Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760299 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4035 on: February 21, 2013, 05:19:40 pm »
oh ok let me drive 70 miles on the frickin' beltway to buy the tickets at MPP and save on charges...

so you're saying that getting tickets in person is a pain?  that's it's a waste of time, and that your time is valuable?  so valuable that you'd be willing to pay to not have to do this, to be able to get tickets from the comfort of your own home?

oh I see..so any fee is ok by this reasoning? heck i guess they could charge $200 if it was a concert on the west coast as its worth $200, right? Otherwise I'd have to buy a plane ticket to fly out there and get them in person

a limited handling/service fee is fine.... a $10 fee on a $25 ticket is not fine even if it is more "convenient" than driving into DC and picking them up in person.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4036 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:07 pm »
oh ok let me drive 70 miles on the frickin' beltway to buy the tickets at MPP and save on charges...

so you're saying that getting tickets in person is a pain?  that's it's a waste of time, and that your time is valuable?  so valuable that you'd be willing to pay to not have to do this, to be able to get tickets from the comfort of your own home?

i see what you did there.

atomicfront

« Reply #4037 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06:38 pm »

oh I see..so any fee is ok by this reasoning? heck i guess they could charge $200 if it was a concert on the west coast as its worth $200, right? Otherwise I'd have to buy a plane ticket to fly out there and get them in person

a limited handling/service fee is fine.... a $10 fee on a $25 ticket is not fine even if it is more "convenient" than driving into DC and picking them up in person.

Well final cost of the ticket is what should influence your decision.  25 ticket with 10 dollar of fees is still less than a 40 dollar ticket with no fees.  But when a show is cancelled and they don't give you back the fees that should be illegal.  I think everyone would be happier if they just said tickets were a price and that is what you paid.  All the extra fees pisses people off and I have backed out of ticket purchases because of high fees, convience charges, print at home fees, processing fees.  It is ridiculous and I am sure it hurts the venues.   I am sure everyone would just rather everyone see the price was 35 dollars than see the price is 25 dollars and 10 dollar fees.    The government should start charging the concert industry with a lot of crimes. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4039 on: February 21, 2013, 06:15:47 pm »

Well final cost of the ticket is what should influence your decision.  25 ticket with 10 dollar of fees is still less than a 40 dollar ticket with no fees.  But when a show is cancelled and they don't give you back the fees that should be illegal.  I think everyone would be happier if they just said tickets were a price and that is what you paid.  All the extra fees pisses people off and I have backed out of ticket purchases because of high fees, convience charges, print at home fees, processing fees.  It is ridiculous and I am sure it hurts the venues.   I am sure everyone would just rather everyone see the price was 35 dollars than see the price is 25 dollars and 10 dollar fees.    The government should start charging the concert industry with a lot of crimes. 

Illegal?  They still performed the service for which the fees were charged.  If you go to a show and drink six drinks before the show starts and then the show gets cancelled because of a power outage (for example), you don't get a refund for the drinks you had.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #4040 on: February 21, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »
I agree. They should roll the "fees" into the face value.

Part of these fees go to the concert act and the venue anyways.. they are not kept by the agent providing the "service" so to say the fees are for a service is just a lie. They are not charging $10 on the Breeders for a "service".. they are simply grabbing some extra cash and - likely, I don't know how IMP does its business- giving some to the promoter (IMP) and maybe even some to the act (Breeders).

atomicfront

« Reply #4041 on: February 21, 2013, 07:53:25 pm »

Illegal?  They still performed the service for which the fees were charged.  If you go to a show and drink six drinks before the show starts and then the show gets cancelled because of a power outage (for example), you don't get a refund for the drinks you had.

I actually get the six drinks i would have consumed.   I shouldn't have to pay for a performance that did not occur.  The venue is the one who is using the ticketing agency.  I did not pick them.  If they don't have the performance they need to refund my money.   All of my money.  They are making money off of me.  I will say when I bought tickets at Black Cat for Echo and the Bunnymen and they cancelled they gave me all my money back.  So some venues do give you all your money back and others commit fraud. 

atomicfront

« Reply #4042 on: February 21, 2013, 07:54:40 pm »

Part of these fees go to the concert act and the venue anyways.. they are not kept by the agent providing the "service" so to say the fees are for a service is just a lie. They are not charging $10 on the Breeders for a "service".. they are simply grabbing some extra cash and - likely, I don't know how IMP does its business- giving some to the promoter (IMP) and maybe even some to the act (Breeders).

I am sure most of the money goes to the promoter. I doubt the breeders get any of that money. 

hutch

« Reply #4043 on: February 21, 2013, 08:21:44 pm »

I am sure most of the money goes to the promoter. I doubt the breeders get any of that money. 

I think it depends on the venue but even if that is so isn't it the same thing?
The venue books an act based on what it thinks it can make..it adds the ticket fee revenue to its estimate so its the same thing really..

hutch

« Reply #4044 on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:52 pm »
One thing is for sure: Seth is laughing his ass off

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4045 on: February 21, 2013, 08:52:37 pm »

I actually get the six drinks i would have consumed.   I shouldn't have to pay for a performance that did not occur.  The venue is the one who is using the ticketing agency.  I did not pick them.  If they don't have the performance they need to refund my money.   All of my money.  They are making money off of me.  I will say when I bought tickets at Black Cat for Echo and the Bunnymen and they cancelled they gave me all my money back.  So some venues do give you all your money back and others commit fraud. 

You actually were provided a service by the ticket company of processing you order etc.  You get the ticket price back which was to pay for the performance you did not get.  The ticket agency is the one providing the service to you and they get paid for that service they provided to YOU.  So since you didn't pick the DMV as the place to register your car and get your driver's license you should not have to pay for their services, yeah that's great logic.
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #4046 on: February 21, 2013, 09:05:05 pm »

You actually were provided a service by the ticket company of processing you order etc.  You get the ticket price back which was to pay for the performance you did not get.  The ticket agency is the one providing the service to you and they get paid for that service they provided to YOU.  So since you didn't pick the DMV as the place to register your car and get your driver's license you should not have to pay for their services, yeah that's great logic.

you have zero logic comprehension.  no wonder you have such stupid politcal views.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4047 on: February 21, 2013, 09:08:49 pm »
97.25% sure you can buy MPP tickets at 930, too.

And (holy fuck I am saying this) Ratbastard is right.
Ticketing agency did their part by offering you the service they offer so you are not entitled to anything they get. That said, promoter and maybe the band do get a good sized chunk of that fee.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4048 on: February 21, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »
Pro-Tip there is a reason why we have a F.A.Q. forum here...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #4049 on: February 21, 2013, 09:30:12 pm »
nevermind
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:40:54 pm by hutch »