Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760462 times)

agenthal

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2670 on: August 03, 2010, 02:04:12 am »
Florence + the Machine seems to be doing a short tour around the U.S. again when she comes for Voodoo Festival. Get her back?  ;D

Also, I know Broken Bells just played the Club as well, but they'll be in NYC 10/11 after Austin City Limits. I missed them last time since it sold out. Pretty please?

lilIverson09

« Reply #2671 on: August 03, 2010, 02:09:10 am »
any chance to get Shinedown to come back to the club for their acoustic tour? pleaseeee i missed them at carnival and the show back in 08 :(

betao

« Reply #2672 on: August 04, 2010, 01:12:21 am »
any chance we can get LCD Soundsystem to do a show at the club? It'd kinda be a pooper if their only show in the area was V-fest.

killsaly

« Reply #2673 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:34 pm »
I might be wrong, but wasnt LCDS last V Fest gig their only area show for that time period? 

betao

« Reply #2674 on: August 04, 2010, 04:00:08 pm »
they did a show at the 9:30 in mid may of that year while the festival was in August.

Seeing as they don't really have to try and upsell FreeFest tickets, I would assume there isn't really a clause that may prohibit LCD SS from doing another show in the area?

killsaly

« Reply #2675 on: August 05, 2010, 03:27:47 pm »
I see.  I didnt remember that one. 

Maybe we could have M.I.A. and LCD SS play at the club, and it will be the exact line up of a 930 club poster I have on my wall from 04 or 05. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2676 on: August 05, 2010, 03:57:44 pm »
Seeing as they don't really have to try and upsell FreeFest tickets, I would assume there isn't really a clause that may prohibit LCD SS from doing another show in the area?

i was thinking that too, but IMP wants freefest to be well attended. 

if the LCDSS fans see that they can get a club show instead of going to the festival, all 6 of them might stay home.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #2677 on: August 05, 2010, 04:52:44 pm »

It's sold out.  They've got nothing to worry about.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2678 on: August 05, 2010, 05:11:16 pm »

all tickets have been claimed but my point is that doesn't mean everyone will show up at MPP on sept 25.  the fact that it's free means that people can bail without it costing them anything.  if LCDSS is a big draw for you, and you can see them at the club, you might decide skip the festival.  doubtful that one big name on the bill will change your decision to attend, but start offering up a few of them and...

i'm not saying this is the only factor organizers are taking in to consideration, but it is one.  just b/c it's sold out doesn't mean they want to dilute its uniqueness.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #2679 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:16 pm »
Maybe...but since this is (supposedly) their last album/touring, two area shows might be a big draw to super-fans, and nothing that would stop attendance.  Not sure though.

all tickets have been claimed but my point is that doesn't mean everyone will show up at MPP on sept 25.  the fact that it's free means that people can bail without it costing them anything.  if LCDSS is a big draw for you, and you can see them at the club, you might decide skip the festival.  doubtful that one big name on the bill will change your decision to attend, but start offering up a few of them and...

i'm not saying this is the only factor organizers are taking in to consideration, but it is one.  just b/c it's sold out doesn't mean they want to dilute its uniqueness.

hutch

« Reply #2680 on: August 05, 2010, 05:22:02 pm »
greedy people

betao

« Reply #2681 on: August 06, 2010, 03:09:38 am »

I'm pretty sure that the people who already have tickets to freefest and who want to see LCD SS most of all would still go to the festival even if LCD SS was doing a club show (which it would definitely sell out).

If you had tickets to see your favorite band for free at a festival (with alot other acts that would probably interest you) and the said band decided to come to your hometown, wouldn't you still hit up the free festival?

mep

« Reply #2682 on: August 06, 2010, 09:03:53 am »
Per Brooklyn Vegan: LCDSS is also playing University of Maryland - Baltimore on Sunday (9/26) (with Sleigh Bells).  I haven't seen this date posted anywhere else though...

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/08/lcd_soundystem_2.html#more

Yada

« Reply #2683 on: August 06, 2010, 06:31:18 pm »
WEEN at the Club...

Whenever!!!!

azaghal1981

« Reply #2684 on: August 06, 2010, 07:44:18 pm »
But never again at DAR, please.
WEEN at the Club...

Whenever!!!!