Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759839 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #3975 on: February 02, 2013, 12:51:05 pm »
Of course you would.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3976 on: February 02, 2013, 12:51:42 pm »
Atomic, when you get a chance, you may want to peruse through this thread. Think this is the one that I was looking for. It's rather enlightening. There's much more to our contempt of FSS than meets the eye.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3977 on: February 02, 2013, 02:09:23 pm »
they are so loud . . . i don't understand super loud live.  to me it hides out the talent, and who wants that.  plus if you bring a new person with you to the show, to introduce them to this here band you like, they won't go back.

killsaly

« Reply #3978 on: February 02, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »
I doubt many people are going to see MBV on a whim.

Maybe a friend has an extra ticket, but unless the friend is an ass, they will warn them to use EARPLUGS.  Its what they are for. 

As for super loud, why not?  It definitely hasnt hid the talent of any "loud" band that I have seen.  The Vandelles, A Place to Bury Strangers, Ceremony, Screen Vinyl Image, Swans; (just to name a few off of the top of my head) sounded GREAT super loud.  Maybe I am a cheater though.  I have a pair of the Westone Etymotic ER-25 earplugs.  The bring the volume down a bit, protect my hearing, and leave everything sounded clear.
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/etymotic-er-25-filter-clear-pair.html
Etymotic filters feature a flat frequency response that allows musicians to hear their performance accurately while providing hearing protection. Etymotic ER-25 Filters provide 25 dB of essentially flat sound reduction from 125 Hz through 8 kHz. Westone recommends the ER-25 filter for situations where the ER-15 does not provide enough hearing protection.
Those were recommended by an audiologist after I developed tinnitus a few years ago (took around 6 months to go away).  They have made my concert goings a lot better, I dont know how i lived with out them.  Now I can do super loud, and I can still Feel the music, hear it perfect, and not go deaf.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3979 on: February 02, 2013, 02:30:24 pm »
oh you and your cheating earplugs.  earplugs, weak . . . no hearing until the next day, strong.

atomicfront

« Reply #3980 on: February 02, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »
I doubt many people are going to see MBV on a whim.

Maybe a friend has an extra ticket, but unless the friend is an ass, they will warn them to use EARPLUGS.  Its what they are for. 

As for super loud, why not?  It definitely hasnt hid the talent of any "loud" band that I have seen.  The Vandelles, A Place to Bury Strangers, Ceremony, Screen Vinyl Image, Swans; (just to name a few off of the top of my head) sounded GREAT super loud.  Maybe I am a cheater though.  I have a pair of the Westone Etymotic ER-25 earplugs.  The bring the volume down a bit, protect my hearing, and leave everything sounded clear.
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/etymotic-er-25-filter-clear-pair.html
Etymotic filters feature a flat frequency response that allows musicians to hear their performance accurately while providing hearing protection. Etymotic ER-25 Filters provide 25 dB of essentially flat sound reduction from 125 Hz through 8 kHz. Westone recommends the ER-25 filter for situations where the ER-15 does not provide enough hearing protection.
Those were recommended by an audiologist after I developed tinnitus a few years ago (took around 6 months to go away).  They have made my concert goings a lot better, I dont know how i lived with out them.  Now I can do super loud, and I can still Feel the music, hear it perfect, and not go deaf.

if you have to wear ear plugs to enjoy a band I would just stay home.  reminds me of how bad jesus and mary chain were again.  I haven't seen my bloody valentine.  I loved them when they first came out.  I think their sound is dated now but I might go see them if they came around.  But if they play so loud to destroy hearing I will skip. 

atomicfront

« Reply #3981 on: February 02, 2013, 03:40:13 pm »
Of course you would.

yeah i rather would not drive an hour and a half each way to see a show.  Rams head is about 20 minutes from my house.  Lyric probably 10 minutes.  There should be more shows at the lyric.   Definitely ideal place for me.   Well recher is even closer but in the rare occasion someone decent plays there I am out of town.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3982 on: February 02, 2013, 04:06:36 pm »
It is not time yet to announce Belle & Sebastian with Yo La Tengo at MPP

azaghal1981

« Reply #3983 on: February 02, 2013, 04:23:31 pm »
Holy shit. Thanks.
It is not time yet to announce Belle & Sebastian with Yo La Tengo at MPP
احمد

wml7

« Reply #3984 on: February 02, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »
First time seeing MBV was at the National.  It was super loud and amazing.  I was right there up front next to the speaker.  Now some bands they can be loud as shit and just sound all distorted and awful.  However that show the sound was just great.  Like I said before you could feel the reverberations picking you off the floor when they did the holocaust section of You Made Me Realize.  Simply exhilarating   ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #3985 on: February 02, 2013, 04:51:41 pm »
Right. It was loud but crisp. More a full body multi-sensory loud if that makes sense.

احمد

killsaly

« Reply #3986 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:23 pm »
if you have to wear ear plugs to enjoy a band I would just stay home.  reminds me of how bad jesus and mary chain were again.  I haven't seen my bloody valentine.  I loved them when they first came out.  I think their sound is dated now but I might go see them if they came around.  But if they play so loud to destroy hearing I will skip. 
Well then I guess its a good thing you arent a fan of the same kind of music as me.  ANY rock show can get too loud.  Maybe not a coffee house set, but anything at the 930 Club, Black Cat, Rock and Roll Hotel, MPP, Velvet, and every other rock venue has the ability to get "too loud".  No matter the style.  I take it your DO wear earplugs to shows? 

Also why would you contradict yourself in your own reply?  You would NOT go to a show that you would need earplugs, but then you say you would go see MBV if they come around, which you will DEFINITELY need earplugs? 

But if they play too loud you will skip?  Of course they will play too loud that is their "thing."

oh you and your cheating earplugs.  earplugs, weak . . . no hearing until the next day, strong.
If I dont need them, I leave them out.  They dont muffle the sound or anything, they just make it more enjoyable for me in the long term. 

Right. It was loud but crisp. More a full body multi-sensory loud if that makes sense.
That is exactly why I love loud sets, but with earplugs.  I love feeling the music through my soul. 

Also, Hey Seth, Placebo would be a great show, the next time they tour.

hutch

« Reply #3987 on: February 02, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »
reminds me of how bad jesus and mary chain were again. 

uncanny how you're reminded  of that every single day on this board by just about anything...and then for some reason you feel you must  "remind" everyone else!.. serious obsession not to mention delusion! Its like you need to have the last word but not just once...TEN times! :)

Seth, I'd love another Jon Spencer Blues Explosion show in DC if possible at some point...

atomicfront

« Reply #3988 on: February 02, 2013, 07:52:59 pm »
Well then I guess its a good thing you arent a fan of the same kind of music as me.  ANY rock show can get too loud.  Maybe not a coffee house set, but anything at the 930 Club, Black Cat, Rock and Roll Hotel, MPP, Velvet, and every other rock venue has the ability to get "too loud".  No matter the style.  I take it your DO wear earplugs to shows? 

Also why would you contradict yourself in your own reply?  You would NOT go to a show that you would need earplugs, but then you say you would go see MBV if they come around, which you will DEFINITELY need earplugs? 

But if they play too loud you will skip?  Of course they will play too loud that is their "thing."

If I dont need them, I leave them out.  They dont muffle the sound or anything, they just make it more enjoyable for me in the long term. 

That is exactly why I love loud sets, but with earplugs.  I love feeling the music through my soul. 

Also, Hey Seth, Placebo would be a great show, the next time they tour.

Funny how you say I don't like the same type of music as you and then you ask for placebo.  I saw them at the 930 club as an opener.  I think I like most of the same music as you. From what you mention at least.  I like most of the Baltimore scene plus I like Screen Vinyl Image and Place to Bury Strangeers.   But whatever.  I am not wearing ear plugs that is stupid. I won't see MBV as everyone is saying they are super loud.  I want to hear music when I am older so I am not going to lose my hearing for a band who hasn't put out anything in the last 20 years. 

Oh and Belle and Sebastian at MPP is great news.  I am suprised so many people on here like them as I thought most of you guys had shit taste.  ;D

atomicfront

« Reply #3989 on: February 02, 2013, 07:55:35 pm »
reminds me of how bad jesus and mary chain were again. 

uncanny how you're reminded  of that every single day on this board by just about anything...and then for some reason you feel you must  "remind" everyone else!.. serious obsession not to mention delusion! Its like you need to have the last word but not just once...TEN times! :)

Seth, I'd love another Jon Spencer Blues Explosion show in DC if possible at some point...

You know this reminds me whatever happened to the band Brassy?  They were so good and featured Jon Spencer's sister.  You know the one with talent in the family.