Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760115 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #3750 on: June 22, 2012, 10:54:37 am »
Thanks for The Hives show last night.  A good time was had by all.  However, that sure is a lot of stairs to climb with my broken down knees to have a place to sit (it was still worth the effort).

Would you like seats in front of the stage, grandpa?

Its kind of sad but it is almost getting to that.  56 years old and lets see, three surgeries on each knee, four surgeries on my back, two on my right arm, three abdominal surgeries, one crainiotomy, two cranial gamma treatments, multiple eye surgeries (none cosmetic), several broken bones over the years, plus all the normal childhood things.  The freakiest for me was when they had to do the steroid injections into my eyeball for bleeding around the optic nerve.  Nothing like a hypodermic needle aimed at your eyeball to get you a little nervous.  BTW I trust you had a good time at the show as well?

Are you still alive?

I'm not quite dead!
FUKIT

bekessler

« Reply #3751 on: June 25, 2012, 10:21:56 am »
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, please.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3752 on: June 25, 2012, 11:07:28 am »
Thanks very much for bringing Face to Face to the U Street Music Hall. Great show. And sorry for there being a "BUT", but $5 for bottles of water? Really? I understand that you have to make money, but if you're going to charge that much you may want to change the name to the Sahara Club or Death Valley Ballroom.

hutch

« Reply #3753 on: June 25, 2012, 03:16:55 pm »
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, please.

yah..this has to happen... DC was always a big town for them..

eltee

« Reply #3754 on: June 25, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »
I asked for them a couple years ago on their last tour - would love to see them. My first show at the new club - so much fun.

eltee

« Reply #3755 on: June 25, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »
When Bloc Party decides to add US dates, please bring 'em, please and thanks.
Please Seth, don't let NYC have all the fun! http://live.blocparty.com/  :-*

hutch

« Reply #3756 on: June 25, 2012, 10:24:40 pm »
I asked for them a couple years ago on their last tour - would love to see them. My first show at the new club - so much fun.

they played ottobar last year in april..  made the trek cause i've missed them so much.. they were smokin'... good guys too.. at the time they talked of laying dc in the fall..but then they went off to europe...i find it hard to believe they are going to tour and not play DC...i'm sure something will turn up.

i was at that jsbx too.shortly after the 930 opened

eltee

« Reply #3757 on: June 26, 2012, 10:28:15 am »
I remember that too, as I posted my wish to Seth, but assumed they could not b/c they were off to Europe. Thanks for keep your ear to the ground for them.
___

THANKS Seth! (double points for Bloc Party! (9/16 & 9/17))

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3758 on: June 26, 2012, 07:22:25 pm »
I know it's a huge stretch since they are playing Jammin' Java these days, but Sloan is out doing one of my most favorite albums ever in it's entirely "Twice Removed" and it would be great to see them at the club once again.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #3759 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »
I know it's a huge stretch since they are playing Jammin' Java these days, but Sloan is out doing one of my most favorite albums ever in it's entirely "Twice Removed" and it would be great to see them at the club once again.

Its not a streatch...its insane.

I think the last time Sloan played the area it was the Rock and Roll Hotel by the way.. the time before that was Jammin Java.. the time before that was a sparsely attended Black Cat show I was at..

Their fans got old, had kids and stopped going to shows... by the way did you nab that vinyl only official bootleg?I'm waiting for mine ...

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3760 on: June 26, 2012, 10:32:01 pm »

+1
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #3761 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:55 pm »
get sloan to the u street hall!

also, thanks for jsbx!

now we just need guided by voices!

yes, i'm a 90s guy...what can i say...

also thanks for the afghans and the jesus and the mary chain..

honestly its almost too much

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3762 on: June 27, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »
triple bill of presidents of the united states / seven mary three / veruca salt . . . for hutch

brennser

« Reply #3763 on: June 28, 2012, 01:17:35 pm »
would love a U St FOTL show  ;D

This! This! This! This!

And thank you for Omar Souleyman/Dengue Fever. That was fun.

Hey Seth.. Can you please bring Future of the Left to DC.  They're last two headlining shows were DC9 and RNRH, they deserve a better venue.  Maybe U-Hall.

They're doing an (as of now) one-off in New York on June 17th I believe with plenty of room after that, as far as i can tell.

brennser

« Reply #3764 on: June 28, 2012, 01:18:09 pm »
Did we ever get that Afghan Whigs show squared away?  ;D
Thank you  ;D