Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760429 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4065 on: February 27, 2013, 12:38:30 am »
Clutch have a few holes in their tour that DC could fit into nicely.
احمد

reggie

« Reply #4066 on: February 27, 2013, 01:00:09 pm »
some straight up clown stuff in this thread. let's continue talking about Blur, New Order, and the Stone Roses though.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4067 on: February 27, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »
I'd rather see Peter Hook & the Light perform New Order stuff than watch No Order. It's not New Order without their fundamental ingredient: Peter.

Please get the Stone Roses here. Blur would be cool again too, but the Roses would be so great.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4068 on: February 27, 2013, 01:33:53 pm »
some straight up clown stuff in this thread. let's continue talking about Blur, New Order, and the Stone Roses though.

because 930 is the only venue that seth books at.

James Ford

« Reply #4069 on: February 27, 2013, 03:09:23 pm »
Never clicked on this thread before. Never knew who Seth MacFarlane was until I watched the Oscars. Put two and two together, so just now clicked on the thread. But it's not about him, so never mind.

reggie

« Reply #4070 on: February 27, 2013, 03:26:00 pm »
I'd rather see Peter Hook & the Light perform New Order stuff than watch No Order. It's not New Order without their fundamental ingredient: Peter.

Please get the Stone Roses here. Blur would be cool again too, but the Roses would be so great.

i saw a few youtube videos of Peter Hook performing New Order and some of it is good, some of it is really bad. He sings like a muppet. His voice is better suited for Joy Division songs.

Anyway, Hooky is taking the New Order tour to the States sometime this year, so I would expect another 930 club show since he's seems to enjoy playing here.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4071 on: February 27, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »
i thought you were calling blur, stone roses, and new order clown suggestions.

i'm now realizing you were talking about the rest of the nonsense.

hutch

« Reply #4072 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:44 pm »

i saw a few youtube videos of Peter Hook performing New Order and some of it is good, some of it is really bad. He sings like a muppet. His voice is better suited for Joy Division songs.

Anyway, Hooky is taking the New Order tour to the States sometime this year, so I would expect another 930 club show since he's seems to enjoy playing here.

Except attendance wasn't so hot for his second Joy Division show at the 930 so...... maybe U St. Hall

Moreover, Hook BARELY played bass at the second JD show... he had his son play the bass.... so if you are seeing Peter Hook live don't expect him to even play the bass as he needs to concentrate on "singing"

I consider myself a New Order expert... and while Peter Hook is an essential ingredient the voice is Bernard Sumner.. to hear New Order songs with somebody else singing.... that makes no sense to me... and if you see New Order you're also getting Gillian and Stephen Morris... If you love New Order everyone is essential in the end.

I'd rather see New Order even without his bass... which can pretty easily be replicated.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4073 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:52 am »
I'd rather see New Order even without his bass... which can pretty easily be replicated.

I don't think it can be easily replicated. To me, his bass lines in both New Order and Joy Division are iconic. Bernard Sumner is always so bored performing live anyway. The most entertaining part of seeing New Order was watching Peter Hook.

hutch

« Reply #4074 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:10 am »

I don't think it can be easily replicated. To me, his bass lines in both New Order and Joy Division are iconic. Bernard Sumner is always so bored performing live anyway. The most entertaining part of seeing New Order was watching Peter Hook.

They are so hard to replicate that his son plays them....

The bass lines are a major part of the New Order sound...coming up with that approach was an act of genius... playing them over and over again is not. Moreover, a lot of the bass lines are both simple and repeated in song after song.

The bass lines are a key ingredient in New Order but without the rest of the music I should think everyone could agree those bass lines would be fairly boring.

I love Peter Hook and am very sorry that he is no longer in New Order but honestly the dust up seems to have more to do with him than anything else and I felt a bit cheated seeing him last year when he hardly touched his bass.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:36:44 am by hutch »

bearman🐻

« Reply #4075 on: February 28, 2013, 09:41:59 am »
Fair points, but teaching your son (who likely got some pretty key technique pointers from dad over a good time span) and having some hired gun learn to perform are different. Simple bass parts? I think they're deceiving in their simplicity, but execution is slightly more complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOsL16fcBXs

reggie

« Reply #4076 on: February 28, 2013, 11:39:31 am »
I saw New Order in New York five months ago or so and it was awesome without Hooky. They don't need him to go on.

hutch

« Reply #4077 on: March 01, 2013, 10:29:55 pm »
Seth, could you look into booking a Sparks show in DC? I don' think they've played here in many decades and this may be it....they're putting together some US dates I understand

thanks as always and keep on keepin' on!

azaghal1981

« Reply #4078 on: March 02, 2013, 02:26:59 pm »
I saw an LA date listed.
احمد

azaghal1981

احمد