Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760351 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #3285 on: October 27, 2011, 07:06:05 pm »
there are a lot of people complaining on FB that only behind-the-stage seats were available.  those folks should have added "currently available".  prime in-front-of-the-stage seats could have been released.  those would have disappeared in seconds, whereas the crappy ones would remain unsold (you didn't buy any either, did you? there ya go).  so for all we know there were indeed excellent seats released... we all just got there too late.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3286 on: October 27, 2011, 07:08:33 pm »
damn . . . you explain things.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3287 on: October 27, 2011, 07:46:38 pm »
yeah.  sorry about that.  pointing out logical explanations is my natural reaction to people who don't think and complain and/or jump on the first convenient explanation.  i should probably care less.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3288 on: October 27, 2011, 07:48:46 pm »
you deserve this:

hutch

« Reply #3289 on: October 28, 2011, 12:28:41 am »
there are a lot of people complaining on FB that only behind-the-stage seats were available.  those folks should have added "currently available".  prime in-front-of-the-stage seats could have been released.  those would have disappeared in seconds, whereas the crappy ones would remain unsold (you didn't buy any either, did you? there ya go).  so for all we know there were indeed excellent seats released... we all just got there too late.

poppycock..i got there 45 seconds after it was posted on FB..and all i got was limited view..45 secs is not too late..
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:32:38 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #3290 on: October 28, 2011, 12:32:03 am »
Hey seth,

will be at my favorite music venue again tonight

BUT..

I must object to the 930 posts on Facebook that "PHENOMENAL" seats have just been released for the Foo Fighters show when they are limited view seats!

Come now..the great 930/IMP organization is better than that..

we were told they would now be the best seats in the house...they are behind the stage, so they have to be labeled that way

props for all the good work

i just got home from the mmw but i just don't understand what you are saying...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3291 on: October 28, 2011, 02:44:14 am »

poppycock..i got there 45 seconds after it was posted on FB..and all i got was limited view..45 secs is not too late..

first off, depending on the number of tickets released and who else knew about it, 45 secs is plenty of time for them to disappear.

second, that's when 930 posted on FB - not when they went on sale.  who knows how long they were available on TM before 930 got wind of this and posted the info.  maybe someone pulled great tickets, sent an e-mail to 930, and by the time they posted it they were already gone.  they might have shared the info with other boards/FB pages/etc.  who knows.

or maybe there weren't any good tickets today and it was all crappy behind-the-stage seating.  there simply isn't enough information to make a call either way, but boy folks were quick to complain and tell the club that they shouldn't even have bothered posting the info.  i disagree.  it didn't work out this time, let's not stop them from posting it next time.

third, thanks to your 45 second comment i know your real name. i am sooooooo signing you up for debt-relief services and religious newsletters... ;D  (just kidding)
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3292 on: October 28, 2011, 08:11:56 am »
well i got nothing to hide as far as far as my "real" name goes sweetcell..but i did think of that when i posted my comment here.. and your comment is making me rethink it..

I think if you post a link that there are phenomenal seats there should be more than limited view seats.. you ought to make sure of that.. and they posted a comment on their own thread emphasizing these seats were killer AFTER there were no killer seats..

Its the kind of thing Live Nation would do and beneath the 930. Moreover, its not the first time.. it happend I want to say earlier in the week (or last week). .they posted how some great seats had been released and they were in the 400s...

Just post "Seats have been released to the sold out.." show. Thats good enough. People can make up their own minds as far as their quality.

at the end of the day what 930 did on FB is just bad business... people see the link..they go to the TM only to see that they are being charged $50 plus fees for limited view seats being touted as pheomenal.

and my original post on this thread was not some "mindless complaint".. I genuinely like the 930/IMP and wanted to give a headsup to Seth on this...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:35:19 am by hutch »

James Ford

« Reply #3293 on: October 28, 2011, 08:28:48 am »
So your real name is "Poppycock", and not "Hutch"?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3294 on: October 28, 2011, 08:45:36 am »
here's how it went down...

seats behind the stage were released

the Foos people let us know that these, in fact, were going to end up being amazing seats

they need to be marked "limited view", as they are not traditional seats and some equipment could be in the way at certain moments

now I don't know how you can be more honest than that

as far as "fooling" anyone...there is always the opportunity to opt out of the sale at any time...nobody is being forced to do anything

these late releases always sell fast...we don't ever try & fool anyone into anything, and we certainly wouldn't need to here if we did

but everyone always cries foul when they don't get the tickets they wanted

bearman🐻

« Reply #3295 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25:52 am »
I realize the Foo Fighters are a decent size band these days, but there's something odd about the fact that so many of us on the board here didn't get anywhere NEAR the seats that we had hoped. When pulling 400 section seats in the middle and rear of the venue is the closest thing you can get, you can't help but wonder who is snatching up GA tickets or even 100 section and good 200 section seats (but I can guess, and there seem to be a plethora on E-bay, Stubhub, etc.). I get it, you can't make everyone happy. But the whole ticket process for this show has been frustrating. I got great seats for Springsteen, AC/DC, Green Day at Verizon...arguably those are all bigger bands than the Foo Fighters. They've certainly sold an avalanche more in terms of records. In the grand scheme of things, not getting to see one show out of many is fine by me and not the end of the world. I can totally see both sides to this, and Seth, you typically do a top-notch job of keeping us whiners at bay. But this was one time where I really didn't get just how on earth we were shut out across the board (literally and figuratively) from getting decent seats. I predict a lot of empty seats from scalpers over-buying.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3296 on: October 28, 2011, 09:26:59 am »
here's how it went down...

seats behind the stage were released

the Foos people let us know that these, in fact, were going to end up being amazing seats

they need to be marked "limited view", as they are not traditional seats and some equipment could be in the way at certain moments

now I don't know how you can be more honest than that

as far as "fooling" anyone...there is always the opportunity to opt out of the sale at any time...nobody is being forced to do anything

these late releases always sell fast...we don't ever try & fool anyone into anything, and we certainly wouldn't need to here if we did

but everyone always cries foul when they don't get the tickets they wanted

damn . . . you put people down after you explain things, i guess because it's a hard knocks life having to explain things.  it really shows, that you don't care.

Yada

« Reply #3297 on: October 28, 2011, 09:52:05 am »
Seats behind the stage actually aren't bad at all... actually kind of a cool way to see a show if your view isn't obstructed.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3298 on: October 28, 2011, 09:54:08 am »
Seats behind the stage actually aren't bad at all... actually kind of a cool way to see a show if your view isn't obstructed.

i thought the same thing.  i've sat behind the stage before for a show, and thought it was awesome and different.  plus the view of the entire crowd staring at your direction is creepy.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #3299 on: October 28, 2011, 09:56:52 am »
I predict plenty of legitimately good seats are released before the show.   It's still 2 weeks away.   The good seats don't usually come out until a couple days prior to the show.   Patience.