Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760471 times)

killsaly

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5715 on: May 15, 2016, 12:19:49 pm »
Radiohead. MPP.

bearman🐻

« Reply #5716 on: May 17, 2016, 11:01:27 am »
Hey Seth,

FYI, a Jawbreaker 9:30 show would be pretty outstanding. I'm guessing a sellout.

http://pitchfork.com/news/65526-jawbreaker-excited-for-possible-reunion-have-rehearsed-together/

killsaly

« Reply #5717 on: May 17, 2016, 11:29:43 am »
It would be awesome if they brought the band Jawbreaker Reuinion, as their opening support.
https://jawbreakerreunion.bandcamp.com

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5718 on: May 17, 2016, 12:37:37 pm »
Radiohead. MPP.

obviously, this request gets a ton of +1's...
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #5719 on: May 17, 2016, 01:15:40 pm »
It would be awesome if they brought the band Jawbreaker Reuinion, as their opening support.
https://jawbreakerreunion.bandcamp.com

When Wire revamped in the 80s, the opening band was Ex-Lion Tamers. They covered Pink Flag.
😐 🎶

TheREALHunter

« Reply #5720 on: May 18, 2016, 10:49:19 am »
Just a rumor/vague promotional campaign at this point but...RATM and PE later this summer perhaps?

killsaly

« Reply #5721 on: May 18, 2016, 11:37:02 am »
Just a rumor/vague promotional campaign at this point but...RATM and PE later this summer perhaps?
That would be awesome.  Thankfully I was able to see both groups already, but together would be pretty epic. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5722 on: May 25, 2016, 11:19:34 am »
(re-posting, this was lost yesterday...)

hey seth,

the tragically hip are going on tour, and there is a chance this will be their last one.  any chance we can have a date?

edit: they announced dates this morning, looks like it's Canada only... well, if they consider coming this way, please book 'em.

An Important Message From The Band:
Hello friends. We have some very tough news to share with you today, and we wish it wasn?t so.

A few months ago, in December, Gord Downie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

Since then, obviously, he?s endured a lot of difficult times, and he has been fighting hard. In privacy along with his family, and through all of this, we've been standing by him.

So after 30-some years together as The Tragically Hip, thousands of shows, and hundreds of tours?
We?ve decided to do another one.

This feels like the right thing to do now, for Gord, and for all of us.

What we in The Hip receive, each time we play together, is a connection; with each other; with music and it?s magic; and during the shows, a special connection with all of you, our incredible fans.

So, we?re going to dig deep, and try to make this our best tour yet.

We hope you can come out and join us this summer - details and dates will be coming this week.

And we sincerely thank all of you, for your continued love and support,
Paul, GordD, Johnny, Rob, GordS
<sig>

TheREALHunter

« Reply #5723 on: May 25, 2016, 01:40:25 pm »
(re-posting, this was lost yesterday...)

hey seth,

the tragically hip are going on tour, and there is a chance this will be their last one.  any chance we can have a date?

edit: they announced dates this morning, looks like it's Canada only... well, if they consider coming this way, please book 'em.

An Important Message From The Band:
Hello friends. We have some very tough news to share with you today, and we wish it wasn?t so.

A few months ago, in December, Gord Downie was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.

Since then, obviously, he?s endured a lot of difficult times, and he has been fighting hard. In privacy along with his family, and through all of this, we've been standing by him.

So after 30-some years together as The Tragically Hip, thousands of shows, and hundreds of tours?
We?ve decided to do another one.

This feels like the right thing to do now, for Gord, and for all of us.

What we in The Hip receive, each time we play together, is a connection; with each other; with music and it?s magic; and during the shows, a special connection with all of you, our incredible fans.

So, we?re going to dig deep, and try to make this our best tour yet.

We hope you can come out and join us this summer - details and dates will be coming this week.

And we sincerely thank all of you, for your continued love and support,
Paul, GordD, Johnny, Rob, GordS

It appears they're just playing in Canada.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5724 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:30 pm »
yup, as i wrote:

i might be up north at the right time and place to see them in august... TBD.  (hey seth: would see them again in DC).
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #5725 on: May 25, 2016, 02:54:11 pm »
not a show request, but a request, none, the less.

when the site went down the other day and I couldn't get on . . . I panicked.  I freaked out.  What was happening, Martha?  Why was the universe taking away my forum time?  The I thought, of something.

is it possible, that you, oh mighty one seth, can approve and start selling the following merch shirt:

"I AM ADDICTED TO THE 930 CLUB, FORUM"

thank, you 

« Reply #5726 on: May 25, 2016, 03:01:28 pm »

"I AM ADDICTED TO THE 930 CLUB, FORUM"

thank, you 
I'm am too
and was a little like this
slack

hutch

« Reply #5727 on: June 05, 2016, 12:10:17 pm »
Thanks for booking Television!  :)

hutch

« Reply #5728 on: June 07, 2016, 01:59:44 pm »
Hey Seth, thanks so much for booking Mudcrutch! I'm still buzzin' in the afterglow of last night's show... that was really special.. I'll add it to my Legends I can't believe I saw at the 930 list!!!!!

I have to say for different reasons I may have enjoyed that show last night more than the two times I saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at Nissan....just such a great story and so cool to see Petty not having to play the  usual "Hits" yet again..

Nice surprise too to see Herb Pedersen too!

Bur of course Petty never disappoints! Hope you enjoyed it.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #5729 on: June 12, 2016, 08:46:32 pm »
If they tour behind their new album in the U.S., the Divine Comedy please.