Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760180 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #5745 on: July 10, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »
Thanks for hosting the Guided by Voices show at the 930! I had a fabulous time... I lost my phone and emailed the next day on the off chance they'd found it and yup they had... :)

Hope you enjoyed Eurocup.

I'd go see Boss Hog's reunion.. I'm not sure what kind of draw they could pull... one of the bands I saw at the old 930 back in the day..

« Reply #5746 on: July 10, 2016, 10:51:10 pm »
Thanks for hosting the Guided by Voices
I'd go see Boss Hog's reunion..
seems like a perfect Ust gig
yes, thanks for GBV
slack

Kubacheck

« Reply #5747 on: July 11, 2016, 01:48:48 pm »

I'd go see Boss Hog's reunion.. I'm not sure what kind of draw they could pull... one of the bands I saw at the old 930 back in the day..

if you're near a computer (or smartphone or whatever), Boss Hogg will be doing an in-studio tomorrow (July12) streamed live at 3pm on KEXP.org....... audio and video....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:51:53 pm by Kubacheck »

Space Freely

« Reply #5748 on: July 11, 2016, 01:51:30 pm »

This would seem like a more natural venue for them.

http://cootersplace.com/cooters-sperryville/

walk,on,by

« Reply #5749 on: July 11, 2016, 07:47:38 pm »
^ another,  good one.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #5750 on: July 12, 2016, 01:16:04 am »
Beach House show tonight was great but disappointed to see a ticket on my car parked on 8th Street warning me of a ROSA violation...not sure what friends you might have in DC city government but if so can you have them tell the goddamn parking enforcement people to relax a little?  Threatening to tow a car with VA plates that's patronizing yours and other businesses in the immediate area isn't a good look, thanks!

hutch

« Reply #5751 on: July 12, 2016, 07:08:10 am »
Beach House show tonight was great but disappointed to see a ticket on my car parked on 8th Street warning me of a ROSA violation...not sure what friends you might have in DC city government but if so can you have them tell the goddamn parking enforcement people to relax a little?  Threatening to tow a car with VA plates that's patronizing yours and other businesses in the immediate area isn't a good look, thanks!

what is ROSA? what are they saying you did wrong?

« Reply #5752 on: July 12, 2016, 07:36:22 am »
. ROSA (Registration of Out-of-State Automobiles) Violation.
and seth can't stop the meter maid...most productive department in DC...well the cameras have had a pretty good few years too
slack

hutch

« Reply #5753 on: July 12, 2016, 07:41:22 am »
and seth can't stop the meter maid...most productive department in DC...well the cameras have had a pretty good few years too

what is Registratin of Out of State?

He forgot to register his vehicle in VA? does one need to register their cars in DC to park?

one call from Seth......is all it takes...

TheREALHunter

« Reply #5754 on: July 12, 2016, 07:52:09 am »

what is Registratin of Out of State?

He forgot to register his vehicle in VA? does one need to register their cars in DC to park?

one call from Seth......is all it takes...

I'm assuming the point is that people living in DC need to have DC plates...that's all fine and good if they want to attempt to enforce that in true residential areas...but if I'm parked at a commercial meter then the assumption is that there are BUSINESSES nearby that I may be patronizing...and if you want to hit up the areas where commercial and residential meet perhaps they should submit warnings around 3-4AM when it's pretty well assumed that the person parked is staying overnight somewhere, not at goddamn 11:45PM.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #5755 on: July 12, 2016, 07:54:09 am »

I'm fine with the meter maid doing their job which is to make sure that all meters being used are paid up; however assuming that patrons parked at meters are residents with out of state plates and threatening to tow them for future 'offenses' is bullshit, especially when it's a VIRGINIA tag.

hutch

« Reply #5757 on: July 12, 2016, 07:58:41 am »
OMG that is the craziest thing I've ever heard

thank you sweetcell. that is what i thought it was but i couldn't believe it.

hutch

« Reply #5759 on: July 12, 2016, 08:34:23 am »
DC

<shakes head>