Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760453 times)

James Ford

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2205 on: October 01, 2009, 07:21:46 am »
but what about those other people that don't get in so that you can be more comfortable?

3eb New Years Washington DC!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2206 on: October 01, 2009, 09:12:10 am »
Weak sauce, Seth... By that reasoning, you should feel bad for operating such a small club that sells out so often. You're stranding folks outside!

Seriously tho, I'd tell those people what I always tell them when they get shut out of a show that didn't sell out immediately (and at jacked-up NYE prices this show won't) - "you should have bought tickets earlier".

So we're all set on this? :)
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2207 on: October 01, 2009, 10:39:53 am »
but what about those other people that don't get in so that you can be more comfortable?
What? You're a blue blood, you should understand that us elite few have a natural right -- nay, a responsibility -- to enjoy ourselves at a cost of the proletariats.

James Ford

« Reply #2208 on: October 01, 2009, 11:50:03 am »
What? You're a blue blood, you should understand that us elite few have a natural right -- nay, a responsibility -- to enjoy ourselves at a cost of the proletariats.

Seth owns a home in Bethesda, or some other upper middle class DC area Maryland suburb. You rent an apartment in Richmond. Surely Seth wouldn't consider you to be in the same social class as him.  ;)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2209 on: October 01, 2009, 11:52:32 am »

Perhaps they'd settle for 3EB.
😐 🎶

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2210 on: October 01, 2009, 12:24:24 pm »
Surely Seth wouldn't consider you to be in the same social class as him.  ;)
You're right, I am better than him.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2211 on: October 02, 2009, 01:55:01 am »
Surely Seth wouldn't consider you to be in the same social class as him.  ;)
You're right, I am better than him.

Someone is ducking fillusional
FUKIT

joker362514

« Reply #2212 on: October 02, 2009, 11:08:17 am »
Seth - I know it's a shot in the dark (and short notice).  Any chance you can get The Temper Trap to stop by the club?

eltee

« Reply #2213 on: October 02, 2009, 10:50:35 pm »
Asked for them too see 4 pgs back.

Hey Seth, can you bring Cranberries to 930? I can't afford the trek & time out to B'more (RHL). Dolores owes a couple make up shows, no? Willing to wait if they make a second go of a tour. Since, not sure how they will sound after time apart...

hutch

« Reply #2214 on: October 07, 2009, 10:06:56 am »
Hey Seth any chance you can bring The Hot Rats (Supergrass side project) to DC??? As I recall Supergrass cancelled their last DC show and hasn't been here in about five years ..

The Hot Rats have booked two shows in New York and two in LA for January 2010

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2215 on: October 12, 2009, 03:38:45 pm »
Seth, I know you may not bother with the NYC shows thread so I thought that it would be a good idea to also place this in here. Thank you forever if you get this show! I'll even shine up my shoes for this one.

"Chapterhouse

Word just released:

Sometime the 1st half of the year. Possibly, as early as February 2010. Still working out schedules.

Unfortunately, this is only a very limited, one-off tour. For we in the US, it's going to be only NY & Calif.. 

Edit:
Hey Seth, word is now in the process of being sent to the band to check you out for a show @ the 9:30 Club."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2216 on: October 13, 2009, 08:36:03 am »
Kosmette would like to request a Robbie Williams's show at the club....
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #2217 on: October 13, 2009, 12:13:39 pm »
CHAPTERHOUSE would be AWESOME. Never seen 'em. How about we pair them up with a Cocteau Twins reunion? :-)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2218 on: October 13, 2009, 12:22:15 pm »
CHAPTERHOUSE would be AWESOME. Never seen 'em. How about we pair them up with a Cocteau Twins reunion? :-)

Just found out this morning that the US leg will probably be later; as in, not in February, which I am relieved about. Always some damned snow storm that gets in the way of some highly anticipated show!

Probably May but I have a feeling that they are now considering a few other stops besides the standard NYC & CA gigs.

We can do this Seth.  ;)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2219 on: October 20, 2009, 08:59:23 pm »
DO NOT WANT:

Chris Brown embarks on 'Fan Appreciation' tour

NEW YORK -- It's safe to say Chris Brown does not have as many fans as he did before he attacked Rihanna (ree-AH'-nah). But he still has some, and he's going on tour to thank them next month.

The singer is kicking off his "Fan Appreciation" tour in Houston on Nov. 14. The venues are small, but a statement from his record company says it's to keep an "intimate" setting. A portion of tour proceeds are going to charities.

Brown, 20, was sentenced in August to five years' probation, six months of community labor and a year of domestic violence counseling for the February attack on Rihanna. He's due to perform at his first concert since the attack in New Jersey next week, and has a new song, "I Can Transform Ya."

😐 🎶