Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759895 times)

jrho

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #3465 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:00 am »
Thanks for adding a second fun. show.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3466 on: February 09, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3467 on: February 10, 2012, 03:36:40 am »
Wow when did the price for a coke at the club go to $4?  Is that about 10¢ worth of water and syrup in that cup?  I understand about making a profit and all but really?  Even though I don't drink at all EVER, I have always paid for my soft drinks and not asked before but at these prices I have to ask if you have or plan to initiate an designated driver program.  I was literally stunned when I looked at the tab at the end of the night and the cokes were that high.
FUKIT

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3468 on: February 10, 2012, 07:35:14 am »
so what would make you happy

James Ford

« Reply #3469 on: February 10, 2012, 10:41:01 am »
Soda is poison

killsaly

« Reply #3470 on: February 10, 2012, 10:48:13 am »
Placebo? Polyphonic Spree? Prodigy? (the Three Ps...)

hutch

« Reply #3471 on: February 10, 2012, 11:04:44 am »
shit man.. after the dollar tip that is $5 for a little bit of soda and ice.. thats rough..

people will say "well don't drink the soda then.."....but exorbitant price gouging on concessions is a bummer...

ultimately though you just got to not buy the soda.. I guess for IMP though the occasional concertgoer who doesn't realize its going to be $4 will keep buying the soda meaning more money for them... or the occasional concertgoer just figures "hey, i don't go to concerts that often so i can spend whatever I want.."

in the area of concessions the black cat is much more reasonable but I guess Dante doesn't want to gouge his customers like Seth does... its fine Seth, go for it, but you're a price gouger ripping off your customers..  .. smile all the way to the bank.. ;D

I wonder for example how much the 930 ATM charges... $4??? Black Cat: $2

Black Cat has a 16 oz PBR for $4.

Ticket charges for 930 shows are probably about 35% higher.

I guess the 930 concertgoer has a lot more disposable income than the Black Cat concertgoer....still doesn't make it "right"

Of course in this age where people think capitalism means "ripping people off for as much you can" its all good, no?

It is true the 930 overall experience is just so good and the 930 does so many things right (the 30th anniversary show last year, the Freefests, the venue itself, the staff, etc.) that it is easy to just excuse ripping off your own customers.

In part maybe its just DC or something..its gotten so darn pricey....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:07:45 am by hutch »

James Ford

« Reply #3472 on: February 10, 2012, 11:27:03 am »
Which of these criteria for "price gouging" are being met by the overpriced soda at 9:30 Club?
And how is a $4 PBR any less egregious than a $4 soda?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging
 Price-gouging is often defined in terms of three critieria listed below:

1.Period of Emergency: The majority of laws apply only to price shifts during a time of disaster.
2.Necessary items: Most laws apply exclusively to items which are essential to survival.
3.Price ceilings: Laws limit the maximum price that can be charged for given goods.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3473 on: February 10, 2012, 11:34:25 am »
It sounded good, so he ran with it.

Damn what the dictionary or Wikipedia says!
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3474 on: February 10, 2012, 11:38:27 am »
go to 930 club . . . pay more for soda, not get shot and killed because they have safe parking and security all around the building.

black cat . . . pay less for your drink, but take the chance of pissing it out earlier than you thought because you are running in fear from the people shooting at you.

hutch

« Reply #3475 on: February 10, 2012, 01:05:53 pm »
Which of these criteria for "price gouging" are being met by the overpriced soda at 9:30 Club?
And how is a $4 PBR any less egregious than a $4 soda?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging
 Price-gouging is often defined in terms of three critieria listed below:

1.Period of Emergency: The majority of laws apply only to price shifts during a time of disaster.
2.Necessary items: Most laws apply exclusively to items which are essential to survival.
3.Price ceilings: Laws limit the maximum price that can be charged for given goods.

key word is "often" no? Often defined that way and certainly in an economic textbook sense I can see that.. but every day definition of price gouging? I'd say the 930 meets that.. $4 for a little cup with some soda and ice.. thats gouging.

wml7

« Reply #3476 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:36 pm »
I just always bring in my own 6 pack of coke stuffed into my birkenstocks  ;D

James Ford

« Reply #3477 on: February 10, 2012, 01:31:35 pm »
Hey Seth,

As long as you don't start charging for water like the Birchmere does, I'm fine with whatever you charge for your soda poison or crappy beer. I realize that those items are completely unnecessary to the concertgoing experience, and laugh at those who do not. If it helps keep the concert ticket prices lower, I urge you to keep up with the "price gouging" on the non-necessities.

Cheers,

James

hutch

« Reply #3478 on: February 10, 2012, 01:38:44 pm »
Hey Seth,

As long as you don't start charging for water like the Birchmere does, I'm fine with whatever you charge for your soda poison or crappy beer. I realize that those items are completely unnecessary to the concertgoing experience, and laugh at those who do not. If it helps keep the concert ticket prices lower, I urge you to keep up with the "price gouging" on the non-necessities.

Cheers,

James

oh my .. look who has a superiority complex.. its mr brownnose!

James Ford

« Reply #3479 on: February 10, 2012, 01:42:42 pm »
Haha. I think I've raised Seth and Thatguy's ire enough in the past to ever be accused of being a Mr. Brownnose to them.

I just call it the way I see it. And in this case I'm with Seth.

The end.

Hey Seth,

Cheers,

James

oh my .. look who has a superiority complex.. its mr brownnose!