Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760507 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5295 on: September 03, 2015, 04:26:38 pm »
Seth, how was your summer vacation? Do anything fun?

We went to Florida (Melbourne and Miami Beach: water is too warm! I saw sharks!) and  the kids got to see the granddads ..one more loco than the other...but definitely entertaining...

killsaly

« Reply #5296 on: September 11, 2015, 04:42:19 pm »
Duran Duran is touring and would be a fun show.
Their new album is great, and their tour has a small gap before the October 8 NYC show, and a huge gap after the NYC show until their Europe tour starts November 27...

walk,on,by

« Reply #5297 on: September 11, 2015, 05:55:25 pm »
Hey seth, post more.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #5298 on: September 12, 2015, 02:20:38 pm »
more

walk,on,by

« Reply #5299 on: September 13, 2015, 04:50:35 pm »
hey seth . . . you,re so cute when you make a funny.  now, what is your opinion about duran,duran?  could they pull off a club show, or even Lincoln?  or is such a venue too small for them?  it,s too cold for merriweather, and I have a funny feeling they would want to play someplace like warner or dar. 

bearman🐻

« Reply #5300 on: September 14, 2015, 10:19:50 am »
Seth, thanks for Death Cab. Really solid turnout, great set, and a lovely late summer evening. I brought 2 friends to Merriweather who always avoid bigger venues because of the hassles associated with them, and they thought it was a fantastic place to see a show. We had a great time.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #5301 on: September 14, 2015, 06:59:43 pm »
Seth, thanks for Death Cab. Really solid turnout, great set, and a lovely late summer evening. I brought 2 friends to Merriweather who always avoid bigger venues because of the hassles associated with them, and they thought it was a fantastic place to see a show. We had a great time.

I love to hear that thanks

I was gonna go but I lamed out

everyone said it was great

Ben is a super nice and normal guy btw

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5302 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:25 pm »
t'was indeed a great show.  perfect concert weather IMO, then again i'm canadian ;D

i expected the band to play all 11 songs off the new album and maybe 4-5 oldies.  instead it was the opposite.  some good sing-alongs too.  crowd was on the tamer side, 90% of the crowd in the pavilion remained seated throughout the show... but hey, it's Death Cab.  it's not like you should expect a mosh pit.

EitS were great, but i was expecting greatness so they didn't wow.  the expectation of greatness is a leftover of the brain-melter that was their 930 show back in 2006 (?).  still one of my all-time favs at the club.

thanks seth!
<sig>

bearman🐻

« Reply #5303 on: September 15, 2015, 01:48:54 pm »

I love to hear that thanks

I was gonna go but I lamed out

everyone said it was great

Ben is a super nice and normal guy btw

I got my friends onto the deck (one of the nicest perks from Friends with Benefits...but the ever-awesome Eddie hooked us up this time since I bought the tickets through the artist presale), which they loved. The nearby bathrooms and access to a full bar make it such a great way to see a show in a bigger venue like that. And the overall experience of trying to get in/out of Merriweather was ridiculously easy. It helped it was on a Sunday night too, but typically I don't have too many issues. Ben seems like a really good guy. His interview on Sonic Highways pretty much summed up what I'd expect...music is probably the most important thing to him. Glad to see such a nice turnout, that band deserves it.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5304 on: September 15, 2015, 04:04:10 pm »
Echoing the thanks the Seth for DCFC-

Whilst eating hush puppies from the VIP are BBQ truck on the VIP deck, I was explaining to my guest for that show that building the deck, having access for FWB members, tv monitors, a BBQ truck (with excellent hush puppies), etc., all are unnecessary for IMP to have done - everyone, or nearly everyone, would have come to the show for the band. It is so nice that IMP goes above and beyond for us folks.

Seth - Any Wilco possibilities this fall/winter - no show here since Americanarama in 2013. ... and no headlining show since Wolf Trap in 2012?

Yada

« Reply #5305 on: September 15, 2015, 05:03:34 pm »
you guys actually watch the show from the deck or do you view the show on TVs? I don't recall being able to see the band from up there.

Re: Wilco, I'd say this fall is out as their tour is announced and kicking off tomorrow.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5306 on: September 15, 2015, 06:05:17 pm »
you guys actually watch the show from the deck or do you view the show on TVs? I don't recall being able to see the band from up there.

Re: Wilco, I'd say this fall is out as their tour is announced and kicking off tomorrow.

Watched part of EITS from the deck on the TVs.
I think they could play an October/November/December date in the DC area if they wanted to do so. But I agree, unlikely.

moeszyslak

« Reply #5307 on: September 22, 2015, 08:33:50 am »
Jenny Lewis just announced a small tour supporting a reissue of Rabbit Fur Coat.  Any chance you could bring her closer than New York City?

hutch

« Reply #5308 on: September 22, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »
thanks for Ride..that was hot.

killsaly

« Reply #5309 on: September 22, 2015, 01:40:51 pm »
LUSH is reformed...  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o