Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760283 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2025 on: July 01, 2009, 12:18:00 am »
Hey Seth,

When the sign outside says "NO PRO VIDEO" does that mean no video at all or does it mean no pro video... The staff at the club tonight (Hank III) seemed confused....

Personally it seems to me that if there was no video at all allowed it should say "NO VIDEO"...

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2026 on: July 01, 2009, 02:20:59 am »
no pro video usually means cell phone and small digital camera video is ok.  anything that is specifically designed only to shoot video would not be ok.

no video means no video.

hutch

« Reply #2027 on: July 01, 2009, 09:48:11 am »
no pro video usually means cell phone and small digital camera video is ok.  anything that is specifically designed only to shoot video would not be ok.

no video means no video.

well thats exactly what I thought.. thanks for clarifying..  one guy was emphatically yelling " NO VIDEO! NO VIDEO!" even after I explained that it was no pro video.. another person told me I couldn't then said she'd check but never came back..

i think going over this in the pre-show staff meeting would really help so that everyone is on the same page.

wml7

« Reply #2028 on: July 01, 2009, 12:00:29 pm »

no video means no video.

well thats exactly what I thought.. thanks for clarifying..  one guy was emphatically yelling " NO VIDEO! NO VIDEO!" even after I explained that it was no pro video.. another person told me I couldn't then said she'd check but never came back..

i think going over this in the pre-show staff meeting would really help so that everyone is on the same page.

that's why you have to hide in between the crowd  ;D

hutch

« Reply #2029 on: July 01, 2009, 12:26:57 pm »

[/quote]

that's why you have to hide in between the crowd  ;D
[/quote]

huh? why should I hide if its ok to take non professional video?

TheREALHunter

« Reply #2030 on: July 01, 2009, 02:06:55 pm »

no video means no video.

I'm curious about this too...was the no pro video/no pro audio rule last night solely the wish of Hank III's management?  Because I was able to film last night but only after having Shelton's road manager get me a pass (and after getting bitched out by Shelton for asking him that afternoon to give the club a heads up via his road manager because he felt he had cleared taping with anyone who brought in equipment so why am I even asking him since I can go right through the door with my stuff).  Of course that wasn't the case as I was held at the door for a couple minutes while things were cleared up even with my pass in hand.  I don't fault the club whatsoever for double checking as they were going by the rules set in place that night but I am curious whether Shelton's management is the one who made the no-taping call if that question can be answered thanks!

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2031 on: July 02, 2009, 01:45:25 am »
the policy is always gone over in the pre show meeting.  if there's ever any doubt, ask to speak with the crew chief on duty.

the band sets the policy.  we enforce it to the best of our abilities.  if i recall, your gear was slightly more than what we would consider non-pro video (which really doesn't include actual video cameras), so they checked up and got you a pass. 

people that hide in the crowd to get away with recording something they aren't supposed to do are specifically going against the wishes of the artist they are there to support. 

we're not trying to hassle people, we're trying to enforce the wishes of the talent.  it's not a perfect system, and sometimes their wishes aren't clearly conveyed to us.  we do our best, and if the crowd cooperates, it's all cool. 

trust me, our jobs would be a lot easier if the bands would allow all cameras, audio, video, drawing pads, etch-a-sketch, charcoal, watercolors, or whatever.  since that is rarely the case, we have to do the best we can.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 01:47:47 am by thatguy »

eltee

« Reply #2032 on: July 02, 2009, 10:14:24 am »
Early, early request - Air has new album out in October. When the time comes, please see if they will grace the 930 stage? Thanks Seth!

azaghal1981

« Reply #2033 on: July 02, 2009, 10:37:26 am »
I read something about a US tour in the spring.
احمد

TheREALHunter

« Reply #2034 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:43 pm »
the policy is always gone over in the pre show meeting.  if there's ever any doubt, ask to speak with the crew chief on duty.

the band sets the policy.  we enforce it to the best of our abilities.  if i recall, your gear was slightly more than what we would consider non-pro video (which really doesn't include actual video cameras), so they checked up and got you a pass. 

people that hide in the crowd to get away with recording something they aren't supposed to do are specifically going against the wishes of the artist they are there to support. 

we're not trying to hassle people, we're trying to enforce the wishes of the talent.  it's not a perfect system, and sometimes their wishes aren't clearly conveyed to us.  we do our best, and if the crowd cooperates, it's all cool. 

trust me, our jobs would be a lot easier if the bands would allow all cameras, audio, video, drawing pads, etch-a-sketch, charcoal, watercolors, or whatever.  since that is rarely the case, we have to do the best we can.

It's all good thanks for the heads up. 
I was just curious because for the shit I caught from III that afternoon basically telling me that's it's never a problem to film so don't bother asking (which in fact I wasn't going to ask him for permission like he assumed, I was going to ask him to put me on the list for a VIP pass to film up top for a better angle but I wasn't able to get a word in edgewise haha) it's funny that they then put up restrictions.  The exchange happened in the front lobby about 10 minutes before you arrived, if you had seen it you would have realized how fucking bizarre it was haha

betao

« Reply #2035 on: July 02, 2009, 02:42:10 pm »
Early, early request - Air has new album out in October. When the time comes, please see if they will grace the 930 stage? Thanks Seth!

Seconded. I'm sad I missed their show at the club a couple of years back. I heard they played for like 3 hours.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2036 on: July 02, 2009, 03:01:39 pm »

Seconded. I'm sad I missed their show at the club a couple of years back. I heard they played for like 3 hours.

Hah...you heard dead wrong.
It was a pretty good show but nothing special. Also nowhere near three hours. Maybe half that.
احمد

eltee

« Reply #2037 on: July 02, 2009, 04:20:43 pm »
I thought the Air shows were great. At least 1.5 hours, but azag is right, not three. Perhaps the confusion is the two consecutive nights they performed = 3 hrs.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2038 on: July 02, 2009, 04:23:16 pm »
The two nights were a long time ago. In '07, they only played one.
That's the one I saw; I'm sure the two-night stand was better because Pocket Symphony hadn't existed then.

I thought the Air shows were great. At least 1.5 hours, but azag is right, not three. Perhaps the confusion is the two consecutive nights they performed = 3 hrs.
احمد

betao

« Reply #2039 on: July 02, 2009, 11:15:56 pm »

Hah...you heard dead wrong.
It was a pretty good show but nothing special. Also nowhere near three hours. Maybe half that.

Ah. Guess I did hear dead wrong. Well then, regardless, I still really really would like to see them.

srsly.