Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1761122 times)

walkonby

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2535 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:25 pm »
go to a sold out show at the national in richmond.

go to a sold out show at 930.

case closed.

walkonby

« Reply #2536 on: May 07, 2010, 09:53:12 pm »
also . . . is it that difficult to have more than 1 or 2 bartenders at every bar in your venue?  the national has 5-6 at every bar they have, and for some odd reason people don't wait forever for a drink.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2537 on: May 07, 2010, 10:15:09 pm »

case closed.

Have you been to a sold out show at the Black Cat?  Plenty of room to spare...
T.Rex

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2538 on: May 07, 2010, 10:37:27 pm »

case closed.

Have you been to a sold out show at the Black Cat?  Plenty of room to spare...

What's your point exactly? That the 9:30 Club is alone in cramming people into their venue?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2539 on: May 07, 2010, 10:48:04 pm »
My point is there is a specific reason why the capacity of the Black Cat is lower than it could be and it's because they choose to use only the main entrance as an exit route.  Had they choose to allow people to exit through the rear of the club they would have been allowed to increase capacity.   Isn't it quite possible that legal capacity of The National could be higher and thus lead to the sensation of an oversold show?  If you want to attend an oversold show, head over the RNRH, the Phoenix show there was far more uncomfortable than any sold out 9:30 club show I've been to.
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2540 on: May 08, 2010, 10:36:43 am »
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #2541 on: May 08, 2010, 10:51:46 am »
haha nice one sweetcell, you should have changed all of the characters even add a cat  ;D

walkonby

« Reply #2542 on: May 08, 2010, 11:16:45 am »
a long time ago, in a nightclub far far away...

i like how thatguy lost his hand and gets new ones.  more room for tatooine tattoos.

betao

« Reply #2543 on: May 08, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »
Watching that reminded me of playing Golden-Eye on the N64, with DK mode on. The large heads and all.

good times.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2544 on: May 08, 2010, 04:46:16 pm »
Actually, the Phoenix show at the Rock'n'Roll Hotel reminded me of old 9:30 Club shows. For that reason, I loved it. I hadn't been that close to a band in ages. I kind of miss that about the old 9:30.

vansmack

« Reply #2545 on: May 08, 2010, 07:33:29 pm »
seeing how the club oversells it shows . . . do you really think it a good idea to have "ticket bundles"?

Let's work on our reading comprehension:

to make this work for shows that might not sell out.
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #2546 on: May 08, 2010, 09:19:27 pm »
seeing how the club oversells it shows . . . do you really think it a good idea to have "ticket bundles"?

Let's work on our reading comprehension:

to make this work for shows that might not sell out.

oops, sorry vansmack.  sometimes my fingers move quicker than my brain  and totally off topic . . . i have a funny feeling that roger water's the wall tour thing might just be a huge, over priced at the wrong time fiasco.  first they had the stupid presale, where it was a lottery just to be able to see if you get tickets; you weren't gauranteed to even get them if your name came up in the lottery's first part.  i have six friends who were all excited and put in their names to see if they got picked, myself included.  none of us were selected on day one, and we all got "sorry" emails.  then, mysteriously, one by one, we get emails days, some even a week later, saying "oh nevermind, you are selected to try to get tickets."  some passed once they saw the prices and the fact you couldn't choose or see where your seats were going to be.  i chose the cheaper of the two choices offered, and instantly my card was charged as if i instantly got the tickets . . .  there was no wait to see, instead giving me the impression of rather, "thank god people are buying them."

killsaly

« Reply #2547 on: May 09, 2010, 02:08:58 pm »
Interpol?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2548 on: May 09, 2010, 05:56:06 pm »
I think most people consider "beyond comfortable" to be oversold, whether within the legal limit or not.

Sold out is determined by the number of tickets sold, not by how large or small the individuals are who bought said tickets.  I recall being at some show at the club that was sold out and the place looked to have lots of empty space.  It dawned on Kim and me at the same time, little people!  (Not it the politically correct term.)
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2549 on: May 09, 2010, 05:57:12 pm »
also . . . is it that difficult to have more than 1 or 2 bartenders at every bar in your venue?  the national has 5-6 at every bar they have, and for some odd reason people don't wait forever for a drink.

No they don't.  They have maybe three.  Which is what is normally at the upstairs bar at the 930, which is all I can attest to.
FUKIT