Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760501 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2385 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:05 pm »
The great, incomparable Mark E. Smith is above playing a venue that toolbag Steve Lambert is involved with.

why? they probably can't even sell out rock n roll hotel...

Please bring The Fall by if they tour the US for their new album.

kthxbye

احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #2386 on: March 01, 2010, 10:38:48 pm »
If Pavement do  play any place in DC smaller than DAR, it will be the surprise of the century.

(and will gladly be welcome by me)
احمد

hutch

« Reply #2387 on: March 01, 2010, 11:56:44 pm »
If Pavement do  play any place in DC smaller than DAR, it will be the surprise of the century.

My opinions on DAR are well known and I've been warned not to go there...

But it would depress me as fuck if Pavement came back after a decade only to play the same venue (930 Club) they always played for the same people that always went...

I'd hope although I'm probably wrong that there's a younger generation of people- in addition to the usual crowd- that never got to see them, have been turned on to their music and want to check it out..

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2388 on: March 02, 2010, 12:36:33 am »
you are missing my point. My point is that if they can't move 400 tickets, why would seth bother booking them at the club?

The great, incomparable Mark E. Smith is above playing a venue that toolbag Steve Lambert is involved with.

kthxbye

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #2389 on: March 02, 2010, 01:16:32 am »
I got your point. I just chose to ignore it and rag on the RNR Hotel because it sucks and its owner (one of its owners?) needs to be tarred, feathered and ridden out of DC on a rail. . They had some damn cool ideas in the middle ages that we never should have abandoned. That is one of them. Any concert booker  who bans 25 bands in one year should not be anywhere near the music industry.

Mono didn't sell it out the last time they played it, did they? Where is Mono's next local date? In all seriousness, though,  The Fall would be more likely to play the BC than anywhere else.

you are missing my point. My point is that if they can't move 400 tickets, why would seth bother booking them at the club?

kthxbye

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:21:23 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2390 on: March 02, 2010, 08:37:49 am »
Idlewild is considering a US tour in support of the 10th anniversary of "100 Broken Windows", it's been far to long since they have rocked DC.  Reviews of their last UK tour were stellar.
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #2391 on: March 03, 2010, 11:20:33 am »

But it would depress me as fuck if Pavement came back after a decade only to play the same venue (930 Club) they always played for the same people that always went...

I'd hope although I'm probably wrong that there's a younger generation of people- in addition to the usual crowd- that never got to see them, have been turned on to their music and want to check it out..

If you've never been to DAR, how do you have an opinion on it? Pavement isn't supposed to play a venue like DAR, actually, no rock band should be playing that dump.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2392 on: March 03, 2010, 11:25:37 am »
This is very true. That room was not acoustically designed for rock shows.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #2393 on: March 03, 2010, 01:15:11 pm »

If you've never been to DAR, how do you have an opinion on it? Pavement isn't supposed to play a venue like DAR, actually, no rock band should be playing that dump.

I mean the mod told me not to talk about how much DAR sucks..

I've been there enough times to know no band should be playing there..agree.

Yada

« Reply #2394 on: March 03, 2010, 01:53:52 pm »

I mean the mod told me not to talk about how much DAR sucks..

I've been there enough times to know no band should be playing there..agree.

Gotcha. Sorry bout' that.

killsaly

« Reply #2395 on: March 03, 2010, 04:10:00 pm »
Why does RNRH ban bands, and which ones were banned?

azaghal1981

« Reply #2396 on: March 03, 2010, 04:19:17 pm »
Not sure about the answer to either question but I do remember Lambert boasting that number as if it was something to be proud of in a city paper interview from a couple years back.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #2397 on: March 03, 2010, 04:43:28 pm »
Not sure about the answer to either question but I do remember Lambert boasting that number as if it was something to be proud of in a city paper interview from a couple years back.

Provide the quote dude otherwise it sounds like you're pullling stuff

And by the way the 930 Club has also banned bands - I happen to know a good friends band that was banned in the early 90s and never manage to play an IMP venue again- so lets keep things in perspective..

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2398 on: March 03, 2010, 06:00:12 pm »
And by the way the 930 Club has also banned bands - I happen to know a good friends band that was banned in the early 90s and never manage to play an IMP venue again- so lets keep things in perspective..
Anyone IMP banned was 100% justified. Anyone RNRH banned is a prime example of the man ruining rock and roll.

nkotb

« Reply #2399 on: March 03, 2010, 06:34:39 pm »
From http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/display.php?id=1962

"Lambert says he put approximately 25 bands on his do-not-book list over the course of the last year, although his criteria are a little different from Ferrando?s. What gets you banned from the Rock & Roll Hotel, DC9, and the Red & the Black? Bringing alcohol into the building, disrespecting venue staff, and grossly overestimating a crowd, he says. Do that, he says, and ?you?ll never, ever play another one of my shows.?"

If I recall, snailhook said something to the fact that he's never banned 25 bands in his entire career of booking shows.  I'm not really into the he-said, he-said of the back & forth, but 25 in a year does seem pretty outrageous...

Provide the quote dude otherwise it sounds like you're pullling stuff