Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760005 times)

medeski7

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5025 on: February 04, 2015, 11:39:58 pm »
The Egg.  Heard they're just starting to leak east coast dates.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5026 on: February 05, 2015, 12:11:14 am »
The Egg.  Heard they're just starting to leak east coast dates.

ohhh wow, haven't listened to them in about a decade.  great stuff.  i would be most interested in a show...
<sig>

« Reply #5027 on: February 06, 2015, 11:54:38 am »
Hmmm...Elvis Costello is doing a bunch of US solo dates in March...wraps up in FL (Disney world on 3/17!?!)  then has a month off....
think you can use your powers of persuasion for him to do a 'special night at the club'

jez...where the heck was I in 2007
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5028 on: February 06, 2015, 05:26:02 pm »
Hmmm...Elvis Costello is doing a bunch of US solo dates in March...wraps up in FL (Disney world on 3/17!?!)  then has a month off....
think you can use your powers of persuasion for him to do a 'special night at the club'

jez...where the heck was I in 2007

you mean: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-costello-and-the-imposters/2007/930-club-washington-dc-73d6b6bd.html ... my favorite EC show ever.

This was from the Lisner show in 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53-9AURjeIE

I've had enough of Elvis Solo. Full band is the way.

Kubacheck

« Reply #5029 on: February 06, 2015, 08:57:42 pm »
I'll add the Feelies to the list of bands not playing the area lately...

They'll be in Philly at the end of April.

and they played Baltimore (Ottobar) back in December.... would be nice to see them back in DC again soon, though....

« Reply #5030 on: February 06, 2015, 09:24:29 pm »
slack

hutch

« Reply #5031 on: February 06, 2015, 09:29:17 pm »

you mean: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-costello-and-the-imposters/2007/930-club-washington-dc-73d6b6bd.html ... my favorite EC show ever.
you are 100% correct and I would have killed to seen that

saw him once opening for Bob at Merriweather...solo acoustic

twice at the Warner Theatre... one time backed by a new "Americana"ish band full of serious heavy hitters including Jerry Douglas on dobro (maybe the world's best) and Jim Lauderdale on harmonies (maybe the world's best)..... another time backed by two of the three Attractions (Steve Nieve on keys and Pete Thomas on drums..)and a guy named Farquar on bass.. I really wish Bruce had been there cause those bass lines on the early records are amazing.......this was the Spin the Wheel Show...

All three times he was amazing.... he's not to be missed if one can afford it.....

After his second show at the Warner I met him by his tour bus and he signed my copy of This Year's Model (my favorite album of his).......

Of course the club would be really cool but I'm sure the kind of beans he's asking for make that rather difficult.. he's also played Wolftrap...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:36:14 pm by hutch »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #5032 on: February 07, 2015, 10:18:09 pm »

twice at the Warner Theatre... one time backed by a new "Americana"ish band full of serious heavy hitters including Jerry Douglas on dobro (maybe the world's best) and Jim Lauderdale on harmonies (maybe the world's best)..... another time backed by two of the three Attractions (Steve Nieve on keys and Pete Thomas on drums..)and a guy named Farquar on bass.. I really wish Bruce had been there cause those bass lines on the early records are amazing.......this was the Spin the Wheel Show...

All three times he was amazing.... he's not to be missed if one can afford it.....

After his second show at the Warner I met him by his tour bus and he signed my copy of This Year's Model (my favorite album of his).......

Of course the club would be really cool but I'm sure the kind of beans he's asking for make that rather difficult.. he's also played Wolftrap...

Bob who?
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #5033 on: February 07, 2015, 10:26:07 pm »

Bob who?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-grammys-2015-transcript-of-bob-dylans-musicares-person-of-year-speech-20150207-story.html#page=5

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5034 on: February 07, 2015, 10:33:54 pm »
tl;dr?

hutch

« Reply #5035 on: February 07, 2015, 10:37:25 pm »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #5036 on: February 08, 2015, 02:44:02 am »

Bob who?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-grammys-2015-transcript-of-bob-dylans-musicares-person-of-year-speech-20150207-story.html#page=5

LOL I wont even point out the absurdity if your sequence of posts.
FUKIT

« Reply #5037 on: February 09, 2015, 04:40:26 pm »
ok, I know we ask for way too much.
but I can't stress how great it would be if you could get The Replacements here in the DC area 

Again...I know that my humble requests probably don't ever cross your radar...but
slack

ggw

« Reply #5038 on: February 09, 2015, 04:42:21 pm »
The Replacements

So Kosmo really does have some power...

betao

« Reply #5039 on: February 10, 2015, 06:51:01 pm »
Hey Seth

Underworld just announced a gig in LA in June, performing Dubnobasswithmyheadman for it's anniversary.

What can we do to make this show come here?? Please??