Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759977 times)

stevewizzle

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4710 on: April 09, 2014, 01:49:29 pm »
i'm genuinely intrigued by the new wave of parenthood these days. more and more do i hear people calling for all ages at bars/breweries, festivals to have kids areas, etc..  i get it, your selfish, hobby-filled life is essentially over once you crap out a kid or two. let's push the norms a little bit and be a little bit more accommodating to everyone so we don't have to totally suffer. my own selfish, hobby-filled life screams "keep your kid away from me!", but a part of me realizes i'll be there someday too. and i'll still want to have a beer, or see a show, or go to the gym, or do whatever else it is that society says you shouldn't be doing when your child is around. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4711 on: April 09, 2014, 02:31:18 pm »
hey seth, care to comment on this rumor?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/going-out-guide/wp/2014/04/09/d-c-funkpunk-spectacular-dave-grohl-trouble-funk-and-a-special-guest/

(folks, please don't post this in Just Announced... thanks!)
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4712 on: April 09, 2014, 02:44:08 pm »
i'm genuinely intrigued by the new wave of parenthood these days. more and more do i hear people calling for all ages at bars/breweries, festivals to have kids areas, etc..  i get it, your selfish, hobby-filled life is essentially over once you crap out a kid or two. let's push the norms a little bit and be a little bit more accommodating to everyone so we don't have to totally suffer. my own selfish, hobby-filled life screams "keep your kid away from me!", but a part of me realizes i'll be there someday too. and i'll still want to have a beer, or see a show, or go to the gym, or do whatever else it is that society says you shouldn't be doing when your child is around. 

I'm not looking for any of those things, just kid friendly events and places... I'm not expecting or asking nor wanting anything to be "all ages."

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4713 on: April 09, 2014, 02:51:15 pm »
You better hope people don't start complaining about kids who want to talk at the club!

stevewizzle

« Reply #4714 on: April 09, 2014, 02:54:09 pm »
I'm not looking for any of those things, just kid friendly events and places... I'm not expecting or asking nor wanting anything to be "all ages."

not yet, at least.

Yada

« Reply #4715 on: April 09, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »

not yet, at least.

Nah... not one of those people that think kids should belong anywhere. We need more old people like atomic to have kids so they just want to stay home and sit on the couch with them.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #4716 on: April 09, 2014, 11:00:50 pm »
Thank you, you know why.
FUKIT

Yada

« Reply #4717 on: April 10, 2014, 09:20:27 am »
hey seth, care to comment on this rumor?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/going-out-guide/wp/2014/04/09/d-c-funkpunk-spectacular-dave-grohl-trouble-funk-and-a-special-guest/

(folks, please don't post this in Just Announced... thanks!)

maybe the new Nirvana headed by Joan!

atomic

« Reply #4718 on: April 10, 2014, 10:27:18 am »
You better hope people don't start complaining about kids who want to talk at the club!

Wait what about all the adults that talk the entire show?  You shouldn't bring your baby to the club but I don't see anything wrong with an 11 year old going to shows.  When I fostered I brought a 11 year old kid with me to shows and he was always well behaved which is more than I can say for 90 percent of the people attending at the 930 club.

atomic

« Reply #4719 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:16 am »

not yet, at least.

Nah... not one of those people that think kids should belong anywhere. We need more old people like atomic to have kids so they just want to stay home and sit on the couch with them.

I am an active person.  I don't think age has to do whether you stay on the couch.  Anyway in Germany kids could go to bars..I don't get the whole anti-children thing we have going in the US.  Also the anti-dog thing either.

emmanuel

« Reply #4720 on: April 10, 2014, 10:47:24 am »
When I was 16 I really hated that I couldn't get into some shows, although in principle only, since I found out it was rather easy to get in (Canada). To this day, I hate when I see a show that is 18+ or 21+ (which is totally ridiculous in my opinion, but I'm new here).

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4721 on: April 10, 2014, 10:53:09 am »
I am an active person. 

Oh!  I didn't realize that!  What was your finish time for your last marathon?

Also the anti-dog thing either.

Well, you see, dogs are ridiculous and they suck.

atomic

« Reply #4722 on: April 10, 2014, 10:59:22 am »
I am an active person. 

Oh!  I didn't realize that!  What was your finish time for your last marathon?

Also the anti-dog thing either.

Well, you see, dogs are ridiculous and they suck.

I would never run a marathon. It is terrible for you body. Everyone I know who has run long distances on pavement ends up with bad knees.   I am more of climbing mountain or riding moutain bike, or kayaking type of person.  Running is boring too. 

Also was playing basketball 3 times a week at lunch-time at work last year until it got too cold.  All the other guys were in their 20's. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:07:41 am by atomic »

atomic

« Reply #4723 on: April 10, 2014, 11:01:17 am »
When I was 16 I really hated that I couldn't get into some shows, although in principle only, since I found out it was rather easy to get in (Canada). To this day, I hate when I see a show that is 18+ or 21+ (which is totally ridiculous in my opinion, but I'm new here).

Back in the day most shows in Maryland were 21.  I did end up going to a lot of punk all ages shows. And managed to talk my way into other shows.  Ended up having to go to DC a lot to see bands.  But I don't get the age restrictions.  Makes sense at a dance club where people are basically there to hook up but at concerts I don't understand it.

K8teebug

« Reply #4724 on: April 10, 2014, 11:01:41 am »

Wait what about all the adults that talk the entire show?  You shouldn't bring your baby to the club but I don't see anything wrong with an 11 year old going to shows.  When I fostered I brought a 11 year old kid with me to shows and he was always well behaved which is more than I can say for 90 percent of the people attending at the 930 club.

I have yelled at more than my share of adults who will not shut the f up.  Most historically at the last Sleater Kinney show.