Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759973 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2040 on: July 03, 2009, 11:34:58 am »
I just had a strange urge to see Missy Elliott.
احمد

mdh9857

« Reply #2041 on: July 03, 2009, 07:05:12 pm »

Seconded.  That would be awesome.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #2042 on: July 04, 2009, 07:31:59 am »

Saw her at Webster Hall last year with Busta Rhymes. She KILLS it. Destroys.

BUT, she's never really done a headlining US tour, aside from a SHITTY opening gig for Beyonce and Alicia Keys back in...2003? It was bad.

She had a live band and three killer background singers that all used to be R&B stars in their own right (Lil' Mo, Nicole Wray, and Cheryl Riley). She would own it at the 930 Club.
Woof.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #2043 on: July 04, 2009, 10:50:47 am »
HEY SETH!

Don't make me go to Philly to see YYYs - they're playing the Electric Factory on the 29th.  The 30th is open on their schedule.  Book them for a late show at the club!  It would be amazing! 
PANTS

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2044 on: July 04, 2009, 11:05:27 am »
true, they could play DAR on the 30th...M. Ward is playing the club that night.

HEY SETH!

Don't make me go to Philly to see YYYs - they're playing the Electric Factory on the 29th.  The 30th is open on their schedule.  Book them for a late show at the club!  It would be amazing! 
(_|_)

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #2045 on: July 07, 2009, 01:49:44 pm »
Seth, Super Furry Animals are playing three NY/NJ shows the weekend of 9/11.

930 Club show?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2046 on: July 07, 2009, 06:12:46 pm »
Sloan is looking for a gig
T.Rex

Davyboy

« Reply #2047 on: July 07, 2009, 07:59:26 pm »
Hey Seth...

Trent reznor of Nine Inch Nails just posted that they were doing one more short run of the US.. Any chance? PLEASE make one last DC area nin appearance happen? Patriot Center would be amazing to see them at  one last time. Thanks

walkonby

« Reply #2048 on: July 07, 2009, 08:36:09 pm »
Hey Seth...

Trent reznor of Nine Inch Nails just posted that they were doing one more short run of the US.. Any chance? PLEASE make one last DC area nin appearance happen? Patriot Center would be amazing to see them at  one last time. Thanks

with missy elliot . . . now that would be fucking awesome!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2049 on: July 07, 2009, 09:29:29 pm »
Hey Seth...

Can you imagine NIN at the club?  Oh hell yeah...
FUKIT

killsaly

« Reply #2050 on: July 07, 2009, 09:31:41 pm »
Now the supposed "last US show ever" at Bonnaroo doesnt seem so special.  I would love to see them again though, any venue except Nissan. 

And what about Placebo? The dont have anything the day after their Sonar gig.

betao

« Reply #2051 on: July 07, 2009, 09:56:34 pm »
Hey Seth...

Can you imagine NIN at the club?  Oh hell yeah...

NIN at 9:30 would almost excite me as much as MBV playing the National.

walkonby

« Reply #2052 on: July 07, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »
sorry, no dc for you.

According to Reznor, the new shows will take place in New York City at the Bowery Ballroom, Webster Hall and Terminal 5; in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom ; and in LA at The Wiltern, The Henry Fonda, The Palladium and The Echoplex.

betao

« Reply #2053 on: July 07, 2009, 10:38:26 pm »
sorry, no dc for you.

According to Reznor, the new shows will take place in New York City at the Bowery Ballroom, Webster Hall and Terminal 5; in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom ; and in LA at The Wiltern, The Henry Fonda, The Palladium and The Echoplex.

I know, but there still lies the hope of more dates. After all, the shows with Janes Addiction were originally planned to be the last US dates, and look what happened.

eltee

« Reply #2054 on: July 08, 2009, 10:30:20 am »
sorry, no dc for you.
I know, but there still lies the hope of more dates. After all, the shows with Janes Addiction were originally planned to be the last US dates, and look what happened.
I think there is option to play a smaller club in DC too. The post seemed to be open to adding another date/club. Plus, Seth is very good are luring people (please Seth?:)) 930 would be the best spot. (second to RHL, but I seriously want the 930 staph and atmosphere for this request).
NO to Patriot Center or Verizon or DAR. Besides, those centers do not sound like what they want.

from www.nin.com: "Getting right to the point, we're going to play a handful of shows in NYC, Chicago and LA starting August 22nd. They will be informal affairs in medium to small venues with longer set-lists, possible special guests, cool openers and other surprises. Upon reflection, the NIN/JA tour felt like we had to rush through sets due to a limited allotted set length and many shows were in daylight - it just didn't feel right to end NIN that way. An offer to headline V-Fest in Toronto (being announced soon) set the idea in motion to play some FUN shows to end this up with. If we can get it together we'll film these shows, too.

In NYC we'll be playing Bowery Ballroom, Webster Hall and Terminal 5. In Chicago, the Aragon Ballroom. In LA we'll be at The Wiltern, The Henry Fonda, The Palladium and The Echoplex. These should be cool, unusual and unique shows and I hope you come out - this is it.

So far, The Horrors will be joining us for some shows in NYC, Mew will be with us at other shows in NYC, Chicago and LA, and perhaps more. Details and ticket info will be announced shortly, so check back.

Thanks, Trent"