐻

« Reply #6131 on: September 27, 2017, 02:20:06 pm »
Geez..tough crowd...

We're seasoned veterans. Some of us aren't so young anymore. It takes more to get us to make the time to see concerts, especially after a long crappy day dealing with nonsense at work. And I'm getting to the point where I need some incentive to find the energy and spend the money/time and be around hordes of people elbowing me and spilling beer on me. Maybe that sounds like an old fart but I don't give a rat's ass. It's a business...keeping customers happy is part of the deal.

hutch

« Reply #6132 on: September 27, 2017, 02:27:24 pm »
Hey i hear you..but the 930 has crap beer too? Also they had set times up for many years so i doubt it is all about the benjamins ....UStreet has set times up for tonight st etienne btw

bearman🐻

« Reply #6133 on: September 27, 2017, 02:35:34 pm »
Hey i hear you..but the 930 has crap beer too? Also they had set times up for many years so i doubt it is all about the benjamins ....UStreet has set times up for tonight st etienne btw

Ah, I can't comment on the beer thing. I'm not a big beer drinker.

All I can say is that I miss seeing those set times...it really takes away a variable that can make or break an entire evening for me. This is a city that is ruled by calendars. Minutes in the day really do count here. It's a Type A city where you fight to make the time to actually break from routines you get stuck in. And I am not saying I don't value Seth's ability to give us top notch shows. But it's just frustrating because I find myself doing less because I don't want to take that chance that I have to throw a ticket away. That's all.

Bags

« Reply #6134 on: September 27, 2017, 04:37:14 pm »
Per usual, I agree with Bearman heartily.  To Julian's purely provocative response, how does not posting set times help the club, make money, or do anything really?  Sure, it could be off a bit, but I'd think folks who know enough to look at the website for set times are savvy enough to know that it's the schedule, and the best estimation that can be made in advance.