Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759864 times)

James Ford

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2955 on: February 11, 2011, 01:21:47 pm »
4/10 with Teddy (son of Richard) Thompson

Fantastic double bill.

Also, didn't this get announced for April or something?

p.s. I'm still holding out for Old 97's...;P

eltee

« Reply #2956 on: February 11, 2011, 05:03:56 pm »
Foo Fighters are having secret shows...Also, their new album is out in April...How about something intimate, no GMU or MPP?

Foo Fighters club shows are among my all-time favorite shows ever.  They're always fantastic.  *cough*boardieticketsplease*cough*

But if we can't get a club show, PLEASE put them in a regular venue somewhere.  It seems like every time they come around it's either a nearly-impossible-to-get-into club show or a big festival.  When was the last time they played a regular rock show around here?  GMU 2005?
All to what Bombay said, my thoughts too, please and thanks!!  I would love to see them at the club as I couldn't get in the last 930 show when RatBastard switched shirts. When they were at GMU (2005 sounds about right), I was sick and missed. OH and please don't have DC101 or Fast Eddie's or some nutty place in Fairfax giving away tickets; normal methods for tickets work. (why a bunch of us missed the last club show)
Just not sure what other regular venue there is for them other than DAR and I absolutely would not want to see them there. RHL is the alternative, while it's fine, 930 trumps RHL. 

DCFC at the club, those shows years ago were so good.  Sorry to be so specific or selfish with my requests but my preference is club shows, as I think festivals or MPP are too large to have intimacy with the music & band. I'd settle for DCFC at DAR over MPP.

Ha, Van, you don't have go if they are scheduled. (!)  Not sure if you are asking not to book them (does this thread work that way?;)), or just opposed to the venue specification. Tell you what, let me know who or what you want & we'll see if my powers still work.;)

OOOh, thank for the Old 97's news, I really missed it. Laying low...There are so many shows this week that I will missing b/c they are sold out. But, March & April seem to be predicting great shows too.
Thanks, 930, bawk bawk.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:06:04 am by El Tee »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2957 on: February 11, 2011, 09:37:20 pm »
Yes please to...

1) Elvis Costello
2) QOTSA
3) Foo Fighters (I'd love to show up wear Dave's shirt that he gave me)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:36:36 am by RatBastard »
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #2958 on: February 11, 2011, 09:45:20 pm »
LCD at the 930!

I'll even take DAR! :)

before the Terminal 5 shows!

bellenseb

« Reply #2959 on: February 12, 2011, 02:06:08 pm »
http://blurt-online.com/news/view/4688
?Big Star?s Third? Show To Tour?

02/11/2011

Rumors of Tift Merritt, Matthew Sweet, Norman Black and possibly Ray Davies getting involved in the Chris Stamey-helmed project.

By Fred Mills

Back in December producer and dB's founder Chris Stamey mounted an ambitious pair of public performances of Big Star's legendary Third/Sister Lovers album at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC. It featured, among numerous musicians who participated, original Big Star drummer Jody Stephens and Stamey's old buddy (and former Lets Active frontman) Mitch Easter, and was by all accounts a roaring success.

As Stamey himself blogged, "It would be hard to enjoy anything more than we did the two nights at Cat's Cradle in Dec."

However, Stamey goes on to say in the blog entry that the entire experience was deeply gratifying, including the actual rehearsals, and that there will also be an encore presentation of the performance this coming Tuesday night, Feb. 15, at Playmaker's Repertory Theatre on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus. In addition to the live show, there will also be an event at Wilson Library (also at UNC) billed as "a multimedia exposition on the life and works of Jim Dickinson" - J.D. famously produced the Big Star album - along with a Stamey-conducted interview with Stephens and Ardent Records' John Fry about the album.

But wait - apparently, there's more. According to the Carrboro Citizen, after that the live show will be headed to New York City, on March 26. Writes the Citizen, "Cast and crew will next be taking the show to New York on March 26. There, Tift Merritt, Matthew Sweet and Norman Blake (Teenage Fan Club) will join in (with the rumor mill hinting that Ray Davies might make appearances too). From there, an untold mix of musicians will take the show on the road for engagements across the country that will be filmed for the upcoming Danielle McCarthy and Drew DeNicola documentary film Nothing Can Hurt Me: The Big Star Story, slated for a 2011 release."

More details as they emerge.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2960 on: February 12, 2011, 02:39:03 pm »
Hey, Seth,

PLEASE book this guy.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #2961 on: February 14, 2011, 04:37:49 pm »
Florence + the Machine, please?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2962 on: February 14, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »
No Queens? It's been almost 5 years since they played the club! Seriously!?

I'm so saddened. They aren't even playing Baltimore!! :'( so so so sad.

Please: Death From Above 1979
‼‼?‼‼

joker362514

« Reply #2963 on: February 14, 2011, 08:08:21 pm »
Richard Ashcroft would be awesome.  New Album out this year.

blipvurt

« Reply #2964 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »
Band of Skulls warm-up or post-Bonnaroo date would be pretty cool.

hemisphire

« Reply #2965 on: February 15, 2011, 06:52:04 pm »
The Jayhawks (1995 version) are playing in April, would be nice at the club.

Chrisg71

« Reply #2966 on: February 17, 2011, 01:02:51 pm »
How about some Jeff Magnum shows?

08-12 Toronto, Ontario - Trinity St. Paul's United Church
08-13 Toronto, Ontario - Trinity St. Paul's United Church
09-09 Cambridge, MA - TBA
09-10 Boston, MA - Jordan Hall at New England Conservatory
09-30 Asbury Park, NJ - Paramount Theatre (ATP)
10-03 Asbury Park, NJ - Paramount Theatre (ATP)
10-29 New York, NY - Town Hall
11-06 Jersey City, NJ - Loew's Theatre
12-02 Somerset, England - All Tomorrow's Parties

Any way we can pull him to the club?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2967 on: February 17, 2011, 11:25:18 pm »
Hey Seth I'll give you $1 if you get the Foo Fighters back at the club.  I know that probably isn't much to you, but hell I have been out of work almost three years now so it is a lot to me.  If it makes any difference I'll even autograph it and number it 1/1...
FUKIT

Fooer

« Reply #2968 on: February 18, 2011, 12:22:10 am »
Hey Seth

Bring back Foo Fighters.    I'm down for a Foo gig at 9:30 Club.  They haven't played DC since 2005 and in 2008 opted for your Virgin Festival in Baltimore.  We need 2 DC gigs.  9:30 Club & Arena show(s) Patriot Center.  No Verizon Center!  It will be a nightmare for tickets if they play 9:30 so it should be first come first serve into the venue like the (not so secret shows) in LA.  Similar to Blink 182 $2 show tour at 9:30 Club in 2003 and 2005 System of a Down show tickets on sale the same day in the morning then come back for the show at night.

Ratbastard you might have to give up your t-shirt Dave gave you at the 2005 gig for Seth to bring back Foo.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2969 on: February 18, 2011, 04:26:06 am »
Hey Seth

Bring back Foo Fighters.    I'm down for a Foo gig at 9:30 Club.  They haven't played DC since 2005 and in 2008 opted for your Virgin Festival in Baltimore.  We need 2 DC gigs.  9:30 Club & Arena show(s) Patriot Center.  No Verizon Center!  It will be a nightmare for tickets if they play 9:30 so it should be first come first serve into the venue like the (not so secret shows) in LA.  Similar to Blink 182 $2 show tour at 9:30 Club in 2003 and 2005 System of a Down show tickets on sale the same day in the morning then come back for the show at night.

Ratbastard you might have to give up your t-shirt Dave gave you at the 2005 gig for Seth to bring back Foo.

Actually I figured I would wear it to the show (assuming I was lucky enough to get tickets).  Problem is I am so mangled up and broken down now that I am upstairs at the bar stools for all shows.  Can't do the rail thing any more at all.  I guess I'd have to get s9omeoen down front to let Dave know I was there with his shirt!
FUKIT