Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760257 times)

Relaxer

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2310 on: January 25, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »
maybe it's the scorpions... according to http://www.the-scorpions.com/english/ they've recorded their last album and are going to do a farewell tour.  maybe hutch has heard that IMP is bringing them to DC?

either that, or "the scorps" are going on before florence and the machine...

June 19th, 2010 M3 festival in Columbia, Maryland - at Merriweather Post Pavilion

Confirmed acts: Scorpions(Headliner), LA Guns, Danger Danger, Nelson, Kix, Dizzy Reed, Jetboy, Z02 from Z Rock and Warrant

Other acts they are talking to are:TESLA,JACKYL, DIRTY LOOKS, SEBASTIAN BACH, WINGER AND BRITNY FOX

Meh....

I would see a Scorpions show in a heartbeat.  But not as part of this kind of Jaxxapalooza.

"Dizzy Reed?????? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:10:09 pm by Relaxer »
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #2311 on: January 25, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »
Thanks for the most ridiculous/unexpected black metal lineup I've seen in a while.
احمد

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2312 on: January 26, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »
Didn't Gorillaz play the 9:30 Club once?  I know The Good, the Bad & the Queen did. 

If Albarn and co. tour Plastic Beach (other than Coachella), I wonder if the Club or DAR would be a natural stop...  *fingers crossed*

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2313 on: January 26, 2010, 05:46:06 pm »
Yes, at least once. Possibly even a second time though not too sure on that one. First time was maybe the Fall of 2001. Or possibly Spring of 2002. Heard they had a gauzy type of cloth or screen in front of them so that they played behind that. Might have been projections on the thing but I might be making that part up. I wasn't there so only going by what all I heard.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2314 on: January 26, 2010, 05:55:27 pm »
Oh my god...
This one (at the club) has me speechless so I'll just let it speak for itself:
W 4/7 Mayhem w/ Ludicra ? Tombs ? Krallice 10pm Doors

Where the fuck does one begin in expressing a reaction to such a bill?

Thanks for the most ridiculous/unexpected black metal lineup I've seen in a while.

i didn't know what you meant by your first post... i thought you were mocking/poking fun at that line-up.

Heard they had a gauzy type of cloth or screen in front of them so that they played behind that. Might have been projections on the thing but I might be making that part up.

this time around - or at least at coachella - they'll be projecting on a clear plastic screen stretched across the front of the stage, using some new high-tech projection technology.  it will look like the animated characters are on stage with the musicians.  given the amount of tech going in to this show, should it hit the road i suspect they'd put it in bigger venues... so yeah, DAR, if not bigger (patriot, etc).
<sig>

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2315 on: January 26, 2010, 08:34:31 pm »
Wow, sounds cool.   ;D  I hope (pray) they tour.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2316 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:05 pm »
No mockery was intended by that at all. Incredibly psyched for this show.
That was just me in awe.

احمد

hutch

« Reply #2317 on: January 26, 2010, 11:21:45 pm »
Hey Seth,

Any chance you could bring Ween to the 930? Maybe a two night stand?

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2318 on: January 27, 2010, 12:21:12 am »
I would love to see Ian Brown at the Club.  If he tours America in support of his most recent solo album.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2319 on: January 27, 2010, 12:40:20 am »
Hey Seth,

Any chance you could bring Ween to the 930? Maybe a two night stand?

Now you know there's only one way of getting that to happen.

betao

« Reply #2320 on: January 28, 2010, 01:42:22 am »
SETH!

LA times just leaked info about a live Chemical Brothers set this summer @ Hollywood Bowl.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring them to the 9:30!!!!!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2321 on: January 28, 2010, 03:22:16 am »
SETH!

LA times just leaked info about a live Chemical Brothers set this summer @ Hollywood Bowl.

OH HELLS YES.  their last show in brooklyn was mind-blowing... amazing visuals and the place turned into a giant, ecstatic dance party.  i, and several thousand other people, left the show on a huge high.  quote of the night, on the way out of the venue: "FUCK THE PYRAMID!!!", in reference to daft punk's show.  it's definitely up there with DP's stage show (however, the frenchies still win this head-to-head IMO.. but it's a good fight). 

they played at coachella last year, didn't they?  anyone catch their set?

not sure if the club is big enough for the chem bros, considering how much equipment they cart around and the size of the production... maybe MPP?  now that would rule.  whether DC could fill MPP for a CB show is the pertinent question.  i am definitely catching them if they play on the east coast.  i'd rather not trek to NYC, but i will if i have to.  seth, don't make me go to NYC!

prediction: chem bros headline lolla.
<sig>

betao

« Reply #2322 on: January 28, 2010, 12:12:30 pm »
SETH!

OH HELLS YES.  their last show in brooklyn was mind-blowing... amazing visuals and the place turned into a giant, ecstatic dance party.  i, and several thousand other people, left the show on a huge high.  quote of the night, on the way out of the venue: "FUCK THE PYRAMID!!!", in reference to daft punk's show.  it's definitely up there with DP's stage show (however, the frenchies still win this head-to-head IMO.. but it's a good fight). 

they played at coachella last year, didn't they?  anyone catch their set?

not sure if the club is big enough for the chem bros, considering how much equipment they cart around and the size of the production... maybe MPP?  now that would rule.  whether DC could fill MPP for a CB show is the pertinent question.  i am definitely catching them if they play on the east coast.  i'd rather not trek to NYC, but i will if i have to.  seth, don't make me go to NYC!

prediction: chem bros headline lolla.

sweetcell, I was at that same Brooklyn show. My friend and I came from Richmond for it and had a great time. However, the audience at that show was kinda lame where I was. They were barely moving and just kinda bopping their heads. Tom even look frustrated at one point, yelling "come on!" to the crowd or so it seemed. But it was a great show on their part, and I'd love to see them again. If I had to, and had more people going, I'd be willing to go to NYC again to see them.

They wont play MPP, they're not that big unfortunately. They'll play the 9:30 if anywhere (which would be an awesome venue for them!). Their last tour reportedly didn't sell that well :(

Their set at Coachella was pretty good. It was a DJ set and not a live, so expectations were different. They played a more classic/old school mix which left a lot of people feeling it was "meh", but whatever. I really enjoyed it. They briefly played some of their own music (saturate, song to the siren).

eltee

« Reply #2323 on: January 28, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »
Hey Seth,
Jakob Dylan is set to release a new solo album on Apr. 6. Tour dates may be in the works...if so, can you please grab him and bring him back to the club? Each of the two times he has been to the club, I was out of town. Would love the opportunity to see him solo at the club. Thanks!
(and, no, not Th/Fri of Memorial Day weekend. <-just for you sweetcell! j/k! but not really.;))

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2324 on: January 28, 2010, 02:44:38 pm »
If I had to, and had more people going, I'd be willing to go to NYC again to see them.

if/when something is announced, let's talk.

They wont play MPP, they're not that big unfortunately. They'll play the 9:30 if anywhere (which would be an awesome venue for them!). Their last tour reportedly didn't sell that well :(

agreed, 930 is the right-sized venue for them but that'll probably mean a smaller show... but hopefully still live, not a DJ set.
<sig>