Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759450 times)

K8teebug

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4725 on: April 10, 2014, 11:02:28 am »
i'm genuinely intrigued by the new wave of parenthood these days. more and more do i hear people calling for all ages at bars/breweries, festivals to have kids areas, etc..  i get it, your selfish, hobby-filled life is essentially over once you crap out a kid or two. let's push the norms a little bit and be a little bit more accommodating to everyone so we don't have to totally suffer. my own selfish, hobby-filled life screams "keep your kid away from me!", but a part of me realizes i'll be there someday too. and i'll still want to have a beer, or see a show, or go to the gym, or do whatever else it is that society says you shouldn't be doing when your child is around. 

It's called get a sitter. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4726 on: April 10, 2014, 12:40:49 pm »
but sitters, nowadays, will either tattoo, beat up, sell, shake to death, pimp out, your children.

James Ford

« Reply #4727 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:52 pm »
Sometimes people just want to do those things but be in the company of their child too. Perfectly fine with me as long as your kid is well behaved.

i'm genuinely intrigued by the new wave of parenthood these days. more and more do i hear people calling for all ages at bars/breweries, festivals to have kids areas, etc..  i get it, your selfish, hobby-filled life is essentially over once you crap out a kid or two. let's push the norms a little bit and be a little bit more accommodating to everyone so we don't have to totally suffer. my own selfish, hobby-filled life screams "keep your kid away from me!", but a part of me realizes i'll be there someday too. and i'll still want to have a beer, or see a show, or go to the gym, or do whatever else it is that society says you shouldn't be doing when your child is around. 

atomic

« Reply #4728 on: April 10, 2014, 01:28:19 pm »
Sometimes people just want to do those things but be in the company of their child too. Perfectly fine with me as long as your kid is well behaved.

And perhaps if you take your kids to shows by the time they go as adults they will know the proper concert behavior like not talking the whole show or arriving 5 minutes before the headliner starts and then pushes themselves to the front.

K8teebug

« Reply #4729 on: April 10, 2014, 03:51:13 pm »
I'm sorry, but I don't think small children should be taken to shows.  If you want to take your 9 year old, and give them earplugs to protect their hearing, then fine.  But, little kids have no business running around festivals like crazy.  (I realize some festivals cater to those with kids and that's fine, but I"m talking about Coachella or things like that).

There just are some places where kids shouldn't be allowed.  And people should know better than to take them there.

K8teebug

« Reply #4730 on: April 10, 2014, 03:53:36 pm »

I went to the Petit Louis Bistro's little coffee shop a few weeks ago and it was like an f'ing daycare.  Kids running around all over the place, screaming, and the mother's just standing over them like so proud they had procreated these little brats.  Do they have every right to buy a 2 year old a 12 dollar sandwich they will 1/2 eat?  Yes.  But, I just wanted some peace and quiet.  Can't these people go to Panera Bread?

*shakes cane*

James Ford

« Reply #4731 on: April 10, 2014, 03:56:01 pm »
What goes on at these festivals that would require them to not allow kids?

I took my kid to Freefest twice (when she was two and when she was four, I think). Can't say I'll take her back again any time soon. The problem wasn't the little kids running around like crazy. It was the unsupervised asshole teenagers.

I'm sorry, but I don't think small children should be taken to shows.  If you want to take your 9 year old, and give them earplugs to protect their hearing, then fine.  But, little kids have no business running around festivals like crazy.  (I realize some festivals cater to those with kids and that's fine, but I"m talking about Coachella or things like that).

There just are some places where kids shouldn't be allowed.  And people should know better than to take them there.

James Ford

« Reply #4732 on: April 10, 2014, 03:57:24 pm »
We get it. You're one of those women who either can't have kids or doesn't have the mothering instinct and you fucking hate the women who do.

I went to the Petit Louis Bistro's little coffee shop a few weeks ago and it was like an f'ing daycare.  Kids running around all over the place, screaming, and the mother's just standing over them like so proud they had procreated these little brats.  Do they have every right to buy a 2 year old a 12 dollar sandwich they will 1/2 eat?  Yes.  But, I just wanted some peace and quiet.  Can't these people go to Panera Bread?

*shakes cane*

vansmack

« Reply #4733 on: April 10, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I need to get my popcorn.

Carry on.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4734 on: April 10, 2014, 04:32:19 pm »
Is there a parenting thread we can move this to? And smackie stop bogarting the popcorn
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #4735 on: April 10, 2014, 04:45:24 pm »

*shakes cane*

So this isn't the Petit Louis Bistro in Roland Park? I love that place.   No kids running around though. I did see some kids once at the table next to me once.  They were behaved playing with their legos.  They don't have sandwiches there. I am really confused.

atomic

« Reply #4736 on: April 10, 2014, 04:46:57 pm »
Is there a parenting thread we can move this to? And smackie stop bogarting the popcorn

We could move it to the aphex twin thread.  That thread seems pretty empty.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4737 on: April 10, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »

Trust me, I can fill that thread up with stories about Aphex Twin. And they're far more interesting than what's been going on here. I can practically smell the baby spit-up and dirty diapers.

atomic

« Reply #4738 on: April 10, 2014, 04:57:25 pm »

Trust me, I can fill that thread up with stories about Aphex Twin. And they're far more interesting than what's been going on here. I can practically smell the baby spit-up and dirty diapers.

Wouldn't interest me.  Never liked them. 

bearman🐻

« Reply #4739 on: April 10, 2014, 05:00:04 pm »

Wouldn't interest me.  Never liked them. 

Him. It's Richard D. James. One guy. And he put on one of the greatest performances in the history of the 9:30 Club.