Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759847 times)

City3

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4680 on: April 02, 2014, 04:31:35 pm »
Hey Seth!

Went to the Arcade Fire "after party" at Union Transfer after their Wells Fargo Center show. It was pretty kickass. Would love to see them have another one on home turf at the Club after Verizon Center.

Thanks  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4681 on: April 02, 2014, 04:49:06 pm »
Jamiroquai
Placebo
Aphex Twin

yes please!
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #4682 on: April 03, 2014, 08:29:00 pm »
The Cure

bearman🐻

« Reply #4683 on: April 07, 2014, 11:38:08 am »
I'm asking in the hopes that this is a realistic request...

Queens of the Stone Age are doing summer dates in July in the US. Any chance you can book them at Merriweather with a boardie/FWB presale?

emmanuel

« Reply #4684 on: April 07, 2014, 12:10:14 pm »
with a boardie/FWB presale?

While I don't care for QotSA, please no pre-, pre-pre- and pre-pre-pre sales. For shows at Verizon or similar, last time I checked there was up to 12 different pre-sales!! and the tickets I got on the official day of sale, at noon, were literally the last row. For the Nick Cave shows this summer, my observation is that literally half of the venue was sold before the "official" sale. Then why not sell all tickets at the "pre-sale" and call it a "sale"?

If it is the first two rows for the biggest fans, OK, but NOT half of the venue.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:12:07 pm by emmanuel »

hutch

« Reply #4685 on: April 07, 2014, 12:18:27 pm »
with a boardie/FWB presale?

While I don't care for QotSA, please no pre-, pre-pre- and pre-pre-pre sales. For shows at Verizon or similar, last time I checked there was up to 12 different pre-sales!! and the tickets I got on the official day of sale, at noon, were literally the last row. For the Nick Cave shows this summer, my observation is that literally half of the venue was sold before the "official" sale. Then why not sell all tickets at the "pre-sale" and call it a "sale"?

If it is the first two rows for the biggest fans, OK, but NOT half of the venue.

oh I don't know about that....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4686 on: April 07, 2014, 12:38:20 pm »
and the tickets I got on the official day of sale, at noon, were literally the last row.

that could be all that was available, or you had bad ticket mojo that day.  just because that's what you got doesn't mean that's all that was available to the public.

For the Nick Cave shows this summer, my observation is that literally half of the venue was sold before the "official" sale. Then why not sell all tickets at the "pre-sale" and call it a "sale"?

because then it wouldn't be a pre-sale.  pre-sale = who can get in on it is somehow limited (need a password, info sent only to a certain mailing list, etc).  it has nothing to do with what quantity of tickets are sold. 

why not?  there are no rules about a presale.  i dunno, but seth seems to know a thing or two about running a concert production company and getting people to buy his tickets.  i say we let seth do as he has done up until now ;D
<sig>

emmanuel

« Reply #4687 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:20 pm »
why not?  there are no rules about a presale.  i dunno, but seth seems to know a thing or two about running a concert production company and getting people to buy his tickets.  i say we let seth do as he has done up until now ;D

To be clear I was talking about Arcade Fire and Nick Cave shows. I don't know who was the promoter. I'm giving up trying to get tickets for shows like this, unless this is something I am really a fan of. I don't want to bother looking on the web for one of the 12 pre-sale links, so I'm not sure this is a good promotion technique(?)

K8teebug

« Reply #4688 on: April 07, 2014, 01:03:38 pm »
Queens at Merriweather please!  Their own show, not freefest.

thank you.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4689 on: April 07, 2014, 01:10:45 pm »
and the tickets I got on the official day of sale, at noon, were literally the last row.

that could be all that was available, or you had bad ticket mojo that day.  just because that's what you got doesn't mean that's all that was available to the public.

For the Nick Cave shows this summer, my observation is that literally half of the venue was sold before the "official" sale. Then why not sell all tickets at the "pre-sale" and call it a "sale"?

because then it wouldn't be a pre-sale.  pre-sale = who can get in on it is somehow limited (need a password, info sent only to a certain mailing list, etc).  it has nothing to do with what quantity of tickets are sold. 

Is there really a difference between heating an oven and pre-heating an oven?  Why don't we just call it heating the oven?

emmanuel

« Reply #4690 on: April 07, 2014, 01:18:15 pm »
Is there really a difference between heating an oven and pre-heating an oven?  Why don't we just call it heating the oven?

Funny I was wondering the same thing since I cooked everything on "pre-heating" this weekend.

vansmack

« Reply #4691 on: April 07, 2014, 01:32:31 pm »
I'm not sure this is a good promotion technique(?)

Did the shows sell out?  Even if not, I doubt having multiple sales opportunities is a drag on ticket sales.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #4692 on: April 07, 2014, 04:18:18 pm »
Nick Cave made it possible through his own presales for more plugged in/harder core fans to get really good sets.. I think its great... in a way the IMP presals do the same..they favor boardies bigtime

the verizon shows with 12 presales are ridiculous but is not seth or IMP but the venue, the credit card sponsor, etc etc..

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4693 on: April 07, 2014, 08:19:51 pm »
Hey Seth if QOTSA plays the club can I get two free tickets please? (Or should that be MAY I?)
FUKIT

atomic

« Reply #4694 on: April 08, 2014, 11:39:52 am »
Nick Cave made it possible through his own presales for more plugged in/harder core fans to get really good sets.. I think its great... in a way the IMP presals do the same..they favor boardies bigtime

the verizon shows with 12 presales are ridiculous but is not seth or IMP but the venue, the credit card sponsor, etc etc..

I like American Express pre-sales as I always end up getting good seats.  Scalpers know about IMP Presales.  I guess they don't have American Express cards.