Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760364 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4395 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:38 am »
At this point, if QOTSA actually play a DC show I predict DFA1979 will fold in upon himself forming a black hole that destroys all civilization.
It's been 8 years! Let me have this!
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #4396 on: October 15, 2013, 10:13:16 am »
Any chance for a Phosphorescent show around the time of their NYC-area shows in the middle of December?

They have only done one area show since their new record, which was right after it came out in March at the RnR Hotel (which sold out).  I bet they would be a decent draw given that they haven't been back since then. 

I second this!

eros

« Reply #4397 on: October 15, 2013, 10:36:48 am »
And I can only assume if he's that excited for QOTSA, a Smashing Pumpkins concert would cause him to full on lose his mind since he's apparently such a big fan he has two of their song titles in his name.

I wonder if he was around for the show these two played together in 1999.
ʎɐʍou

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4398 on: October 15, 2013, 10:38:43 am »
I thought QOTSA was touring with NIN...maybe that's just Australia.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4399 on: October 15, 2013, 11:02:28 am »
And I can only assume if he's that excited for QOTSA, a Smashing Pumpkins concert would cause him to full on lose his mind since he's apparently such a big fan he has two of their song titles in his name.

I saw that show.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4400 on: October 15, 2013, 11:08:48 am »

I saw that show.
I saw 5 shows on that tour: Detroit (first show with Chamberlain back), Cincinatti, NYC, DC, Pittsburg. My first show at 9:30 incidentally. The Arising! tour was really awesome for alot of reasons, one being the original SP lineup for what was basically their last 9 shows, but also all the new songs that turned up on the Machina records. That material was so much better raw and not overly produced like on the records.

That tour is funny among SP fans in that QOTSA were pretty much boo'ed off the stage at the majority of that shows and Josh was double middle-fingering the fans a couple of nights, but 2 years later everyone name dropped QOTSA and that they saw them before anyone else.

I still have an autographed CD of that lineup of QOTSA somewhere. I thought they were great even not knowing any of their material walking in.
LVMH

eros

« Reply #4401 on: October 15, 2013, 11:15:32 am »

I saw that show.

Me too.  'twas excellent.
ʎɐʍou

bearman🐻

« Reply #4402 on: October 15, 2013, 11:29:09 am »

I saw that show.
I saw 5 shows on that tour: Detroit (first show with Chamberlain back), Cincinatti, NYC, DC, Pittsburg. My first show at 9:30 incidentally. The Arising! tour was really awesome for alot of reasons, one being the original SP lineup for what was basically their last 9 shows, but also all the new songs that turned up on the Machina records. That material was so much better raw and not overly produced like on the records.

That tour is funny among SP fans in that QOTSA were pretty much boo'ed off the stage at the majority of that shows and Josh was double middle-fingering the fans a couple of nights, but 2 years later everyone name dropped QOTSA and that they saw them before anyone else.

I still have an autographed CD of that lineup of QOTSA somewhere. I thought they were great even not knowing any of their material walking in.

Funny, I'm a HUGE QOTSA fan (duh) but I wasn't overly impressed with them. I thought they were good but not really fully formed. But when I saw them a few years later, it was just ridiculous how much they'd evolved. Even now, the iTunes Festival live EP they just released blows me away. The version of "In the Fade" they do is probably my favorite. And that was recorded merely weeks ago. They have had a truly great run for the last decade.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4403 on: October 15, 2013, 11:32:24 am »
I didn't think they were at their peak in 99. I saw them in 2000 right after Rated R came out and that was probably the best they were imo (that's my favorite record of theirs so that helps). I saw them about a billion times with Zwan and other touring in support of Songs For The Deaf. Think I've only seen them once after that. I was burnt out. If they play VA/DC, I'd go again at this point because it's been 7-8 years by my estimation.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4404 on: October 15, 2013, 11:55:56 am »

I saw that show.

Funny, I'm a HUGE QOTSA fan (duh) but I wasn't overly impressed with them. I thought they were good but not really fully formed. But when I saw them a few years later, it was just ridiculous how much they'd evolved. Even now, the iTunes Festival live EP they just released blows me away. The version of "In the Fade" they do is probably my favorite. And that was recorded merely weeks ago. They have had a truly great run for the last decade.
Shit I had no idea they released a live EP from that. Totally have to to pick that up!

The first time I had a chance to see them was at the Lollapalooza tour in '03 or '02 but I couldn't go. So I saw them at 930 when they were supporting Lullabies. I have that poster up in my room signed by all of them. Then at Verizon with NIN and DFA1979. Then at Rams Head for Era Vulgaris in '08 I believe. I wish they came around town when the re-released Rated R and toured on that.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4405 on: October 15, 2013, 05:27:33 pm »
http://www.deadmilkmen.com/

read that first part seth . . . the part that says THEY ARE FUCKING TOURING AGAIN

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4406 on: October 15, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »
Let's hope Seth doesn't announce Dead Milkmen and QOSTA shows on the same day, I fear half of the forum members will explode that day.
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #4407 on: October 15, 2013, 06:38:30 pm »
Let's hope Seth doesn't announce Dead Milkmen and QOSTA shows on the same day, I fear half of the forum members will explode that day.

I've seen both in the last couple years. I love the Dead Milkmen, but QOTSA are a better live band.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4408 on: October 30, 2013, 03:50:45 pm »
jello biafra is touring, as jello biafra.  that should be fun . . . at u street.

« Reply #4409 on: November 04, 2013, 05:12:09 pm »
Luscious Jackson
slack