Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760060 times)

atomicfront

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4200 on: June 18, 2013, 10:11:39 am »
ask for black sabbath . . . get travis

That sounds like a very pleasant suprise.

atomicfront

« Reply #4201 on: June 18, 2013, 10:14:14 am »
Freefest lineup typically contains an American act well past their prime. Since they are a Britpop act well past their prime, I'm putting money on it being a $35 show at the 9:30.

Hey Seth,

Travis announced dates for September.  Where is our DC show? :P

Yeah Seth, Where is our Travis show?

coming

thanks!   ;D

(wondering if it will be at Freefest...)

Well usually the artists are 40 years past their prime. Travis is only 12 years past their prime.  Although I have never seen them and would be happy to go to their show no matter where it were held.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #4202 on: June 18, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »
I am very grateful for the Savages show in September.  :)

James Ford

« Reply #4203 on: June 18, 2013, 08:03:59 pm »

K8teebug

« Reply #4204 on: June 19, 2013, 08:45:05 am »
THANK YOU for Savages!!!

hutch

« Reply #4205 on: June 20, 2013, 08:09:02 am »
so i take it for the Franz Ferdinand Strathmore show its 58.50 for all tickets for a Thursday night show , the Tower in Philly is 30 for all tickets for a Saturday night show and people who buy tickets for the Tower get the free digital copy of the new album and Strathmore buyers don't (I don't see any mention of it)?

You know I love you Seth but I got to say that is pushing it a bit even for me Seth.. doesn't seem like we're really friends after all!  :D

azaghal1981

« Reply #4206 on: June 20, 2013, 09:10:10 am »
Hey, Seth, how about Dave Chappelle?

Hey Seth,

If not Dave solo can we tag a date onto this?

Oddball Comedy & Curiority Festival will hit 13 cities

Dave Chappelle is making a grand return this summer alongside Flight of the Conchords for the Oddball Comedy & Curiosity touring festival. Presented by Funny or Die and Live Nation, the traveling show will launch in Austin, Texas on August 23 and wrap up in Phoenix, Arizona on September 22, hitting 13 cities in total. As the promo clip above advertises, the fest will feature not one "butt" two stages, plus street performers, freaks, psychics, vendors, and a bunch of comedians.

Among those other billed performers are Demetri Martin and Al Madrigal (The Daily Show), Eric Andre's right hand Hannibal Buress (also Chance the Rapper's pal), Kristen Schaal of 30 Rock, Saturday Night Live writer John Mulaney (responsible for Stefon), Whitney's Chris D'Elia, Brody Steven, and Jim Jefferies. More have yet to be announced. Chappelle has been famously reclusive since Chappelle's Show went off the air. He's mostly performed impromptu, conversational shows since.

The Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival:

August 23 - Austin, TX @ austin360 Amphitheater
August 24 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
August 25 - Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion
August 30 - Pittsburgh, PA @ First Niagara Pavilion
August 31 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
September 1 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
September 6 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center
September 7 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
September 8 - Mansfield, MA @ Comcast Center
September 13 - Denver, CO @ Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
September 15 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
September 20 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater
September 22 - Phoenix, AZ @ Desert Sky Pavilion

http://www.spin.com/articles/dave-chappelle-tour-flight-of-the-conchords-funny-or-die/?utm_source=spinfacebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spinfacebook

If that happens, it will be at the Lube. Evil Nation tour.
احمد

wml7

« Reply #4207 on: June 20, 2013, 09:12:30 am »
so i take it for the Franz Ferdinand Strathmore show its 58.50 for all tickets for a Thursday night show , the Tower in Philly is 30 for all tickets for a Saturday night show and people who buy tickets for the Tower get the free digital copy of the new album and Strathmore buyers don't (I don't see any mention of it)?

You know I love you Seth but I got to say that is pushing it a bit even for me Seth.. doesn't seem like we're really friends after all!  :D

The strathmore show comes with a free latin rock mp3 download.
 ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4208 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:42 am »
i'm fairly certain that the Strathmore is a lot more expensive to rent vs. the Tower, which may even be owned by the promoter.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4209 on: June 20, 2013, 09:58:39 am »
I can't say I'm a fan of Franz Ferdinand, but that seems like a terrible kind of show to see at the Strathmore.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4210 on: June 20, 2013, 10:04:03 am »
I can't say I'm a fan of Franz Ferdinand, but that seems like a terrible kind of show to see at the Strathmore.

it's pretty awesome if you live in rockville ;D
<sig>

bearman🐻

« Reply #4211 on: June 20, 2013, 10:51:54 am »

I'd compare it to like seeing Interpol at DAR. It was Ok, but didn't have the same energy as a club. Some bands just really benefit from people being able to move around and dance. I'd put FF in that category, but maybe I'll be wrong and it'll be an excellent show.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4212 on: June 20, 2013, 11:03:19 am »
If you can get Travis, can you also get Ocean Colour Scene? New album is very good...
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #4213 on: June 20, 2013, 11:06:40 am »
If you can get Travis, can you also get Ocean Colour Scene? New album is very good...

Ocean Colour Scene are still around? I saw them in Manchester in 1990.

hutch

« Reply #4214 on: June 20, 2013, 11:56:00 am »
i'm fairly certain that the Strathmore is a lot more expensive to rent vs. the Tower, which may even be owned by the promoter.

sure... maybe then Seth should rent something else?

well I'm passing on tickets at this price.. I don't like to get jacked.

when I said I knew it would be little more I didn't mean fucking $60... and to add insult no new album download...fuck that.