Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760478 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4050 on: February 22, 2013, 01:19:10 am »
oh ok let me drive 70 miles on the frickin' beltway to buy the tickets at MPP and save on charges...

so you're saying that getting tickets in person is a pain?  that's it's a waste of time, and that your time is valuable?  so valuable that you'd be willing to pay to not have to do this, to be able to get tickets from the comfort of your own home?

oh I see..so any fee is ok by this reasoning? heck i guess they could charge $200 if it was a concert on the west coast as its worth $200, right? Otherwise I'd have to buy a plane ticket to fly out there and get them in person

a limited handling/service fee is fine.... a $10 fee on a $25 ticket is not fine even if it is more "convenient" than driving into DC and picking them up in person.

Well final cost of the ticket is what should influence your decision.  25 ticket with 10 dollar of fees is still less than a 40 dollar ticket with no fees.  But when a show is cancelled and they don't give you back the fees that should be illegal.  I think everyone would be happier if they just said tickets were a price and that is what you paid.  All the extra fees pisses people off and I have backed out of ticket purchases because of high fees, convience charges, print at home fees, processing fees.  It is ridiculous and I am sure it hurts the venues.   I am sure everyone would just rather everyone see the price was 35 dollars than see the price is 25 dollars and 10 dollar fees.    The government should start charging the concert industry with a lot of crimes. 

Illegal?  They still performed the service for which the fees were charged.  If you go to a show and drink six drinks before the show starts and then the show gets cancelled because of a power outage (for example), you don't get a refund for the drinks you had.

I actually get the six drinks i would have consumed.   I shouldn't have to pay for a performance that did not occur.  The venue is the one who is using the ticketing agency.  I did not pick them.  If they don't have the performance they need to refund my money.   All of my money.  They are making money off of me.  I will say when I bought tickets at Black Cat for Echo and the Bunnymen and they cancelled they gave me all my money back.  So some venues do give you all your money back and others commit fraud. 

You actually were provided a service by the ticket company of processing you order etc.  You get the ticket price back which was to pay for the performance you did not get.  The ticket agency is the one providing the service to you and they get paid for that service they provided to YOU.  So since you didn't pick the DMV as the place to register your car and get your driver's license you should not have to pay for their services, yeah that's great logic.

you have zero logic comprehension.  no wonder you have such stupid politcal views.

So now it is illogical to think that when ticketmaster provides the ticketing services they should get paid.  Oh how could I ever forget, they are the big bad ugly monster and no one that works there deserves to get paid cause they are working for the evil man.  It amazes me that left wing nut job liberals think that they ought to have the government give them everything for free (in other words make someone else pay their way in society), they want a job with pay 3-5 times what their job is worth and not be held accountable for their work production in order to keep their job, and at the same time they want everyone else to work for free so they don't have to pay their way for the crap the government doesn't already  give them at someone else's expense.  Must be some damn good drugs you people do that's all I can figure.  No wonder those folks voted for Bammy, that is his plan for the country in a nutshell.  Give the lazy people who have made poor choices in life everything for free and curse anyone who has worked hard and planned for their future.  They must be evil to have been so successful and as a penalty they have to give back what they rightfully earned so these lazy poor planners can be paid to vote for him.
FUKIT

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4051 on: February 22, 2013, 08:50:22 am »
These are the rantings of a mentally ill person. 

I truly pity you.  It must suck to be so delusional and paranoid.

atomicfront

« Reply #4052 on: February 22, 2013, 10:42:50 am »
oh ok let me drive 70 miles on the frickin' beltway to buy the tickets at MPP and save on charges...

so you're saying that getting tickets in person is a pain?  that's it's a waste of time, and that your time is valuable?  so valuable that you'd be willing to pay to not have to do this, to be able to get tickets from the comfort of your own home?

oh I see..so any fee is ok by this reasoning? heck i guess they could charge $200 if it was a concert on the west coast as its worth $200, right? Otherwise I'd have to buy a plane ticket to fly out there and get them in person

a limited handling/service fee is fine.... a $10 fee on a $25 ticket is not fine even if it is more "convenient" than driving into DC and picking them up in person.

Well final cost of the ticket is what should influence your decision.  25 ticket with 10 dollar of fees is still less than a 40 dollar ticket with no fees.  But when a show is cancelled and they don't give you back the fees that should be illegal.  I think everyone would be happier if they just said tickets were a price and that is what you paid.  All the extra fees pisses people off and I have backed out of ticket purchases because of high fees, convience charges, print at home fees, processing fees.  It is ridiculous and I am sure it hurts the venues.   I am sure everyone would just rather everyone see the price was 35 dollars than see the price is 25 dollars and 10 dollar fees.    The government should start charging the concert industry with a lot of crimes. 

Illegal?  They still performed the service for which the fees were charged.  If you go to a show and drink six drinks before the show starts and then the show gets cancelled because of a power outage (for example), you don't get a refund for the drinks you had.

I actually get the six drinks i would have consumed.   I shouldn't have to pay for a performance that did not occur.  The venue is the one who is using the ticketing agency.  I did not pick them.  If they don't have the performance they need to refund my money.   All of my money.  They are making money off of me.  I will say when I bought tickets at Black Cat for Echo and the Bunnymen and they cancelled they gave me all my money back.  So some venues do give you all your money back and others commit fraud. 

You actually were provided a service by the ticket company of processing you order etc.  You get the ticket price back which was to pay for the performance you did not get.  The ticket agency is the one providing the service to you and they get paid for that service they provided to YOU.  So since you didn't pick the DMV as the place to register your car and get your driver's license you should not have to pay for their services, yeah that's great logic.

you have zero logic comprehension.  no wonder you have such stupid politcal views.

So now it is illogical to think that when ticketmaster provides the ticketing services they should get paid.  Oh how could I ever forget, they are the big bad ugly monster and no one that works there deserves to get paid cause they are working for the evil man.  It amazes me that left wing nut job liberals think that they ought to have the government give them everything for free (in other words make someone else pay their way in society), they want a job with pay 3-5 times what their job is worth and not be held accountable for their work production in order to keep their job, and at the same time they want everyone else to work for free so they don't have to pay their way for the crap the government doesn't already  give them at someone else's expense.  Must be some damn good drugs you people do that's all I can figure.  No wonder those folks voted for Bammy, that is his plan for the country in a nutshell.  Give the lazy people who have made poor choices in life everything for free and curse anyone who has worked hard and planned for their future.  They must be evil to have been so successful and as a penalty they have to give back what they rightfully earned so these lazy poor planners can be paid to vote for him.

You know you are the one with all the freaking health problems.  I eat healthy and I exercise and I don't smoke and I drink alcohol regularly and I have been lucky enough to not have health problems.  You have all sorts of health problems that cost others a ton of money.  I don't know if that is because of your life choices or not.  But the rest of society is paying for your health problems.  I am guessing if you had to pay for your health problems on your own you would not be able to.  How hard is it for you to understand that society is taking care of you?  Health Insurance is a social program.  Thankfully for myself I contribute large sums of money and go to the doctor once a year for a check-up.  But I am happy to do so.  I could be next but also I don't want people to go without health care.  I don't want people to go hungry so I glad that my taxes go for food stamps. It is part of being in society.  If you don't want to part of a society go move to Montana and live in a cabin without electricity

And ticketmaster is not providing me with any service if there is no freaking show.  They are actually providing a service for the venue.  Not for me.   They have contracted with the venue to provide ticket sales for them.  If I buy tickets off a site like stubhub and the venue or the promoter has not listed the tickets there themselves than stubhub is providing me with a service. 

If I pre-order a video game and then the video game manufacture doesn't put out the game do you think the video store won't refund my deposit? 

K8teebug

« Reply #4053 on: February 22, 2013, 10:51:16 am »
You must have zero problems if you spend this much time complaining about ticket fees.

In the grand scheme of life, is 10 dollars really that big of a deal?  I've wasted that much money on shots in my 20's.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4054 on: February 22, 2013, 10:52:37 am »
ok - please move over to the "Hey Seth - Commentary" thread unless you are making a request for a specific show
T.Rex

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #4055 on: February 22, 2013, 01:28:32 pm »
or we can talk about lots of things, but enough of this

hutch

« Reply #4056 on: February 22, 2013, 02:11:02 pm »
THE HAMMER

Go Ravens!

Jerrinna

« Reply #4057 on: February 22, 2013, 02:14:00 pm »
Stone Roses....please!  or are they really just doing Coachella and no other US dates..

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4059 on: February 25, 2013, 02:33:25 pm »
Hey Seth - The "Food Food" t-shirts are great!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4060 on: February 25, 2013, 02:42:09 pm »
Nine Inch Nails are touring in the fall... sounds like they might already have booked the tour, so hopefully either you've already got them or can sneak on in there.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4061 on: February 25, 2013, 05:12:36 pm »
Nine Inch Nails are touring in the fall... sounds like they might already have booked the tour, so hopefully either you've already got them or can sneak on in there.

Seth definitely missed this one and they won't be playing anywhere near the mid-Atlantic.
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #4062 on: February 25, 2013, 08:09:38 pm »
Seth definitely missed this one and they won't be playing anywhere near the mid-Atlantic.
Source?  I havent seen any dates or locations listed.

vansmack

« Reply #4063 on: February 26, 2013, 08:56:43 pm »

I was mocking sweetcell for feeling the need to inform Seth that NIN was touring again.  I'm sure Seth has known this for sometime and will please you all.  When was the last time he let you all down in regards to an event of this magnitude?
27>34

wml7

« Reply #4064 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »

I was mocking sweetcell for feeling the need to inform Seth that NIN was touring again.  I'm sure Seth has known this for sometime and will please you all.  When was the last time he let you all down in regards to an event of this magnitude?

First show announced
http://www.rock-n-heim.com/
 ;D