Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759957 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5610 on: February 25, 2016, 01:36:47 am »
wow that is super sad Jim's wife passed away...

I would definitely go to any benefit for them...

shemptiness

« Reply #5611 on: February 25, 2016, 10:02:50 am »
Oh man. Did she pass away? I contributed to a gofundme campaign for her.  Sad. Just saw them at Rams Head and they were great.

Seth, any chance of having the Smithereens (and friends) in for a benefit for the band?  Pat has had surgery and can't play the guitar and Jimmy's wife just passed from cancer.       

As did I to both.  They also had a gofundme earlier to pay for Pat's multiple surgeries.

hutch

« Reply #5612 on: February 25, 2016, 01:27:20 pm »
One word for you Seth today:

MUDCRUTCH

Kubacheck

« Reply #5613 on: February 27, 2016, 12:09:42 pm »
Oh man. Did she pass away? I contributed to a gofundme campaign for her.  Sad. Just saw them at Rams Head and they were great.

Seth, any chance of having the Smithereens (and friends) in for a benefit for the band?  Pat has had surgery and can't play the guitar and Jimmy's wife just passed from cancer.       

As did I to both.  They also had a gofundme earlier to pay for Pat's multiple surgeries.

I did to both as well.... did you end up making the Annapolis show you had tix for?   I ended up going to both the Rams Head shows and the State Theater show the night before, and one of the things I was looking for was to see how Pat's arm was, and I'm sad to say it's in pretty bad shape, was pretty much just hanging there, he didn't seem to have much control of it at all.... in between shows he had it in a sling....

hutch

« Reply #5614 on: February 27, 2016, 12:13:57 pm »
was Jim there? How was he doing? Had his wife passed before the shows?

Jim is always such a great guy.. I've talked to him- briefly- after any number of State Theatre shows... I couldn't really face talking to him this year.. a close friend of mine died in the past year from cancer and I watched it eat him alive over many months..brutal.. when I saw the picture of Jim's wife in front of the christmas tree I knew she wasn't long for this world ...

Kubacheck

« Reply #5615 on: February 27, 2016, 12:26:38 pm »
^ yes, Jim was there and she hadn't passed yet.... talked to him briefly before the early Rams Head show and wished him well..... one thing I've learned about cancer, I guess depending on which type you have, is that people seem to slowly decline over time and then at a certain point it just goes into overdrive and bam, you're gone relatively quickly..... that's how it happened for my father, at least, and a couple of other people I knew.... 

shemptiness

« Reply #5616 on: February 27, 2016, 12:51:43 pm »
We did make it to the early Rams Head show and talked to Pat and Jim afterward.  I asked Jim about his wife and he got teary-eyed and just shook his head.  He also talked about getting one of his sons off heroin.
Pat wore a black sport coat with his arm just hanging limply, looking almost dead.  He seemed to think he'd be playing again, just not sure when.  I sure hope so.   

killsaly

« Reply #5617 on: February 29, 2016, 01:29:55 pm »
Crystal Castles (minus Alice of course) are playing shows again.  I would love to see this version of them live, as they were really good the one time I saw them on tour for their last LP.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #5618 on: February 29, 2016, 10:35:26 pm »
geezus Seth what is it going to take to get Ace to the 930 Club?? 

edit: another 930/IMP blast and no Ace Frehley again...

You had better be kissing Seth's ass for the rest of the year buddy haha

hutch

« Reply #5619 on: March 01, 2016, 10:12:18 am »
Thank you Seth for ACE FREHLEY the greatest guitar player to grace the 930 stage since maybe Chuck Berry (I can't be too thankful here publicly as people will make fun of me for my love of Ace or you but you know I know...)

Yada

« Reply #5620 on: March 01, 2016, 10:15:39 am »
Thank you Seth for ACE FREHLEY the greatest guitar player to grace the 930 stage since maybe Chuck Berry (I can't be too thankful here publicly as people will make fun of me for my love of Ace or you but you know I know...)

I will say this... I don't think ace is a guitar god, however, I do think hutch had an influence on this booking, brah.

hutch

« Reply #5621 on: March 01, 2016, 10:24:20 am »

I will say this... I don't think ace is a guitar god, however, I do think hutch had an influence on this booking, brah.

Don't listen to this guy Seth.. we both know he is a guitar god... I have put down some good stuff on the Just Announced Commentary Thread demonstrating Ace is in fact a god...

but I can't resist posting this here.. you'll note and appreciate the Chuck Berry tie in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaRc3PVSmMw

Relaxer

« Reply #5622 on: March 01, 2016, 10:38:59 am »
I have to agree that for men of a certain age, Ace is a legitimate guitar god. I don't think it's particularly due to his ability. He was a fine player but the 70s were rife with far better players, in terms of skill and/or feel. But Ace was the engine behind MOTHERFUCKING KISS and if you were of sentient age in 1975 and you saw this photo

then you immediately became an Ace fanatic.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5623 on: March 01, 2016, 11:13:25 am »
^ see now that i can't object to.  i never got in to KISS but i can understand their appeal to a certain age group (my degree of sentience was pretty low in '75).  but that make him a rock god with a guitar, not a guitar god.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #5624 on: March 01, 2016, 11:17:17 am »
My parents wouldn't let me listen to KISS or Black Sabbath. Too satanic.

I'm not sure how I convinced them to let me go see Ozzy as my first concert, but by that time I was probably in high school.