Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1761109 times)

mdh9857

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #1995 on: June 25, 2009, 03:04:34 pm »
Seth,

any chance that the 9:30 Club site could start to do something like what the Metro is doing here?
http://metrochicago.com/history/

It would be pretty tremendous to see a comprehensive list of the bands over the years that were on the club's stage. Is there any record or would you have to rely on folks to recall dates? I'm one of those geeks that would love to see all this stuff preserved. THanks.

This would be awesome.  I'd love to see it.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1996 on: June 25, 2009, 04:05:02 pm »
note to self...

book Joe Perry and I'm a god

was wondering how all that worked

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1997 on: June 25, 2009, 04:37:55 pm »
Seth,

any chance that the 9:30 Club site could start to do something like what the Metro is doing here?
http://metrochicago.com/history/

It would be pretty tremendous to see a comprehensive list of the bands over the years that were on the club's stage. Is there any record or would you have to rely on folks to recall dates? I'm one of those geeks that would love to see all this stuff preserved. THanks.

i think this is an excellent idea.  the club has been huge in developing the DC music scene, this info should be preserved.

i must have about 100 ticket stubs from 2004-2006 so i'd be happy to provide info about shows from that period.  another info source: those cool old monthly calendars on the back bar's walls that list all the bands that played the club in the 90's (i really enjoy perusing those).  maybe there are more sitting around somewhere?
<sig>

chancegardener

• http://www.chancegardener.com
« Reply #1998 on: June 25, 2009, 11:59:03 pm »
Hey Seth -- scored my VFest tix this a.m. Just want to thank you for making it happen this year, and also for making it free.  Very helpful considering I'm about to get laid off from my job.  Thanks for thinking of us and being generous in these tough times. 

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #1999 on: June 26, 2009, 07:21:12 am »
cool

let's have some fun

set1914

« Reply #2000 on: June 26, 2009, 03:08:50 pm »
How can we not have fun?

Great/fun lineup at a great place for free!!

Thanks again Seth!!

wml7

« Reply #2001 on: June 26, 2009, 03:19:20 pm »
As Perry Farrell said "thanks Mr. Horowitz"

killsaly

« Reply #2002 on: June 26, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »
Thanks indeed!!!

And for shows, My Bloody Valentine, Aphex Twin, etc

drksc8

« Reply #2003 on: June 27, 2009, 10:16:07 am »
 I would just like to say that the way tickets for v-fest were distributed is bs. As a multiple v-fest concert goer, giving the so called pre-sale on a Thursday at 10:00 a.m. was stupid . I am not 13 year old out of school for the summer with mommy and daddy's credit card. I have a job.  I work , and I have paid for my tickets in the past,but know with the way this was done I will say that last years V-fest will be MY last one. Not only that , I will no longer attend anything @ MMP or the 9:30 club.

andyrichter

« Reply #2004 on: June 27, 2009, 10:19:19 am »
Thank you Seth.  I'm really looking forward to having a great time!  :)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2005 on: June 27, 2009, 10:27:16 am »
I would just like to say that the way tickets for v-fest were distributed is bs. As a multiple v-fest concert goer, giving the so called pre-sale on a Thursday at 10:00 a.m. was stupid . I am not 13 year old out of school for the summer with mommy and daddy's credit card. I have a job.  I work , and I have paid for my tickets in the past,but know with the way this was done I will say that last years V-fest will be MY last one. Not only that , I will no longer attend anything @ MMP or the 9:30 club.

Lots of working post-13-year-olds with their own credit cards managed to get tickets during the presale. Funny how that works.
😐 🎶

wml7

« Reply #2006 on: June 27, 2009, 10:30:18 am »

I was able to get my tickets on Thursday for the presale no problem what so ever.  It's not Seth's fault a 13 year old beat you out on tickets.

drksc8

« Reply #2007 on: June 27, 2009, 10:32:33 am »
 Well  I don't sit on my a**  in front of a computer working for the government.

wml7

« Reply #2008 on: June 27, 2009, 10:35:21 am »
who says I work for the govt or sit in front of the computer hmmmmm???   ;D

betao

« Reply #2009 on: June 27, 2009, 10:53:42 am »

Hey now, at least they offered a presale (2 in fact if you count the weezer one). You cant blame Seth or MPP here - they did what they could. I mean, they're giving us a festival for free and allowing previous goers first dibs at the tickets. They can't pick a presale time that will please everyone. Your blame and hatred shouldn't be towards them, nor should it be the little 13 year olds with daddy's credit card (well, maybe them..); your blame should be towards the people right now on ebay and stubhub. This kind of thing happens, whether it be a free show or not. Seth and co. did what they could to help us before it would get bad, and I applaud them for that.