Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760447 times)

walkonby

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2835 on: November 11, 2010, 12:18:06 am »
they played common people on some sirius channel today.  hey seth . . . just wanted you to know that.  their picture on wiki makes them look like a band i might like.  but then again, will i ever get around to listening to them.

Hieronymus

« Reply #2836 on: November 11, 2010, 08:51:45 am »
Throw another yes yes please vote on the Pulp pile.

eltee

« Reply #2837 on: November 14, 2010, 03:48:18 pm »
Not sure if Grant Lee Buffalo could fill the club, mentioning nonetheless:
http://flemingartists.com/artists/itineraries/go-itin.html

hutch

« Reply #2838 on: November 18, 2010, 06:12:16 pm »
thanks for Jeff Beck!

Thats what I was talking about earlier: Shaking things up!

James Ford

« Reply #2839 on: November 22, 2010, 11:12:06 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2840 on: November 22, 2010, 11:31:28 am »
hey james,

you don't need to have tickets in your possession to list them on stubhub or ebay, so you can list them before they go on sale.  these people are essentially saying that they will have them.  check out the "delivery info" section -  they're not promising the tickets until three days before the show.

scalpers list tickets that haven't gone on sale yet all the time.  they prey on the insecurity of fans that they won't be able to get tix during presales/onsales.  as an added bonus, it gives message boards a reason to think venue operators are colluding with scalpers.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #2841 on: November 22, 2010, 02:20:59 pm »
If you google one of those shows, and perhaps the other, you'll discover that they actually ARE on sale, via ticketfly. Just not at the box office. Leaving you with the options of paying the douchey ticketfly fees (if you're good with the google), paying the outrageous stubhub price, or crossing your fingers and waiting until it's on the actual tickefly site. Not that either of them will sell out their two night stands immediately.

hey james,

you don't need to have tickets in your possession to list them on stubhub or ebay, so you can list them before they go on sale.  these people are essentially saying that they will have them.  check out the "delivery info" section -  they're not promising the tickets until three days before the show.

scalpers list tickets that haven't gone on sale yet all the time.  they prey on the insecurity of fans that they won't be able to get tix during presales/onsales.  as an added bonus, it gives message boards a reason to think venue operators are colluding with scalpers.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2842 on: November 22, 2010, 04:13:10 pm »
If you google one of those shows, and perhaps the other, you'll discover that they actually ARE on sale, via ticketfly.
(...)
Not that either of them will sell out their two night stands immediately.

ah, ok.  but now i'm unclear on the point of your original message.  is it that scalpers have figured out how to google?  seth can't control what list for sale online, whether the show is on sale or not (or something in between).  you have access to the same tickets the scalpers do.

if you're irked that you can buy tickets online (with fees) but not at the box office without fees, bringing scalpers into the discussion doesn't make much sense to me.  if you're against the ~$10 ticketfly surcharges, i don't see how you're going to pay the ~$50 (or whatever) scalper's mark-up... doesn't that make them irrelevant to this discussion?
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #2843 on: November 22, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »
I guess I'm just looking to be reminded what the point was in making tickets available "secretly" in advance when they're only available via ticketfly. I think comments were made to the effect that this would benefit "those in the know" or something to that effect. Why not make them available "secretly" at the box office simultaneously? Otherwise ticketly is the real beneficiary of such a policy.

I was only stating that it's odd that you can buy these tickets from scalpers already, yet you can't even buy them at the box office. I don't know that Seth has any kind of magical answer, I was merely pointing out the fact and wondering about it aloud.

Staralfur25

« Reply #2844 on: November 23, 2010, 04:01:16 am »
what...no robyn.
i forgives
cause of scissor sisters. haha
 :D

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2845 on: November 26, 2010, 03:35:27 pm »
White Lies in the new year, please

agenthal

« Reply #2846 on: November 26, 2010, 05:11:16 pm »
White Lies in the new year, please

2nd! PLEASE!

Jesse

« Reply #2847 on: November 27, 2010, 07:19:28 pm »
Hey Seth, if by some chance Primal Scream brings the Screamadelica tour to the US, PLEASE PLEASE try to bring them back to DC.

azaghal1981

« Reply #2848 on: November 27, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »
Wow are they playing the whole thing live? That is news to me.

I'd personally rather see XTRMNTR with Kevin Shields but this still would be incredibly cool.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2849 on: November 27, 2010, 08:30:57 pm »
^ Az, you must have missed a couple of my last posts. One I think is in the Just Announced everywhere other than here and NYC thread and the other was posted today in the MP3 thread.